According To Burke, Buck Is The Starter

Anyone else already tired of the Coach's Playbook on TSN? Last night Lapo was going on and on about Toronto's creativity on offense. All I could think was "if you had some you wouldn't be doing this segment on TSN right now".

I like it honestly. The most intelligent part of TSN's coverage.

I feel the same way.

He's been willing to expend political capital to do things right .. to build this team for the long haul and ensure it's sustainable. We've come a long way in three seasons .. unfortunately for Mack, his coaches have been unable to correct the one thing that's sorely hindered this team ... consistent offensive output. That will ultimately be his downfall ,, the powers that be ARE the sort who cow to pressure.

Consistent offensive output is definitely a big one. We've also seemed to be avoiding or incorrectly addressing our pattern of undisciplined penalties over the years. There seems to be a false sense of accountability when it comes the coaches communicating this with the players year over year.

Consistent offensive output is definitely a big one. We've also seemed to be avoiding or incorrectly addressing our pattern of undisciplined penalties over the years. There seems to be a false sense of accountability when it comes the coaches communicating this with the players year over year.

I think our players are a combination of youth and sttupidity.  When you see a trend that extends through LaPolice and Burke, two coaches with two very different styles, you have to think that it's not the coaches who aren't communicating but that the players just aren't behaving.

I think our players are a combination of youth and sttupidity. When you see a trend that extends through LaPolice and Burke, two coaches with two very different styles, you have to think that it's not the coaches who aren't communicating but that the players just aren't behaving.

It's behaviour, it's lazy technique, amongst other things as well. Behaviour can be corrected and should be properly coached as it should when it comes to your conduct in the field of play.

Umm, no.  LaPo brought in Crowton.  Here's the video where he talks about him getting Crowton onto the Bombers.  Unless he's lying, LaPo brought him onboard.

http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/breakingnews/Bombers-hire-Crowton-as-new-offensive-co-ordinator-138325609.html

Remember Mack told LaPolice that he HAD to bring in a OC , so that is why Crowton came in. 

Went ro my first game at IGF last night. Like Noeller, I came from Calgary. Stamps fans would kill for a facility the Bombers have. My impressions of the Bombers???? Team speed is much too slow. We got no push from the DL. Ray had all night to throw even though they finally got to him & Ray's knee got injured. Why didn't Creehan blitz??/ We were getting beaten by better overall speed by the Argos offense & Ray was eating us alive rushing 4. Creehan played a passive defense the entire game & we couldn't stop the Argos so for crissakes blitz the guy. I'd rather lose with an aggressive defense then no rush & the DBs waving goodbye to Owens, Kackert & Durie. Crowton's playcalling is ****. We throw underneath all night. We throw into the flats but we never challenged the Argos D vertically very much. Virtually nothing in the second half. We need 5 yards we throw for 3. We need 10 we throw for 7. We need 6 we throw for 4. The players need help to win. Coaching was brutal last night. Way too conservative on both sides of the football.

Crowton's playcalling is ****. We throw underneath all night. We throw into the flats but we never challenged the Argos D vertically very much. Virtually nothing in the second half. We need 5 yards we throw for 3. We need 10 we throw for 7. We need 6 we throw for 4. The players need help to win. Coaching was brutal last night. Way too conservative on both sides of the football.

That has been the trend since LaPo came to town... it's quite frustrating.

My guess on why they don't go vertical more often is because Buck throws a real crap long bomb.   Glenn tonight was facing pressure on one play pump faked which made the Als d line man jump up,  he ran around him and tossed it 40 yards down field over the heads of the dbs into the arms of I think it was West.     

Buck can't do these things at all... he throws the ball 5 yards behind the receiver. 

That has been the trend since LaPo came to town... it's quite frustrating.

My guess on why they don't go vertical more often is because Buck throws a real crap long bomb.   Glenn tonight was facing pressure on one play pump faked which made the Als d line man jump up,  he ran around him and tossed it 40 yards down field over the heads of the dbs into the arms of I think it was West.     

Buck can't do these things at all... he throws the ball 5 yards behind the receiver. 

They didn't do it with Goltz either & being down by huge points. I blame Crowton for the clown act on offense more than Buck.. if anyone needs to go, it's him.  

. We need 5 yards we throw for 3. We need 10 we throw for 7. We need 6 we throw for 4. . 

is that coaching though or the players? Obviously the defense knows how far the offense needs to go for a first down and they'll try and force the receiver to go short of that right? Should the onus not be on the recievers to make sure their routes take them to the first down sticks? I think in a situation like that it is too simple to just blame the playcalling without knowing how far the route was supposed to take the receiver. I mean if it's a recurring problem through a couple different OCs now maybe it's time to point fingers at the guys running those routes.

Buck is the starter because he's the best QB we have right now. Period

Goltz has put up more points then Buck has this season so......   he's the starter because he's the only known entity that we have.    How can anyone say he's better then Max Hall when Hall hasn't had a chance to play and during the pre season Hall and Goltz outplayed Pierce badly.....

Well, we began the year....with a veteran QB, and a offence supposedly "tailored" for him by Crowton.  We were promised better pass protection and a more balanced offence (more run game)  

Now.....in 16 quarters of play..... we have had 1 good quarter, and 1 ok one, on offence......  

Still running some sort of finesse blocking scheme, with this great big O-line, very little drive blocking to be seen.  We cannot stretch a defence, attack the edge, or convert 2nd down situations.  No coherent screen/draw game.  Our veteran QB simply loses composure, as the game wears on......

Massive and complete fail.  

Ok, we did address some of these issues.....by "unleashing" Buck....to the tune of 6 points, in just under a half of football.......

Oh well, we can just ride that ole Buck-O-Rama...... until Crowton, Burke, and Mack......fall right off.  

After all, Goltz might go in there and make some bad decisions and turnovers, and get worse as the game goes on, or something.  Can't have that.

ps....Ricardo threw some balls short of the marker....but hits the receiver right on the money, in full stride....easier to YAC, that way..  When is the last time a Bomber receiver didn't have to turn the other way, dive, jump, or stop.....to retrieve a ball? 

Too disgusted to continue, right now......

Personally I'm sick and tired of Burke being stubborn and ignoring the fact that Buck is through. Right now he is at best a third string quarterback. Have no faith in Crowton at all, he is not consistent as a play caller either. He seems to be unable to make adjustments at half time. Burke thinks Crowton is brilliant and deserves to be a head coach, that's what he said last year. If that is what Burke thinks it just shows how stupid he really is about offensive matters.

I'm saying it now...we have to find a way to get Dave Dickinson out of Calgary for next year as Head Coach...right now he doesn't want to, but we have to find some way to convince him. I'm willing to suffer through this year with Burke if we could accomplish that. I'm pretty sure Dickinson wouldn't be starting Buck. But who in their right mind wants to come here, when we have Buck starting and very little chance for the backups to show what they have.

Keeping Buck this year, and playing him still is a bad joke!

is that coaching though or the players? Obviously the defense knows how far the offense needs to go for a first down and they'll try and force the receiver to go short of that right? Should the onus not be on the recievers to make sure their routes take them to the first down sticks? I think in a situation like that it is too simple to just blame the playcalling without knowing how far the route was supposed to take the receiver. I mean if it's a recurring problem through a couple different OCs now maybe it's time to point fingers at the guys running those routes.

I'm sure it's coaching. Short passing wasn't just a random thing. It was nearly every passing play. We were down, what, 32-9 & we never challenged the Argos vertically. Why is that? They were safe & easy passes to complete but we never moved the ball or kept any sutained drives alive. The stats flattered Goltz but let's face it, like Pierce when Justin was in there it wasn't pretty. Still 2 & outs nearly every series. Then we had Chad Simpson running wide with zero success because he hasn't the speed when his bread & butter is running between the tackles.  The play calls didn't help the players on the field. Matter of fact, it was atrocious. No imagination, nuthin'!!

The Bomber Way: Hire GMs with no CFL managing experience. Hire Head Coaches with no CFL head coaching experience. Is it really a surprise when these guys continue to fail???  The culture of this club needs to change. From top to bottom. I've watched a lot of CFL games over the years & I have to tell you... that so called offense we have... & it truly is offensive... ranks up with the worst I ever saw under Joe Zaleski  going back to the late 60's. It was rank.... Just brutal. The play calling was..... ugh, enough of this self torture... Pissed off.

OH OK...well then that's all the proof I need.

:rolleyes:

Yes, you're right, LaPolice hired hired Crowton, he explains it all in the video you posted. But then again that's proof, so why would they listen to that?

It's maddening though, kinda like Burke sticking with his "no feasible QB- but play him anyway" policy.

Yes, you're right, LaPolice hired hired Crowton, he explains it all in the video you posted. But then again that's proof, so why would they listen to that?

It's maddening though, kinda like Burke sticking with his "no feasible QB- but play him anyway" policy.

Yeah I know, I'm asking for too much.  ;)