Burke Comments

Disagree Mike. Buck has NEVER turned the ball over as much as Joey did. It's one thing to struggle, its another to game in and game out (except for games against Hamilton and Montreal) to be a complete turnover machine. Buck is a problem right now, but he has a successful track record as a starter, and there is obviously a reason Burke is sticking with him.

and Joey has NEVER failed to move as pathetically as BUCK.

NEVER

Buck's 3 turnovers on our side of the field in week 1 were more problematic than any of Joey's turnover filled games.

You're comparing one game versus a number of games in Joey's case. That in itself is the answer to why Buck has been treated different that Joey. Turnovers in the red zone are every bit as bad, as shown in the game against Calgary last year at home.

You're comparing one game versus a number of games in Joey's case. That in itself is the answer to why Buck has been treated different that Joey. Turnovers in the red zone are every bit as bad, as shown in the game against Calgary last year at home.

Big time facepalm to you.

1) Wide Receivers not hitting their waggles

See, I noticed this too (mentioned on another site, was told I was being too picky). We look super ragged when we approach the line, as if nobody knows the snap count.

All his comments point to a lack of attention to detail. Sounds like maybe Crowton is being indirectly blamed here.

Yah... After listening to Burke maybe its not all buck but it sure looked that way to me.

Sounds like the confusion over the waggle is causing alot of issues.. maybe the hurry up offence isn't the greatest for letting everyone know what the snap count is, or the play.

Hurry up would work if the offence was firing on all cylinders..   But  10 of our 12 spark plug wires are disconnected.

Then no offence, you should probably stop watching football or pay more attention. It is VERY easy to blame just the QB. It was quite clear, to me anyway that, while Buck had a very poor game, there is much more plaguing this team at the moment.

I personally pay plenty of attention, as I'm sure you also do. I guess we're just seeing different things.

I see a QB who locks on to his initial read almost exclusively.

I see a QB who is so unaware of pressure that he'll take six sacks but will go an entire game without throwing a single ball away.

I see a QB who has problems spotting any openings in the intermediate portions of the field.

I see a QB who cannot utilize a screen pass to save his life.

I see a QB who is overthrowing, underthrowing and failing to lead his receivers into passes.

I see a QB who struggles to recognize any blitz tendencies whatsoever.

I see a QB who is unable to inspire ANY faith that we can come from behind when trailing late in a game.

I see a QB who seems to patch together one quarter of good play a game and then disappear for the balance.

I see a QB who is finding different ways to lose every week as opposed to finding different ways to win.

But since I'm curious, what do you see from Buck? I'm not saying there are not other problem areas with this offense. I'm saying the most important position on the field is failing us right now and in a big way.

So... Who is sitting then?

My guess is Jovon is getting sat (He had at least two big mistakes last game... the first giving up the huge TD pass to Giguere, the second was late in the game and I think resulted in more points as well)

The second is Morley?

Morley's brutal.  Below-average for the past 2+ years at least.  For some reason, the coaches haven't seen it, and I bet he continues starting. 

Wouldn't be so quick to dismiss Jovon on that Giguere TD... Cauchy bit the underneath route.  Giguere will outrun Jovon all day, every day.  That said, Burke isn't the hugest Jovon fan... and I could see it as a way to get Sears into the lineup, if he's ready.

The other one I see is Matthews.  Has not been great this year, but I would think his full body of work from last year should buy him some time.  When Buck Pierce hits you in the chest, you buy a lottery ticket.  When you don't catch it, you buy a plane ticket home...

I personally pay plenty of attention, as I'm sure you also do. I guess we're just seeing different things.

I see a QB who locks on to his initial read almost exclusively.

I see a QB who is so unaware of pressure that he'll take six sacks but will go an entire game without throwing a single ball away.

I see a QB who has problems spotting any openings in the intermediate portions of the field.

I see a QB who cannot utilize a screen pass to save his life.

I see a QB who is overthrowing, underthrowing and failing to lead his receivers into passes.

I see a QB who struggles to recognize any blitz tendencies whatsoever.

I see a QB who is unable to inspire ANY faith that we can come from behind when trailing late in a game.

I see a QB who seems to patch together one quarter of good play a game and then disappear for the balance.

I see a QB who is finding different ways to lose every week as opposed to finding different ways to win.

But since I'm curious, what do you see from Buck? I'm not saying there are not other problem areas with this offense. I'm saying the most important position on the field is failing us right now and in a big way.

I see the same things as you though I'd maybe change the shows up for one quarter thing to shows up for about 2 great drives a game. Cause there's times in every game where Piece has looked damn good hitting receivers and marching the ball down the field.... the trouble is that he can't sustain that for more than 2 or 3 drives a game. 

What I don't get still is clearly the offense had issues.... yet they made zero adjustments or changes.   Why not put Goltz in for 2 sets of series and maybe switch the receivers around a bit??? 

Why do we ALWAYS need to review game film to make adjustments for the next game.... makes no sense to me.