According To Burke, Buck Is The Starter

It's a shame if it goes down like this .. I think Creehan / Burke are tremendous coordinators and losing them (and the influence over our defense) would hurt .. hopefully the team can right the ship and we can make some progress.

Agreed.  Burke just never seemed like a good HC to me.  And the even dumber thing is, if you listen to his interview after the game.  If Buck hadn't gotten hurt, he would never have pulled him.

Sigh...

It's a shame if it goes down like this .. I think Creehan / Burke are tremendous coordinators and losing them (and the influence over our defense) would hurt .. hopefully the team can right the ship and we can make some progress.

I really like our staff right now actually.  The Burke/Creehan tandem is outstanding, the problem is that Burke as a HC isn't working out for us right now.  He has more time to turn it around but if he continues with Buck he deserves his fate.

The one I'll be most disappointed to lose is Mack because he brings in some fantastic talent. Too bad his choices at head coach haven't been worth a damn.

I feel the same way.

He's been willing to expend political capital to do things right .. to build this team for the long haul and ensure it's sustainable.  We've come a long way in three seasons .. unfortunately for Mack, his coaches have been unable to correct the one thing that's sorely hindered this team ... consistent offensive output.  That will ultimately be his downfall ,, the powers that be ARE the sort who cow to pressure.

The one I'll be most disappointed to lose is Mack because he brings in some fantastic talent. Too bad his choices at head coach haven't been worth a damn.

HC and QB.  He has brought in so much talent at all the other positions but his young QBs didn't pan out and now his second HC isn't either.  

HC and QB.  He has brought in so much talent at all the other positions but his young QBs didn't pan out and now his second HC isn't either.  

To me it's a situation where a guy can have all the talent in the world as a qb but he still needs a lot of other things to go right and I don't think the guys we had were able to do it. I still say Elliott could have turned into a decent starter, but obviously Burke didn't like him. Goltz shows potential, but will he be able to d anything when he's not given a chance to play? 

I feel the same way.

He's been willing to expend political capital to do things right .. to build this team for the long haul and ensure it's sustainable. We've come a long way in three seasons .. unfortunately for Mack, his coaches have been unable to correct the one thing that's sorely hindered this team ... consistent offensive output. That will ultimately be his downfall ,, the powers that be ARE the sort who cow to pressure.

This is literally my favorite post ever. Expressed perfectly.

Yet Mack brought in Crowton, so....

What confuses me the most is that for about 6 games last season Crowton seems to have "got it'.

Now our offense looks like last seasons start.

What confuses me the most is that for about 6 games last season Crowton seems to have "got it'.

Now our offense looks like last seasons start.

I think, in part, it's due to the fact they've rejigged things to try and keep Buck upright .. protect him .. Buck's inability to *DO ANYTHING* in the offense is dragging the whole thing down ..

I think, in part, it's due to the fact they've rejigged things to try and keep Buck upright .. protect him .. Buck's inability to *DO ANYTHING* in the offense is dragging the whole thing down ..

Ya I think we may see a lot more creativity with Goltz under centre.  We saw them move the pocket way more with him in and obviously they have designated runs in there for him too.  The zone-read will become a lot more of a threat now with a QB that can pull the ball.  The offensive plays have shown some potential early on, there just hasn't been enough of them consistently.  They ran some high-percentage throws on Buck's first drive of the game and even he had some success with them.  The playcalling was a lot more "normal" (ie. what we're used to) after that.

I wouldn't sink Crowton just yet.  I want to see him with a mobile QB in charge.

Just because Burke is in over his head as an HC doesn't mean Mack isn't as a GM.  You don't get this bad this consistently with only one incompetent person. 

The team isn't bad .. the offense is .. we have a championship calibre defense when all our starters are in (hell we're pretty damn good when we have backups in) .. if the offense could be average .. this would be a very dangerous team.