BIg rumor concerning DC position

Mike

With a  3-4 we'll need active linebackers. Muamba would be a natural in one of the ILB positions.... Juwan Simpson is a FA & story in Calgary today is that his former DC Rick Campbell will try to sign him.... He'd look good here with Muamba as the 2 interior linebackers in a 3-4.

this guys will look good too here: Kyries Hebert (MTL), Damaso Munoz (EDM), Simone Lawrence (HAM)...

I'm also interested in  Marc-Olivier Brouillette and/or   Marc Calixte, we can do a 3 NI rotation in the ILB if we get one of those guys

Calixte retired after the 2012 season. And he was strictly a ST player. Never played a regular lb spot for the Stamps.

ooh.... wrong name, I;m thinking of a different guy.... McCartney, Karl

back to the topic... i wouldn't be surprised that announcement will be made on Mon for Bombers DC and OC

As long as Stubler isn't as stubborn as Greg Marshall was with his bend without breaking defense then we should be fine.  

BC's issues this year were more then the DC being out of touch.....   if anyone should shoulder the blame it should be the HC for not using the running game while putting a rookie and Buck Pierce in at qb.

Hope this hire becomes reality and we finally get back to a hard nosed defence that punishes the crap out you for short **** over the middle. I expect half the current D starters won't be back as they are not capable of playing Stubler/O'Shea style football.

you think half the defense can't play? Care to start listing them? Cause I think you're going to come up with less than half the names on D. 

Hope this hire becomes reality and we finally get back to a hard nosed defence that punishes the crap out you for short **** over the middle. I expect half the current D starters won't be back as they are not capable of playing Stubler/O'Shea style football.

"punishing you for short **** over the middle" doesn't sound like the hallmark of a Stubler D to me.

like i said, our great Stubler Ds that we had (and they were perhaps the best i've ever seen. ever) were the sort that were in the middle of the league for yardage allowed but first  (by a fair margin) in points against... also were able to count on a defensive TD every other game. it was sick how much our weak offence could skate by because our D and ST would always chip in a bonus TD for them.

the forums back then were funny because some teams' fans wanted to keep our offence on the field when they were ahead against us... because our offence was less likely to score a TD than our D was.

"punishing you for short **** over the middle" doesn't sound like the hallmark of a Stubler D to me.

like i said, our great Stubler Ds that we had (and they were perhaps the best i've ever seen. ever) were the sort that were in the middle of the league for yardage allowed but first  (by a fair margin) in points against... also were able to count on a defensive TD every other game. it was sick how much our weak offence could skate by because our D and ST would always chip in a bonus TD for them.

the forums back then were funny because some teams' fans wanted to keep our offence on the field when they were ahead against us... because our offence was less likely to score a TD than our D was.

I have to agree with you on this.  A Stubler D will focus on preventing big plays and passes in the 15 - 20 yard range.  His basic assumption is that teams will rarely score more than a field goal by nickel and diming their way down the field.

However, I do think some starters will have to play better or be replaced...can't see Cauchy Muamba doing well in a Stubler D, based on the way he played last year.  The secondary will need to be better, but I don't understand the nuances well enough to know how much of that falls on the safety. 

You can start with the dline, they will want a nose tackle, so there goes two right there, at least one LB, a safety, and two DB's the half backs will have to be LB size punishing hitters, there's 6 without even trying.

I'd see one DT being replaced not 2... I think our LBs are fine and the dbs depending on whether last year was just a down year for some of a sign of games falling off a cliff can play it fine too. 

Regardless of who's D, mainor, dunn, cauchy, bstew (!), JJ. - all of them could be gone... Add a replacement for hall and that's half of your D.

What was wrong with Dunn? For a rookie he seemed to play pretty well. Stewart is a guy that I wouldn't write off yet either, I'd say he gets a chance to rebound cause he is that guy with good size that everyone around here seems to be screaming to find. Mainor I wouldn't call a starter either, he's a depth guy and has been for pretty much his whole career here.