Eskimos release Alexander (Now Signed with the Bombers)

voodoochylde

Many of his Bomber teammates referred to him as their leader during his time here, to suggest otherwise is petty.

Who?

How come they were not outraged by him being traded.

How would you know if they were?

Many of his Bomber teammates referred to him as their leader during his time here, to suggest otherwise is petty.

Who?

How would you know if they were?

Twitter

Who?

Is that really the basis for your argument or are you just playing silly bugger?

Not really my basis is that the only positive thing the media / fans / players had said about him in the last 2 seasons was that he was a warrior and had a lot of heart.    As well visibly it's not like you saw him pumping up the guys on the sidelines and or saying anything to the media that would give the impression that he was going to take control of the locker room and or really anything passionate at all.

The post game show interviews were similar to Burke's of Needing to study game film to see what went wrong ,  need to work on things for next week to correct the issues, I thought we showed a lot of effort (after stinking it up on the field).   By the end Irving, Brown and Zalnasky would all make light of these kind of interviews. 

I'm not saying Pierce was a bad guy or the players hated him ... my comparison to Ladd and the Jets would be that the players all hated Evander Kane with a passion and it took Blake Wheeler to step up and put the guy in place.   Ladd shows my example.... Wheeler is a guy in the locker room that the players respect and who can motivate the team between periods.  I'm saying Pierce isn't a rah rah guy...    

I think it is pretty naive to think you can judge the leadership impact a player has on a team based on what you see from the field (where you are watching from either your living room or so far away you can't hear what the player is saying) or post game interviews where 99% of the time players are simply giving canned responses.

Leadership is displayed in many different ways.  But you need to be with the team during practice, on the road, in the dressing room at half time, in the work out room to see who are the leaders on the team.

With the access (or lack of) that fans have to the team, they have to rely on what other players say or the media (who typically get their insight from what the players say or observations from being closer to the team).  At the end of the day it is only the coaches and players who know who the true leaders are on the team.