Confirmed, Goltz Will Start Friday Night Against Stamps

So, are we relying on Goltz to have a great game in order for him to be annointed the team's starter? Is there anything he can do to be the full time #1? I LOVE the fact that he's starting this week, I'd just hate it to be a one off, and have Buck trot back out in Week 6. I don't know how many more "he (Buck) gives us the best chance to win" bullcrap statements I can take from Burke...

That goes both ways, neither has BP. That being said, with the exception of Matthews, Goltz pretty much does have the full offence.

Banged up Edwards .. no Watson .. no Matthews ..  Pierce has had access to those three guys at some point this year ..

Guess I'm simply hoping Goltz has every opportunity to put his best foot forward .. want to turn the page on Pierce.

Banged up Edwards .. no Watson .. no Matthews ..  Pierce has had access to those three guys at some point this year ..

Guess I'm simply hoping Goltz has every opportunity to put his best foot forward .. want to turn the page on Pierce.

Fair enough, I'm with you guys in that at the end of the day, all I want is for us to win. Whether that's with Pierce, Goltz, or Kerwin Bell leaving his coaching gig in Florida, coming out of retirement and suiting up once again, I'm all for it. We'll see whether or not Goltz has "it" come Friday.

Goltz could use a strong performance from Simpson

with Goltz's scrambling ability, that hopefully will open up some holes for Simpson as they can't just stack the box like they do with Buck and force him to throw or just stand there like a deer in headlights waiting for a DT to fall on him.

Hopefully Goltz can just play well, this is his first real shot here, and so long as he shows progress, it'll be a good day I suppose.

Although I'd be more comfortable with Hall starting, that's mainly due to my belief that Hall fits Crowton's system better, and IMO I think Crowton brought in Hall for a reason, Max seems to be the type of QB that Gary wants.