Bye Week Changes

Okay, so I suspect while the players have all fled the firestorm Mack and Burke are looking at their options. 

* Fire Crowton? Not gonna happen now. Crowton just played his mulligan -- the QB switch -- so they have to let him try to make chicken salad with Goltz. Plus, who else is going to OC? Burke can't, we don't have a Doug Berry kicking around, and Lapo isn't going to happen.

* Fire Burke? See above. He will last the season, cause who the hell else will do it. Creehan?

* Fire Mack. Highly doubt Joe is the falling on the sword type, so he'll wait for Botch to do it. But he's on vaca, so likely no change will happen there. Plus, what would it accomplish? If you're paying Mack, might as well let him have more time to see if he can make some moves -- you can always dump him in the fall and still have time to line up his replacement. 

Guaranteed, however, that a short list of new GMs is being quietly prepared. 

SO what does that leave? A player purge/swap.

I say Denmark will get shipped (somewhere) or cut outright and you MAY see Bucky go before vet cutdown day.

JJ won't get cut cause he's improved but Im sure he's being dangled as trade bait. 

Any other predictions?

Bring in some import offensive linemen. I realize a Canadian like Morley is harder to replace, but I utterly fail to see why Boatman couldn't be pushed.

Remember when we used to bring in guys like Garrick Jones and Eric Wilson? The trenches got a huge boost.

In fact, I think starting a third American OL should be floated as a possibility (it's not impossible)

I thought the one thing this team had was a good scouting network...

Agreed, I don't see many huge changes until the end of the year - if only because of how much other teams (Edm, Mtrl, Ham) are struggling that (amazingly) we are not completely out of it.  If we lose most of the games between Ham/Edm coming up, definitely see a player purge happening as well...

I would rather let Mack, Burke, Crowton finish the season... but I would like them to bring in an Offensive consultant... eg. Strasser, Wylie or Bellefeuille

after this season... would like to see the following changes

... John Murphy for GM,

... hopefully Kylie Walters be retained as Asst GM and Canadian Scout

... hopefully Tim Burke be retained as Head Coach

... hopefully Khari Jones will be the next OC and Buck Pierce as the QB coach

I would rather let Mack, Burke, Crowton finish the season... but I would like them to bring in an Offensive consultant... eg. Strasser, Wylie or Bellefeuille

... John Murphy for GM,

And I hope the ONLY thing happens is Kyle Walters for Asst GM and Canadian Scout

... John Murphy for GM,

i9LF6l6xiRjiJ.gif

Blowing the team up at the end of the year is probably going to happen. But I think there needs to be more investigation into who you bring in. If Burke and Mack goes and the hire someone else Then are we not going to be paying 3 head coaches at the same time. Not sure if LaPo's contract is done now that he is working for TSN or not. But then Burke and the new Head Coach.

If we keep blowing the team up every 2 - 3 years that is why the organization cannot spend the money to bring in a full coaching staff.

I am getting tired of this revolving door of coaches you need to go all the way back to Bud Grant 1957 - 1966 to see a coach that has lasted more than 3-5 years in a row. Cal had a total of 8 years but was two 4 years stints with 6 years between (83 - 86, 93-96). He was the GM for that time though (83 - 96). Dave Ritchie had 5 years and change as Head Coach

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Winnipeg_Blue_Bombers

TBurg is likely correct in this. They'll give it till the end of the season to see if they can pull a 2011 Lions, and if not...kaboom....

I think you're right, though the KABOOM will likely come after Labour Day/pre Banjo Bowl -- when we're already out of it -- just to see if the shake-up gets more bums in the seats. 

I think you're right, though the KABOOM will likely come after Labour Day/pre Banjo Bowl -- when we're already out of it -- just to see if the shake-up gets more bums in the seats. 

The move will have to be done by the Board though.  Can't see Mack making any drastic moves as he'll point to the fact that the East is bad.

Then are we not going to be paying 3 head coaches at the same time. Not sure if LaPo's contract is done now that he is working for TSN or not. But then Burke and the new Head Coach.

This is the last season that Lapo is on the payroll. Has nothing to do with TSN.

Black Friday, wow. So, the mole who leaked the info to Lawless gets to stay & Butchko along with Mack get fired. Smells set up to me. How hard is it to find the cancerous tumor on the Board? Those guys on the Board all know each other very well. They must know or at least have an idea who did that. To simply say, "If we ever find him".... is a cop out. Are they not going to do an investigation??? That being said, the 2 guys I wanted gone are finally gone. But the way it was done was distasteful & amateurish. Mickey Mouse comes to mind.