Confirmed, Goltz Will Start Friday Night Against Stamps

I was going to say Calgary is a great team for him to play against,  their defense is definitely in the bottom half of the league.    I just hope (pray) that he shows at least a half decent performance,  it'll be very annoying to hear burke throw Goltz under the bus and pump Bucks tires.....

I am very excited, been waiting for this for awhile now.  I will try and calm down, but I am super pumped. 

I believe, I really do.

One of the nice things about this place was you weren't here pumping Goltz like a child with a new toy on every post you made. You already have a website to do that & most of us don't care because we don't post there anymore. We all want Goltz to succeed but we don't need to have a guy here needlessly pumping Justin Goltz not because he likes him but instead to draw attention to himself. So yeah, play it cool here & you'll be welcome. Maybe I'm overstepping my bounds by saying my piece here as I'm not a mod but I like to think that the more knowledgeable Bomber fans hang out here. Therefore, we'll judge Goltz on his own merit & not from a cheerleader.

One of the nice things about this place was you weren't here pumping Goltz like a child with a new toy on every post you made. You already have a website to do that & most of us don't care because we don't post there anymore. We all want Goltz to succeed but we don't need to have a guy here needlessly pumping Justin Goltz not because he likes him but instead to draw attention to himself. So yeah, play it cool here & you'll be welcome. Maybe I'm overstepping my bounds by saying my piece here as I'm not a mod but I like to think that the more knowledgeable Bomber fans hang out here. Therefore, we'll judge Goltz on his own merit & not from a cheerleader.

well one of the features of this site I believe is the ability to ignore users entirely so you don't see their posts, I'd suggest doing that and not egging anything on. 

iso_55

Posted Today, 06:05 PM

surprised.jpg

well one of the features of this site I believe is the ability to ignore users entirely so you don't see their posts, I'd suggest doing that and not egging anything on. 

I had forgotten about that! Thank you!!! Hope I never had to use that with a fellow poster but I probably will. Appreciate the reminder.

iso_55

surprised.jpg

iso_55

surprised.jpg

RG & I go back to OB on this. I think the Ignore Function is the way to go...

Rewatched the Toronto game and Goltz has better zip or velocity on his passes than Buck has shown this year. Able to roll out and make plays better as well. He seems to have the tools to succede and just needs playing time.

I really thought his decision was great on a second/third viewing.  I was extremely impressed by it.  On some plays he made some great reads and others just didn't make the play.  Easy one was the 2nd and 9 or 10 and he hit a quick checkdown to Simpson.  Simpson already had 7-8 yards and easily could have plowed forward to get the first (or very close to it) but went sideways and didn't get the yard.

Goltz will surely have his growing pains and Bomber fans are going to have to be patient.  Right now though the fact that he is making smart decisions bodes well for him.

I really thought his decision was great on a second/third viewing.  I was extremely impressed by it.  On some plays he made some great reads and others just didn't make the play.  Easy one was the 2nd and 9 or 10 and he hit a quick checkdown to Simpson.  Simpson already had 7-8 yards and easily could have plowed forward to get the first (or very close to it) but went sideways and didn't get the yard.

Goltz will surely have his growing pains and Bomber fans are going to have to be patient.  Right now though the fact that he is making smart decisions bodes well for him.

that play pissed me off so much. I hate when guys try and dance around when they're 2 yards short of the first down. Just put your head down, man up and go forward. Worst case you get a yard and are in 3rd and one and you give the coach a choice about gambling. getting stopped 2 yards short means a punt. 

Yeah, that was the same play D Pierce got that penalty...but that doesn't negate what you're saying. Simpson was there...if he just turned upfield.

Sadly, that is where this otherwise fine plan completely falls apart.

Yeah, that was the same play D Pierce got that penalty...but that doesn't negate what you're saying. Simpson was there...if he just turned upfield.

Exactly - we have to judge Goltz on what he can control.  On that play he made the right read, even if Pierce and Simpson ended up screwing it up.

And if Simpson had just put his head down in the first place the penalty never would have happened.  It was right at the end of the play.