How Long Before The Club Makes A Big Move

Brandon

was over 50k along the route and at City Hall for the presentation. big success. (have to say though that likely half of them were downtown worker types who just took their elevator down for their smoke-break... but nonetheless, it was great to see and it got lots of coverage on anything not owned by Rogers)

heh yeah and 49,500 of them were all thinking the same thing - who are these guys and why are they holding that silver thing over their heads? 

you made me do it...

image.jpeg

argos9.jpg?w=940&h=705

if you like... i can show you the parades from the other 4 Grey Cups we've won since your last one also...

Seriously?  You have pictures from other Grey Cups?  I guess I'd like to see the 1991 and 2004 pics, those were the only Grey Cup you guys have won in the last few decades where the league didn't hand you a franchise QB.  The 1991 and 2004 Cups were the two I didn't mind you guys winning - 1991 because of Dunigan and John Candy and 2004 because of the feel good of Damon Allen winning it, you don't often see a grandfather winning a Cup!

While it was only a pre season game and clearly our best players weren't on the field, this really doesn't look great from the outside looking in. Truth be told the only thing that's really concerning to me at this point is that this is the second time in less than 1 full calendar year that the Bombers have lost 52-0.

The Argos are the biggest charity case in professional sports... never have I seen a team receive so many handouts in the form of star players and straight-up cash.  I'd be embarrassed to be a fan of that team.

the only real consolation of being a fan of the Argos in Toronto is that you are basically anonymous.  Kind of like me being a fan of the Fremantle Dockers of the AFL here in Canada.

I'll wait for next week but man am I worried about when Buck goes down. None of the other QB's seem ready.

I know it looked like they aren't ready but how much can you pin on play calling, rook receivers and online? Goltz was 13/22 for 110 with 2 picks (could be receivers fault) meanwhile Durant was 14/23 with a pick and a TD and he was playing with starters. I think everything is skewed by not having starters.

Edit. Tate was also 9-21 with 107 yards and calvillo was 6-12 for 114 and a TD.

To think Goltz even moved the ball is outstanding!

Lulay was 2 for 5 for 13 yards last game.  I can't believe he's still on BC's roster.

Ricky Ray was 0/3, I guess the Argos should cut him

Now just hold on. Are you asking us to try to keep things in perspective? Nope. I reserve the right to whinge that ONLY IN WINNIPEG must we endure inferior performances.

Well, Elliott was 3 of 4 for 25 yards in the same game, so clearly he should be kept and Lulay cut.  Sounds like it's going to be a long year in BC.

Nick Moore looked like a very good receiver. Dropped that one pass though right in the hands, though. 

• 3 weeks later...

No, there is no reason for Buck to continue.

What I saw out of Buck tonight, could easily have been outdone by a 2nd string QB...sad to say.

I mean, really, would Goltz have done any worse?

if Goltz had thrown 4 ints and we'd lost by 20 would it have made any difference? Losses are losses. Pierce isn't doing anything to win games anymore, time to see if the next guy can.

The same 5000 who show up to their games.

In al lmy years watching the CFL, I've never seen a crowd(?) like that ever in Edmonton. That was like watching the old Alouettes just before they folded in 1982 & had crowds like that at the Big Owe. If that isn't the fanbase sending a message to the Eskimo front office I don't know what is. Thing is, these spoiled Eskimo fans should spend time in Winnipeg to know what real suffering is. Hervey gave Kavis Reed a new contract extension!! Wow. Clueless. He's as useless as a HC as he was when he was a defensive coordinator.

In al lmy years watching the CFL, I've never seen a crowd(?) like that ever in Edmonton. That was like watching the old Alouettes just before they folded in 1982 & had crowds like that at the Big Owe. If that isn't the fanbase sending a message to the Eskimo front office I don't know what is. Thing is, these spoiled Eskimo fans should spend time in Winnipeg to know what real suffering is. Hervey gave Kavisr Reed a new contract extension!! Wow. Clueless. He's as useless as a HC as he was when he was a defensive coordinator.

deadmonton is definitely in a nose dive right now.. hugh charles seems to be the only effective cog on offense and defense doesnt spook anyone... reed is a joke as a hc and hervey is just as bad as a gm...

long days ahead... at least they will draw some attention off our defunct offense..

In al lmy years watching the CFL, I've never seen a crowd(?) like that ever in Edmonton. That was like watching the old Alouettes just before they folded in 1982 & had crowds like that at the Big Owe. If that isn't the fanbase sending a message to the Eskimo front office I don't know what is. Thing is, these spoiled Eskimo fans should spend time in Winnipeg to know what real suffering is. Hervey gave Kavis Reed a new contract extension!! Wow. Clueless. He's as useless as a HC as he was when he was a defensive coordinator.

It was pouring rain, 18 C at game time, then down to 11 during the third quarter.  Commonwealth only has about 8 rows at the top of the bottom bowl with cover.  

I would not take yesterday's "fans in the seats" as any indication as to the health of the franchise.