Eskimos release Alexander (Now Signed with the Bombers)

voodoochylde

Why trade for Glenn ? Eventually he\ll just end up being released.

You do realize there's 8 other teams in the league, right? If we trade away spare parts, it guarantees we GET him.

What makes you think he automatically signs with the Bombers if Ottawa cuts him?

I agree, I can definitely seeing BC offering him a solid deal and forget not Glenn would prefer playing behind a more safe o line and on a team without Marcel bellefeuille.

I'd be happy if they could dump Cauchy and a late pick for Glenn.

You do realize there's 8 other teams in the league, right? If we trade away spare parts, it guarantees we GET him.

What makes you think he automatically signs with the Bombers if Ottawa cuts him?

No really, I thought there was only 2 CFL Teams........................... :rolleyes:

I don't want Glenn here, I actually think it's unlikely for him to sign here, but why waste assets on him when we could either pick him up if he's released or if he doesn't want to come here waste picks and players for nothing. At the same time, what other team would want Glenn ? maybe Montreal and/or Edmonton, but I don't see BC going after him, nor Calgary, Saskatchewan, Toronto,  Hamilton.

No really, I thought there was only 2 CFL Teams........................... :rolleyes:

I don't want Glenn here, I actually think it's unlikely for him to sign here, but why waste assets on him when we could either pick him up if he's released or if he doesn't want to come here waste picks and players for nothing. At the same time, what other team would want Glenn ? maybe Montreal and/or Edmonton, but I don't see BC going after him, nor Calgary, Saskatchewan, Toronto, Hamilton.

Why wouldn't bc go for him? He's more reliable then Buck.

I don't want Glenn here, I actually think it's unlikely for him to sign here, but why waste assets on him when we could either pick him up if he's released or if he doesn't want to come here waste picks and players for nothing. At the same time, what other team would want Glenn ? maybe Montreal and/or Edmonton, but I don't see BC going after him, nor Calgary, Saskatchewan, Toronto, Hamilton.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Glenn end up in either Montreal (my first bet) or Vancouver. Glenn would be a good fit into Montreal's quick-read offense with a decent O-line and a good chance for another shot at the Grey Cup. Vancouver's biggest asset is the lack of cold weather. Either way, the two GMs involved will try to wait out Ottawa to get the best deal for Glenn- they may get him for nothing or next to nothing.

If Lulay's rehab is on schedule he may be ready for TC iirc. 

Yes but wouldn't Glenn be much better insurance then Pierce/Elliott?

With the Glenn gets released scenario, BC might go after him but I don't think Glenn would want to sign there and be stuck behind Lulay.

With the Glenn gets released scenario, BC might go after him but I don't think Glenn would want to sign there and be stuck behind Lulay.

The question is, where could he sign where he wouldn't stand behind someone else.

BC: Lulay

Edmonton: Reilly

Calgary: Tate/BLM

Regina: Durant

Winnipeg: Willy

Ottawa: Burris

Hamilton: Collaros

Toronto: Ray

Montreal: Smith

Montreal or Winnipeg might be the only possibility (with a slight tilt to Montreal because they haven't come out and said Smith is the starter...at least I don't remember them doing that) if they're willing to let him start for the year to allow Willy or Smith a little more time to develop.

The question is, where could he sign where he wouldn't stand behind someone else.

BC: Lulay

Edmonton: Reilly

Calgary: Tate/BLM

Regina: Durant

Winnipeg: Willy

Ottawa: Burris

Hamilton: Collaros

Toronto: Ray

Montreal: Smith

Montreal or Winnipeg might be the only possibility (with a slight tilt to Montreal because they haven't come out and said Smith is the starter...at least I don't remember them doing that) if they're willing to let him start for the year to allow Willy or Smith a little more time to develop.

Montreal has a lot invested in Troy Smith. He will start. Expect him to be a bright light this year. Where that leaves Glenn, who knows? Personally I wouldn't want him in a Winnipeg uniform again. 

A lot of teams would like a veteran back-up but I would think Glenn would be more interested in a situation with an unproven starter than in going to a team with an established starter. 

That would be Winnipeg, Hamilton and Montreal (possibly Edmonton).  Glenn's already played for Winnipeg and Hamilton, which leaves Montreal, possibly Edmonton.

One reason would be leadership issues. When it comes to that, Buck is more reliable.

One reason would be leadership issues. When it comes to that, Buck is more reliable.

Is he really a leader? I know he's a nice guy but a leader would accept blame and would do what's best for his team. His post game speeches of needing to watch film (like Burke) doesn't really sound like leadership to me.

Is he really a leader? I know he's a nice guy but a leader would accept blame and would do what's best for his team. His post game speeches of needing to watch film (like Burke) doesn't really sound like leadership to me.

Your bias against Buck has become nauseating.

Your bias against Buck has become nauseating.

How so?  He played extremely poorly for us in the last 2 years,   he was injury prone,  he held back (coaches fault) the development of the QB position,   his post game speeches were uninspired and he never was honest like Calvillo was last year....  I don't see how it's a bias.    The proof is in the results... the guy was awful and way past his expiration date.   

This is why I don't see the Buono as a GM love since he picked up 2 qbs from the team with the worst depth of QB over the last many years... he lost out on nearly everyone in the off season....   

I don't see anything good about Pierce today as a player.   He's a nice guy and had heart... but zero results.   Glenn has shown WAAAAAAAAAY more  in the last 3 years then Buck has. 

Last 3 seasons - > 

Buck's stats - 

5500 yards passed  -  22 TDs -  28 ints -  Handful of wins

Glenn's stats - 

10893 yards passed - 62 TD - 40 ints - Helluva lottta wins

The only thing Buck has on Glenn is a lower salary! 

So you took a question about leadership qualities and turned it into a pulpit to continue to slag and insult buck pierce yet again..

Stay classy bud.

Lol I didn't see the teammates crying or twittering a storm about Buck when he was traded away,    when Korey Banks left BC we saw team mates really upset that a leader was being shipped off.   

Buck as a "leader" is just something the fans created... He was the Andrew Ladd of the Blue Bombers... a tough hard nose player who tried to lead by example.... unfortunately for Buck he was awful the last 2 years so that leadership had zero effectiveness.   

I never seen such a sad uninspired team as the guys last season....  that leadership of Buck really didn't look like it made any impact.    Hey remember a few years back when Elliott was firing up the club and the players instantly responded compared to how lethargic they looked when Buck was at the helm.

Buck was no great motivational leader, so get over it.