Burke Comments

But in comparison to pierce who has also been not nearly accurate enough... and in addition Pierce hasn't been able to escape pressure or run either. So how would it be worse? That's the point here. Pierce has been so bad in the first 3 games the whole "it might get worse" argument is ludicrous.

Oh I agree goltz should have seen some action last game.

But Reilly looks just as putrid behind and equally weak online. So far.

Burke also stated earlier that we shouldn't put too much into the first 3-4 games.

So I suppose this week should end the Bombers grace period.

On a side note, at times I feel as though Burke being a defence coach hurts us, you can clearly see at times that his trust in the defence weighs into a lot of his decisions, and at the same time trusting Crowton completely with the offense might have been a bit of a mistake.

, and at the same time trusting Crowton completely with the offense might have been a bit of a mistake.

I am less sure that that was a mistake, to me the mistake was hitching the offense so totally and completely to Buck Pierce. They were afraid to let him play his way so the re-tooled the offense to try and kepe him upright and it turns out PIerce can't play that style of offense. It was a mistake from square one. If you don't believe you qb can stay healthy playing the way he plays well you have to be sure he can adapt to a different style, clearly he can not. Should have stuck with the qb who excelled at times with Crowtons offense. 

How can you not understand it?  Nichols was recovering from a serious injury, and Reilly ended up being the starter by Week 1.  Here we refuse to pull a struggling QB until he's knocks himself out of the game.  Pretty sure he chose right.

yeah until he gets seriously injured like Nichols and his career is over.

oh who's that? the guy who's thrown what? 14 passes in his career? Or the guy who has thrown none? Surely you don't mean pierce, cause you go up a little bit you'll see some stats that indicate he's as much of a turnover machine as elliott ever was.

the market spoke on Elliott. feel free to ignore it though as I see you are already doing

I don't know. But it clearly said Elliott isn't very good so you can stop pretending otherwise.

Think Goltz or Pierce woulda been picked up by anyone? The best QB evaluator in the CFL found room on his roster for Elliott so I'm not exactly sure what your point is... this is the same guy by the way who cut ties with Buck Pierce a few years back mind you...

I don't know. But it clearly said Elliott isn't very good so you can stop pretending otherwise.

Lol or it means that every team is already satisfied with their qb depth.   Elliott went to BC where apparently Buono is magical in his selection of QBS.  

2 player of the weeks despite playing on a piss poor offense in turmoil definitely disagrees with your statement.    

Now I'm not saying Elliott is an elite guy, but dear lord he at least had a pulse when he was on the field and as said before at least he could move the ball.   His mistakes could of been easily corrected if we were to simply pull him out in the red zone and put Randall Cunning-Goltz in so he can sneak in for all those easy tds.   

Think Goltz or Pierce woulda been picked up by anyone? The best QB evaluator in the CFL found room on his roster for Elliott so I'm not exactly sure what your point is... this is the same guy by the way who cut ties with Buck Pierce a few years back mind you...

what space did he find for him again?

I'll say it like it is, the above statement is purely brain dead logic.

Montreal didn't want him and they are willing to try out porter.

Toronto to a bunch of no names over him, so did Hamilton.

Edmonton had two unknowns and the geriatric kerry joseph but they didn't have room

and in BC. if lulay goes down. who does buano trust most to step in. a guy who hasn't thrown a pass over Elliott. what a ringing endorsement.

yeah either all the gms are wrong or you guys seem to think Elliott is better than he is. I wonder what it is.

The problem with the release of Elliott is that it was done based on more than on field production. 

We will see if he amounts to anything in B.C.. It may take a while though for him to get any kind of look playing behind Lulay. (And Thomas DeMarco for that matter.)

We don't know yet how Goltz compares to Elliott.  Elliott has the playing experience, which gives him the advantage, but Goltz has the raw talent. Before we start comparing Goltz to Elliott, we need to see Goltz play in a game or 2. The same goes for Hall.

In 5 years from now we might just all agree that both of them were crap. It's funny how hindsight makes us all experts.

I also don't think it's fair to say that none of our QBs on our roster would have made the Lions roster like Elliott did.  Until both Goltz and Hall get some playing time under their belt it's not a fair comparison.

But, the fact is Elliott is gone and Goltz and Hall remain.  If Buck plays like he did, the Bombers have to have more faith in their back-ups like they would have if Elliott or Brink were in.

In my opinion Goltz should have been given some playing time against the TiCats.  By the third quarter it was very apparent that Buck could not get the job done. I don't care who the back up is, if the #1 QB is playing that poorly, he has to be replaced.  It's not like this was a one time thing for Buck.  It happens fairly regularly with him.

If the Bombers coaching staff have that little faith in Goltz and or Hall, that they can't put them in when Buck is playing that bad, then we are in big trouble. 

And like I said before, watching the game from the sidelines could help buck see things from a new perspective which would help him going forward.

And like I said before, watching the game from the sidelines could help buck see things from a new perspective which would help him going forward.

It didn't help Buck sitting in the press box beside Crowton for most of last year...that was supposed to help him...failed experiment!