Mike O'Shea...

gbill2004

hey Mike, any updates on the HC search ?

We are currently looking for one.

:wacko: i always thought you're a good guy, i'm wrong.

lol I'm just bugging you. I'm not really all that well connected within the club anymore. Pretty much everyone I used to get my information from has moved on. You know as much as I do about our coaching search.

hey Mike, any updates on the HC search ?

We are currently looking for one.

:wacko: i always thought you're a good guy, i'm wrong.

lol I'm just bugging you. I'm not really all that well connected within the club anymore. Pretty much everyone I used to get my information from has moved on. You know as much as I do about our coaching search.

He's lying...you can tell just by looking at him.  His nose gets red and he starts wearing party hats.

these are the current pool for OC and DC , assuming we end up with O'Shea as HC

OC options:

Khari Jones - leading candidate in 'Peg but recently said to not leaving SSK if its not for HC job

George Cortez - happy with SSK but name is linked to BC opening

Jacque Chapdelaine - linked to SFU HC job

Paul LaPolice -  running for OTT HC but linked to BC opening also

Marcel Bellefuille - running for OTT HC

Doug Berry - linked to EDM? will he comes back to 'Peg?

Bob Dyce - will he comes back to 'Peg?

Rick Worman - rumored to be hired as 'Peg scout, will he go back to OC job?

Doug Sams - name not linked anywhere atm

-- no OC xp --

Marcus Brady - linked to EDM opening?

Jason Maas - is he ready to be an OC?

Anthony Calvillo - someone might suggest him but i think he's too early for the OC job

DC options:

Tim Burke - leading candidate in TO

Kavis Reed - name not being linked anywhere atm, has connection with O'Shea

Greg Marshall - name not being linked anywhere atm

Mark Nelson - name not being linked anywhere atm

Rich Stubler - has connection with O'shea but will he leave BC?

Orlondo Steinauer - has connection with O'Shea but will he leave HAM?

Rich Campbell - said to be not leaving CGY

Noel Thorpe - will he leave MTL?

Richie Hall - will he leave SSK?

Jeff Reinebold - will 'Peg fans be happy with him?

Casey Creehan - ugh

- no DC xp -

not sure who goes here

Brady has been/is an OC with Toronto and Montreal. can't see him leaving Milo yet though.

Penton & Bob Irving reporting O'Shea still favourite to be Bombers next head coach. I think he'd be perfect for the job. Glad Walters is pushing back on Khari. Hope Miller lets his GM do his job.

This is complete and total speculation that it's Walters/O'Shea vs. Miller/Khari....ridiculous that we're treating it as fact.

Well I'm glad you said it. Bugs me to no end that people are willing to treat this crap as fact. Isn't it funny how when it became apparent that Walters was the GM the rumours switched from Khari for HC to O'Shea for HC? Sounds to me like a lot of speculation prior to a GM being in place and once a GM was in place his choice is the front runner, is that not how it's supposed to be? But nooooooooo you all gotta be typical Bomber fans and run around like ******* talking about a conspiracy. 

So are you going to also say the search for GM was thorough and transparent process or that maybe, just maybe it was a one-horse race since Miller got the chair?

Penton & Bob Irving reporting O'Shea still favourite to be Bombers next head coach. I think he'd be perfect for the job. Glad Walters is pushing back on Khari. Hope Miller lets his GM do his job.

This is complete and total speculation that it's Walters/O'Shea vs. Miller/Khari....ridiculous that we're treating it as fact.

Well I'm glad you said it. Bugs me to no end that people are willing to treat this crap as fact. Isn't it funny how when it became apparent that Walters was the GM the rumours switched from Khari for HC to O'Shea for HC? Sounds to me like a lot of speculation prior to a GM being in place and once a GM was in place his choice is the front runner, is that not how it's supposed to be? But nooooooooo you all gotta be typical Bomber fans and run around like ******* talking about a conspiracy. 

So are you going to also say the search for GM was thorough and transparent process or that maybe, just maybe it was a one-horse race since Miller got the chair?

The only thing any of us can say, is that we have no clue what was or wasn't done. Maybe Miller talked to a dozen people, and was really discreet and the media didn't know. There is no way any of us has a clue what was or wasn't done.

and that has what to do with this silly idea that miller and walters are butting heads on a head coach? Miller is the CEO he can hire whoever he wants as a GM

and that has what to do with this silly idea that miller and walters are butting heads on a head coach? Miller is the CEO he can hire whoever he wants as a GM

The point is, maybe Miller hired -- and likely, only interviewed -- the guy he knew he could tell what to do. 

I'm not buying that there's this big push back from Walters either. Frankly, I think Walters will do whatever the hell Wade tells him to do. 

The point is, maybe Miller hired -- and likely, only interviewed -- the guy he knew he could tell what to do. 

I'm not buying that there's this big push back from Walters either. Frankly, I think Walters will do whatever the hell Wade tells him to do. 

OK, so Miller hired a puppet, or he and Walters are butting heads. It can't be both.

OK, so Miller hired a puppet, or he and Walters are butting heads. It can't be both.

Sock Puppet FTW. 

Because....?

Because a year ago, Walters was a lousy ST coach...........today he is GM of the football club. 

Miller is taking a huge chance hiring him to GM. It could ruin Miller's name in the football community. 

If Miller just wanted to focus on the off-field stuff and not be involved in field ops, wouldn't he want someone in the GM chair that was more experienced?

Which leads me to think he wouldn't hire Walters if he couldn't exert considerable control over him and the day to day decisions. 

Bottom line, unless Walters is the Doogie Howser MD of the CFL, he owes Miller huge for this. Walters would be lucky to AGM anywhere else. 

But hey, if we win, I won't complain. 

Because....?

Because a year ago, Walters was a lousy ST coach...........today he is GM of the football club. 

Miller is taking a huge chance hiring him to GM. It could ruin Miller's name in the football community. 

If Miller just wanted to focus on the off-field stuff and not be involved in field ops, wouldn't he want someone in the GM chair that was more experienced?

Which leads me to think he wouldn't hire Walters if he couldn't exert considerable control over him and the day to day decisions. 

Bottom line, unless Walters is the Doogie Howser MD of the CFL, he owes Miller huge for this. Walters would be lucky to AGM anywhere else. 

But hey, if we win, I won't complain. 

The flaw in the logic is that Walters was already AGM here under a previous regime.  I get what you're saying, and I think the optics of this hire are pretty darn bad myself, but I do not subscribe to the theory Walters is just some schmuck.  

After watching the bits of the press conference on the bomber website I really do think that the reason Miller went with Walters is because he liked what he did this year when he got the job on a temporary basis. There is obviously a reason that Walters went from ST coach to draft guy to AGM as quick as he did. There has to be something there that people see in him that lead them to believe that he can do the job. Yeah he's a rookie and got no experience, but that doesn't mean he's bad at the job, it remains to be seen how good he is.