Arash Madani: Miller Trying to Force Rick Worman On Walters

Noeller

Such a gong show. 

Yup and I pretty much figured it would be, always had this feeling hat Miller was never going to do a real search, just bring in "his people".

Predicting Burke and Walters back next season and 4 more years of crap.

the jumping to conclusions in this thread and outrage that ensued is freaking hilarious..

this boards collective insanity has been on the rise as of late..

Well glad you're finding it funny.

It's not like this franchise has been an absolute gong show since 2009 or anything.

i find it hilarious actually. you mad bro?

this team has gone thru some struggles, no doubt. they keep trying to resolve it which is fine by me. its not like lapo or kelly or daley are still here.. ditto dinwiddie, lefors, randle or michna..

change is good, when the club sees failure they act on it.. I really dont know what else you want to see happen. I get you think there is some grand conspiracy at play with ex bombers players and coaches getting special consideration but its not like the coaches and gms are not without solid backrounds.. walters, if kept as gm, would be the first one without a glowing resume..

but then again, thats a new change isnt it?

Spuds is right (...Dear God...) ....We have nothing to freak out about other than rumour and innuendo. Just settle down till we know some facts, likely in the new year.

... aren't you one of the people who usually overreacts more than anyone?

the jumping to conclusions in this thread and outrage that ensued is freaking hilarious..

It's not like this franchise has been an absolute gong show since 2009 or anything.

this team has gone thru some struggles, no doubt. they keep trying to resolve it which is fine by me. its not like lapo or kelly or daley are still here.. ditto dinwiddie, lefors, randle or michna..

change is good, when the club sees failure they act on it.. I really dont know what else you want to see happen. I get you think there is some grand conspiracy at play with ex bombers players and coaches getting special consideration but its not like the coaches and gms are not without solid backrounds.. walters, if kept as gm, would be the first one without a glowing resume..

Dude, you just made my point without even realizing it. 

Daley, Kelly, Mack, Lapo, Burke, the QB carousel -- they constantly make knee-jerk reactions and changes because there is never a viable plan in place....

...because there is never a qualified football man or men making decisions. 

So you can laugh and go "oh well, I trust the board to make the right decisions" or you can look the last 5 years objectively ....

Daley, Kelly, Mack, Lapo, Burke, the QB carousel -- they constantly make knee-jerk reactions and changes because there is never a viable plan in place....

So you can laugh and go "oh well, I trust the board to make the right decisions" or you can look the last 5 years objectively ....

you act like we are the only franchise to go thru lean years.. its simply not the end of the world man. we have been gone thru crappy times in the past and sorted it out.. sorry i have more patience then you.. the search for the guy or guys who bring us.back to the promised land will continue and pan out eventually.. you act like people are sitting on their asses not attempting anything to resolve it when its simply not the case..

Meh...Madani may or may not be right.  Anytime he reports something I'm usually skeptical and so I'll remain skeptical here too.  We are going to hear a **** ton of rumours over the next month or so as every possible reporter will want to get his/her name on a Bomber report to stir things up.

you act like we are the only franchise to go thru lean years.. its simply not the end of the world man. we have been gone thru crappy times in the past and sorted it out.. sorry i have more patience then you.. the search for the guy or guys who bring us.back to the promised land will continue and pan out eventually.. you act like people are sitting on their asses not attempting anything to resolve it when its simply not the case..

No not the end of the world. Just 23 years. And counting. In an 8 team league. 

You are wrong --- I have no doubt that the board (and Miller) are working hard and trying to figure this out. 

I just have zero faith in their competency. 

Spuds is right (...Dear God...) ....We have nothing to freak out about other than rumour and innuendo. Just settle down till we know some facts, likely in the new year.

... aren't you one of the people who usually overreacts more than anyone?

...since when?

The experience card or lack of is a real overreaction.   Wally Buono, John Hufnagel, Jim Popp and many other successful GM's all at one time started as fresh faced GM's.   And look at them now.

So I could care less if our next GM has never been a GM before.  I just want to make sure that he has the inherent skills and connections required to be a GM.   Honestly, I can't think of a GM that's available right now that I'd want to lead this team out of this mess. 

So I'm going to put my trust in Miller to choose the right person for the job.   Miller is extremely competitive and wants to succeed in everything he does.  So I assume that he wouldn't make a personnel decision based just on friendship and not on merit. 

Worman could be good - I guess if Walters is resisting it probably means we want him as OC?  I'm kind of 50/50 on this... part of me feels like Worman is the offensive version of Greg Marshall...

If we're bringing him in as a QB coach/scout - i'm all for it.

I doubt Dave Dickenson is going anywhere, due to being the Heir apparent in Calgary, his wife, and I'm sure his brother has told him what a circus this place is. Wiecek seems to think that Chris Jones is the other name Miller may be looking at.