Sad Fact

**** you Tim Burke. 

Nah, Burke can't wear it all. Some, but not all.

More like f-- you Burke, f-- you Joe Mack, f-- you Casey Creehan, and especially f-- you BOD for hiring Burke and Botch Co.

Hell, while I'm at it  f-- you Lyle Bauer for starting this implosion by hiring your clown shoe of a friend 5 years ago.

Go Offseason Go!

Your post, in general, is accurate, as Burke certainly doesn't take all the blame....but the bolded part might be the MOST accurate thing of all...

**** you Tim Burke. 

Nah, Burke can't wear it all. Some, but not all.

Tim Burkes record as a head coach is 6-12, his teams have scored 479 points and given up 746 points.  in those 24 games they have scored over 30 points (arbitrary number) 3 times, they have given up over 30 points 13 times. Going with some other arbitrary numbers they have lost by 20 points or more 7 times, that's nearly  30% of the games Tim Burkes teams go into they get blown away! He in no way has his teams prepared to play and the results bear that out. Yeah I'll stand by the **** Tim Burke. Lapo at least kept games close. 

Just to compare Lapos team (playoffs included, no preseason for either) Lapo was 16-30 so wins and losses are close, .5 for burke .533 for Lapo but here's where the differences really kick in, in those 46 games Lapos Bombers scored 1113 points and gave up 1198 points. They had 12 games where they allowed more than 30 points but had 14 where they scored more than 30 points. Games where they lost by more than 20? 3. They had 2 wins by more than 20, compared to Burkes 1.

yeah, **** Tim Burke.

Mike Kelly would have got another year if he hadn't had the domestic dispute with his gf.

The more I listen to Kyle Walters the more I like him. That might be unpopular but I think there's a good chance that he rises to the top following the GM search.

Were I a betting man, I would say December will see Miller removing the "interim" badge off of Walters -- "After tirelessly scouring the globe in search of the next great Bomber GM, we realized we had the best candidate in Walters right under our noses all along."

I think the Walters and Ken Moll combo will work out quite fine. With his willingness to go out and make deals I think it looks good that he will be able to pry out one of the qualities QBs from around the league.

I admire your faith. 

Couldn't agree with you any less -- and strongly recommend you switch to bottled water -- but admire it all the same. 

I was telling people at work today the same thing. This is the first time since I started following the Bombers closely that I felt...nothing...while watching a game. I was so detached, I might as well have been watching baseball. I took the dog for a walk in the third quarter. I have done it before, but out of disgust or anger. This time? I literally even forgot the game was even still on.

My wife always knows to stay away from me for days after a Bomber loss, but this week she knew she was safe. When I don't even care enough to be angry/disappointed, you know it is bad.

Mike Kelly would have got another year if he hadn't had the domestic dispute with his gf.

The more I listen to Kyle Walters the more I like him. That might be unpopular but I think there's a good chance that he rises to the top following the GM search.

Were I a betting man, I would say December will see Miller removing the "interim" badge off of Walters -- "After tirelessly scouring the globe in search of the next great Bomber GM, we realized we had the best candidate in Walters right under our noses all along."

I'm a becoming a little cynical regarding the intermediate tag on Miller's and Walter's current positions.  If they appear to do no more than an adequate job over the last half of the season that may very well be good enough for the board to remove those interim tags and give them those positions with fresh 3-4 year contracts.  The exhaustive search for a CEO and GM will be some half-hearted effort with the conclusion already known.

I also am beginning to wonder if Burke might be back as head coach next year.  He talks about new coaching positions being added to the team (QB coach finally!) and revamping the scouting department like he is going to be back next year.  Maybe Miller has assured him he is safe for at least another season?  

I'm not part of the "I love Walters" fan club.  I'm not saying he's bad, I just don't think he's ready no matter how hard he tries.  And if they keep Tim Burke next season, they can say goodbye to this fan having any passion for our team for the whole season, because I just can't see him getting any better.  The calls he's made all season long on the field have given me so many WTF moments, that's it beyond ridiculous.  I'd even rather have Reinbold here then Burke.  Reinbold might have sucked as a coach, but at least he had the passion for winning and never gave up.  I don't care how much lip service Burke gives upper management, if they hire him again next year will be a disaster.

If they decide to keep him on and he miraculously turns this into a winning team, I'll eat so much crow my ass will explode.  But I just can't see it happening.  The guy would just much rather try not to lose then win.  And we need a coach that has the heart of a winner.  One who does his best and inspires his team.  Not someone who looks like he's a deer in the headlights on the sidelines while watching his team die a slow death.  And for sure not someone who blames all of his players for losing this whole season.  After all, he was only dealt a bad hand by Mack...so what ever is a little coach to do when all he has whole bunch of suck to work with?   :rolleyes: (emoticon for those who don't realize the last sentence was sarcasm)

It's foolish to assume Walters isn't up to the task just because he's "young". It's entirely possible he is the best man for the job.

Very interesting comments from Burke today. He said they will be hiring an assistant GM and Director of Player Personnel and several more scouts. For an organization that doesn't have a permanent CEO and GM, the current management sure seem to think they are calling the shots next season, including Burke.

im truly stunned that the concept of not caring, not watching, not paying attention are even being discussed, let alone acted upon.

its the bombers for christ sakes, the reason for this forum.. shitty, embarrassing or horrendous to bare thru, its our football team we claim to be fans of and love so much..

im truly stunned that the concept of not caring, not watching, not paying attention are even being discussed, let alone acted upon.

its the bombers for christ sakes, the reason for this forum.. shitty, embarrassing or horrendous to bare thru, its our football team we claim to be fans of and love so much..

Don't put any of that blame on the apathetic fans. If people on a forum like Morning Big Blue are apathetic towards this team, that falls completely on the Bombers.

If, God forbid, Tim Burke is back as head coach next season, I know I'm not alone as a diehard fan and season ticket holder in saying I'm completely done with this team. I'll watch the CFL, because I love the game of Canadian football, but I won't be cheering on this insanity. That itself would be insane!

It's foolish to assume Walters isn't up to the task just because he's "young". It's entirely possible he is the best man for the job.

Very interesting comments from Burke today. He said they will be hiring an assistant GM and Director of Player Personnel and several more scouts. For an organization that doesn't have a permanent CEO and GM, the current management sure seem to think they are calling the shots next season, including Burke.

Burke is an idiot! All he is doing is listening to comments about the future from Miller and Walters and spitting them out like he always does. Walters talked a long time ago about the need to revamp the scouting. Anyone really think Burke could come up with an idea like that on his own? This is coming from a guy who said he knows nothing about offence.

The fact that you say we "claim" to be fans implies that some of us are not meeting what your definition of a "fan" would be, which annoys me.

Just because I'm not willing to let the Bombers run their team like garbage and be accepting of it does not make me any less of a fan.

Don't put any of that blame on the apathetic fans. If people on a forum like Morning Big Blue are apathetic towards this team, that falls completely on the Bombers.

If, God forbid, Tim Burke is back as head coach next season, I know I'm not alone as a diehard fan and season ticket holder in saying I'm completely done with this team. I'll watch the CFL, because I love the game of Canadian football, but I won't be cheering on this insanity. That itself would be insane!

I wouldn't go that far, but I do agree with your first sentence.

It's not a choice and it's not something any of us are happy with but the product that the Bombers are putting on the field is so bad we don't even expect them to be competitive let alone win. If the Bombers don't make changes in the offseason to the head coaching position nothing is going to change. Burke is a crappy head coach who inspires no confidence all that will happen is the Bombers will go through another season of bad losses and fans will not care. You have to be some kind of bad to make the absolute die hards who never miss a game stop caring and that's what Tim Burke is managing to pull off.