Three new TSN channels coming soon.

Huge fan of this. Wonder if it happens if they don't lose the NHL though. Sportsnet has NHL and MLB, TSN will brand themselves as carrying literally almost everything else.

TSN has all MLB games that ESPN has on during the week. Also there is going to be a lot more college football on now.

If you're Ron MacLean, do you retire?

They announced ages ago that Ron MacLean will be doing Coach's Corner with Don Cherry on Saturday nights and MacLean will be hosting a show that will be like a weekly version of Hockey Day in Canada that will air Sunday nights on Sportsnet.

I'm just sayin' his duties are reduced with Strombo taking over hosting duties. He can't be happy about that & I'm sure that his salary over the years has allowed him to become wealthy where he doesn't need to keep working. Might he retire after a year or two? MacLean was never one of the problems on HNIC. Stock & Healey are. Is Andi Petrillo back? Wouldn't miss her if she was let go.

I'm just sayin' his duties are reduced with Strombo taking over hosting duties. He can't be happy about that & I'm sure that his salary over the years has allowed him to become wealthy where he doesn't need to keep working. Might he retire after a year or two? MacLean was never one of the problems on HNIC. Stock & Healey are. Is Andi Petrillo back? Wouldn't miss her if she was let go.

That's not true at all. He's getting a promotion, essentially. Still hosting Coach's Corner on HNIC, but also hosting a new Sunday Prime Time hockey night that will get huge ratings.

It'll be sad to see him not part of the CBC, though. I doubt he'll be involved in 2016 Olympic coverage now, which with Brian Williams at TSN/CTV truly means an end of an era over there.

You think it's a promotion? MacLean's basically been told he's too old & not hip enough to host HNIC anymore. Anybody here actually happy to see Strombo taking Maclean's place?

http://sports.nationalpost.com/2014/03/13/ron-maclean-could-be-surprise-winner-in-hockey-night-in-canada-shakeup/

Yup. Step backwards not having Ron as host. When HNIC leaves CBC for good, does Ron go with it?

He's already signed a new contract with Sportsnet. If Don Cherry is still doing Coach's Corner when HNIC leaves CBC then so will Ron MacLean - I can't imagine Cherry wanting to do it with someone new.

What a waste, hopefully this blows up in Bell's face. There is no need for all these sports channels, last thing we need up here is more American content and if this is Bell's answer to losing the NHL, they've got 12 years of sorrow ahead of them.

• 3 months later...

Heard some pretty great news today! Check it out:

(TSX:MBT) MTS, Manitoba’s leading full-service telecommunications provider, today announced that it will carry TSN’s expanded line-up of five national feeds:  TSN1, TSN2, TSN3, TSN4 and TSN5. With this expansion, Winnipeg Jets™ games will now appear on TSN3 and be included in MTS TV’s Basic Service channel group. 

Simply put... no more subscribing for $10/month for TSN Jets as it is included in your basic service. This should come as good news to a lot of people I would think.