Eskimos release Alexander (Now Signed with the Bombers)

voodoochylde

Good signing for training camp if nothing else. I just hope Alexander still has a year or two in him.

I don't see why he wouldn't have multiple years left.  He's only 28 you know.

Hmmm... he's been around so long, I assumed he was at or past 30. Typically, most athletes physically peak at ages 26-29, so if his head is still in the game, he ought to fit in well here. Don't remember him as a solid tackler, though.

We now have 7 NI Safety's on the roster. Possible trade coming?

I'm still wondering why we re-signed Dan West.

It's either a trade coming or the plan is to start 2 NI DBs, which I suggested might happen in a previous thread and got laughed at.

... It could be (and probably is) neither of those things. Newman, West, Bucknor, Muamba, Alexander and Sherman boils down to 6 guys under contract. I'm assuming you're counting Robertson as well. You could easily play 1 Canadian safety, 1 Canadian nickel (which is what my best guess is) and a backup on the 42. Practice roster another one, maybe two and there you go. Maybe they attempt to trade one, I'm sure they'd exhaust all those options before cutting a guy outright but there's no way I can see us starting 2 Canadians in the secondary when we have the import talent that we have there.

Alexander has some speed to burn, he looked decent his first year in Edmonton, though not so much last year. Competition is great and all, but IMO he's just a faster version of Cauchy.

Good signing, we need NI's.   Can't believe all this action in Feb, what a change from the last few seasons.  

The Cup is ours.

Especially if Goltz wins the starting job in TC from Willy. Start planning the parade, it's a done deal.

IF??????  You must mean "when"...