Game Day Thread

Noeller

This defense is really incredible next to Jovon. I wouldn't change a thing. Anderson and Turner are both special players. I know Flory is super old but he looked brutal. Obviously this new Alouette offensive scheme is garbage so far but I was still impressed. 

I'm frustrated as hell with the offence still since even Buck's completions were mostly tough catches from the receivers bailing him out but this team will be competitive in the East this year, no doubt. It may have been ugly, but we haven't won pretty games since 2007 so may as well get used to it.

It's less of an indictment of his game today, but he was atrocious last week and last season he was just as bad. Forget the fact that he's a joke of a punt returner at this point in his career (and if he keeps fumbling, we are down to 0 reasons why he should be there over Washington), he's just not a good DB. No matter what you think of either PI call on him this week or last, he's still the only Bomber with a PI call period and he just gets beat.

The though of Sears replacing him brings me to a happy place straight out of Happy Gilmore. And I actually think Burke has the balls to do it.

JJ had a very solid game, I would find another option at PR though...

Weak link in the D, for me, is still Dunn...  he had a big play but aside from that, he is a bit player. - Would still like to see Sears there.

Anderson and Parker were awesome.  Kohlert, Watson and January had big games.  KOHLERT!

Our OL is better because Simpson's last surge gives us another 3 yards each play but we were not 'great'.

LOVE the dump passes!  Crowton, as usual, called some really nice stuff and some really conservative head-shakers... close though.

The D will be tested next week against Burris and Fantuz... 

And, yeah, we should have picked Edem.

With Cauchy, we really didn't have a place for Edem unless we wanted to chance him at Nickel. If Mulumba comes here in the next few years and replaces Mainor as I assume is the plan, I won't lose sleep over not having Edem. He does look good, but he would have been an awkward fit.

With Cauchy, we really didn't have a place for Edem unless we wanted to chance him at Nickel. If Mulumba comes here in the next few years and replaces Mainor as I assume is the plan, I won't lose sleep over not having Edem. He does look good, but he would have been an awkward fit.

I'd take Edem as backup to Cauchy, Labbe or Dunn...  At the very least, over James `Green...

Brandon London 3 catches for 36 yards in two games yeah getting beat every play. SMH blind hate.

When did I say he got beat every play? I actually said that he wasn't that bad this game. Do I hate Jovon? As a person, not really but I don't know the guy. What I do know is that he has been swinging between below-average to atrocious since game one of last season and won a MODP award based on high INT numbers. You obviously like the guy, which is fine by me but in my mind, watching countless years of him bumbling around in the secondary, I think he is far and away the weak link of the entire D. How many catches does Brandon Stewart allow? How many yards did Suber and Washington allow to Richardson and Green, two of the best SBs in the league?

I'd take Edem as backup to Cauchy, Labbe or Dunn...  At the very least, over James `Green...

Hey, I very much agree but James Green is clearly an emergency ST replacement for Stephan who is also a very different player to Edem. And I highly doubt Edem could back up MLB but that's another story.

Great defense.  Playing with tremendous energy, Calvillo actually got his eyes downfield only on a handful of snaps.  So much for the big strike offence.  Looks like they need to search the offices for any pages that fell out of Trestman's playbook with plays in it that protect the QB and get the ball out of his hands quickly. 

Our offence is brutal.  Best drive of Pierce's Bomber career on the 105 yarder.  Other than that, not a whole lot of positives.  Our run game is poorly designed and disguised.  It is rare that our back gets the ball with their momentum going north-south.  The blitz was handled a little better than last week, but not much better.  Matthews needs to catch the ball.  No idea what Crowton/Buck were thinking on most of the pass plays in the last 4 or so minutes of the game.  It was a miracle that Montreal did not pick one off.

Need to work on basics.  Carrying the ball, start there :unsure:

I was watching the comedy of errors in the first quarter.  This team still makes way too many mistakes.  Will Ford just completely whiffs on a block, Hebert just walks around him, and nails Buck, right before he's about to find a wide open Jade Etienne.  So we have to kick a FG.  Palardy whiffs on the FG.  Just too many mistakes. 

I think Johnson is getting crapped on a bit too much... but that being said I am a HUGE Sears fan and at this point JJ is probably the weakest link in the secondary and getting Sears in at his expense might just happen.... Dunn has been really good in these first two games, coming out of nowhere to look like a good fit at that position. Parker as well seems to be fitting in nicely at LB and all those questions we all had about the position seem to be going away. 

I think Johnson is getting crapped on a bit too much... but that being said I am a HUGE Sears fan and at this point JJ is probably the weakest link in the secondary and getting Sears in at his expense might just happen.... Dunn has been really good in these first two games, coming out of nowhere to look like a good fit at that position. Parker as well seems to be fitting in nicely at LB and all those questions we all had about the position seem to be going away. 

Would the person covering SJ Green not be the weak link.

I was watching the comedy of errors in the first quarter.  This team still makes way too many mistakes.  Will Ford just completely whiffs on a block, Hebert just walks around him, and nails Buck, right before he's about to find a wide open Jade Etienne. 

Yeah, I'm worried about the blocking from our rb's. I thought Simpson was supposed to be a good blocker, but I didn't see that last night.

I was watching the comedy of errors in the first quarter.  This team still makes way too many mistakes.  Will Ford just completely whiffs on a block, Hebert just walks around him, and nails Buck, right before he's about to find a wide open Jade Etienne.  So we have to kick a FG.  Palardy whiffs on the FG.  Just too many mistakes. 

I'm just impressed with our Canadian Receivers... Kohlert is 7 yards from our top 3 receivers being NI's

When was the last time our NI's were this impressive?

All right.  Wonder how banged up Edwards is.  It would be nice to have the flexibility to have a Doug Pierce able to sub in when/if a receiver goes down during the game.  That being said, Kohlert has proven to be a reliable target, especially against Montreal for some reason.

All right.  Wonder how banged up Edwards is.  It would be nice to have the flexibility to have a Doug Pierce able to sub in when/if a receiver goes down during the game.  That being said, Kohlert has proven to be a reliable target, especially against Montreal for some reason.

kohlert just reminds me so much of Stoddard out there. Doesn't jump off the page at you but sure enough there he is making the plays. Big fan of what our canadian receivers are doing there.