McManus supposedly a Drew Willy supporter

Mr. Perfect

For me personally, I cant say I was hugely excited about Collaros.  But in the last day or two you hear that maybe O'Shea wasnt that high on him.  And you hear Danny Mac prefers Willy.  With that new information, it can change the minds of average fans who have heard Zach or Bust.

No offense, but I seem to recall a lot of people saying that Collaros in the Peg was automatic and now this fanbase makes it sound/seem as though Burris and Willy were the plan the whole time and suddenly it's a better situation. Sounds more like opinions changed because we couldn't take the cheerleader to the prom, so now acting as though taking the audio video geek was our first choice all along.

I don't think anyone said it was automatic.  People didn't think anyone else wanted or needed him.  We were wrong.  Big surprise.  Stop twisting what people are saying.

Also, I don't see anyone on here that thought Burris and Willy were the Bombers plan all along.  Most of us thought they wanted Collaros.  Some, like Mr. P said he wanted Willy and Burris, but most of us thought they were going to go after Collaros.

He's gone now...we're moving on.  What do you want us to do, continue to whine and ***** that we didn't get him and hold on to the past?  No, we've let it go and now we're looking at who we want second since someone else won out on Collaros.  Now we'd like to get Burris and Willy.  Hopefully we at least get Burris.  But you never know.

If plan A doesn't work, you modify your goals and hope for plan B.

I don't think anyone said it was automatic.  People didn't think anyone else wanted or needed him.  We were wrong.  Big surprise.  Stop twisting what people are saying.

Also, I don't see anyone on here that thought Burris and Willy were the Bombers plan all along.  Most of us thought they wanted Collaros.  Some, like Mr. P said he wanted Willy and Burris, but most of us thought they were going to go after Collaros.

He's gone now...we're moving on.  What do you want us to do, continue to whine and ***** that we didn't get him and hold on to the past?  No, we've let it go and now we're looking at who we want second since someone else won out on Collaros.  Now we'd like to get Burris and Willy.  Hopefully we at least get Burris.  But you never know.

If plan A doesn't work, you modify your goals and hope for plan B.

While no one came out and guaranteed it or anything, there were quite a few prominent members here that made it seem as though Winnipeg was Collaros' only option (look back at some of the December and early January post and threads). Not sure how I'm twisting what anyone saying, I'm just repeating how people were perceiving the situation.

Obviously we should move on, I wasn't expecting or saying we should do any differently, but IMO there's a difference between moving on and acting as though we're moving on by choice.

You're right "Plan A" (Collaros) didn't pan out, the team should be trying to acquire "Plan B" (Burris), if that doesn't happen then it's down to "Plan C" whomever that is and so on and so forth.

Why is people jump from player to player as if they become the Ben & Jerry's flavour of the day? You better hope that management has a more tempered plan with a solid contingency if things don't work out. The knee jerk reactionary. Impulse nature of fans better not migrate into the strategy of team management. Zac didn't work out and all of a sudden , he wasn't good enough or so and so didn't like him any way. Then it's Hank's turn and then it may become Willy's turn to be the favourite son....for a minute. Stop falling in love and getting your hard broken. It is time to see if it fact this team has a management plan and if they can follow through.

Collaros was a gamble right from the get go. Personally, Burris with Willy and Hall is a lot more appealing unless Burris' ego gets in the way and doesn't want to be the class act Kevin Glenn turned out to be in Cgy. Glenn came in as the prof to two rookies and left with the respect of most people in the CFL.

Got to be Burris+Willy+Hall. If Burris can't be 2014's Kevin Glenn, we try it with Willy and Hall.

Why is people jump from player to player as if they become the Ben & Jerry's flavour of the day? You better hope that management has a more tempered plan with a solid contingency if things don't work out. The knee jerk reactionary. Impulse nature of fans better not migrate into the strategy of team management. Zac didn't work out and all of a sudden , he wasn't good enough or so and so didn't like him any way. Then it's Hank's turn and then it may become Willy's turn to be the favourite son....for a minute. Stop falling in love and getting your hard broken. It is time to see if it fact this team has a management plan and if they can follow through.

Collaros was a gamble right from the get go. Personally, Burris with Willy and Hall is a lot more appealing unless Burris' ego gets in the way and doesn't want to be the class act Kevin Glenn turned out to be in Cgy. Glenn came in as the prof to two rookies and left with the respect of most people in the CFL.

Got to be Burris+Willy+Hall. If Burris can't be 2014's Kevin Glenn, we try it with Willy and Hall.

unless Burris' ego gets in the way and doesn't want to be the class act Kevin Glenn turned out to be in Cgy. 

Which should be a very real concern. Burris has said himself that he doesn't like to be challenged for his position. He's basically a player that you need to coddle and if you even think about questioning his position on the team he pouts. Not a good team mate or leader. Hell of an athlete but dumber than a stump and very needy. 

unless Burris' ego gets in the way and doesn't want to be the class act Kevin Glenn turned out to be in Cgy. 

Which should be a very real concern. Burris has said himself that he doesn't like to be challenged for his position. He's basically a player that you need to coddle and if you even think about questioning his position on the team he pouts. Not a good team mate or leader. Hell of an athlete but dumber than a stump and very needy. 

You really have no way of knowing whether what you are spouting is true or not! It may be how you feel about things, but that doesn't make any of it true!

You really have no way of knowing whether what you are spouting is true or not! It may be how you feel about things, but that doesn't make any of it true!

...There's actually a lot of history behind his statement. Burris has proven it in Calgary and in Hamilton, and we've seen it via quotes and things from coaches and teammates...

The more this plays out, the more I'm tempted to say to hell with it and pull the offer off the table if I was Walters and spend the money elsewhere.

This is all part part of the negotiation process. Patience.

I'm well aware how negotiations work, but being a rebuilding team, a 39 year old QB come training camp needs us a hell of a lot more than we need it. The money can better be used elsewhere.