Sad Fact

It's foolish to assume Walters isn't up to the task just because he's "young". It's entirely possible he is the best man for the job.

Very interesting comments from Burke today. He said they will be hiring an assistant GM and Director of Player Personnel and several more scouts. For an organization that doesn't have a permanent CEO and GM, the current management sure seem to think they are calling the shots next season, including Burke.

I hope that isn't Burke implying he expects to come back next season.

I would seriously consider canceling my season tickets.

im truly stunned that the concept of not caring, not watching, not paying attention are even being discussed, let alone acted upon.

its the bombers for christ sakes, the reason for this forum.. shitty, embarrassing or horrendous to bare thru, its our football team we claim to be fans of and love so much..

I think it's a matter of "I care too much", so I just can't watch the games anymore.  It would be like watching your faithful dog get kicked and beaten by hooligans while you are tied down and helpless - it would hurt to watch that for sure, and that's how I feel watching the Bombers this year.  There's nothing I can do to stop the beatings, so I'd rather just not watch at all.

They say that the opposite of love isn't hate, but indifference.

This is what I'm seeing on this board and I feel it too.  I don't even get mad after a Bomber loss anymore, it is now expected and gets a simple shrug of the shoulders.   Missed last weekend's game because of a family thing, didn't even care.  Didn't even bother taping the game to watch later, what is the point.....   Missing the last game of the year as well, going to watch the Jets instead.   I shutter to think what the in house attendance will be for that game.

I hope the Bombers are paying attention to this, because this apathy is the absolute worst thing that can happen for the franchise.  You can ***** and complain about people not being "true fans" all you want, but it is just people being honest with how they feel.  And you can't fault them for that.

I never understood fans who say they would boycott games to "teach" the club a lesson.  At least in those instances people still cared and showed passion.  What I'm seeing here is worse.  People don't want to teach the club a lesson, they just don't care anymore.

I don't think all is lost.  The fan base here is a pool of gasoline waiting for a spark to set them off.   They need to provide that spark before the gasoline dissipates away.  They need to show they are making changes in the off season.  They need to clean house, including Burke,   If they bring him back and there is more of the same next year, this club is DOA.   

Realistically, I'd be happy with 6 - 8 wins next year as long as the club is competitive in the games they play.  If these blowouts continue where you know by the end of the 2nd quarter that the team has absolutely no chance of winning, there won't be a revolt.  People will walk away, and it will take a long time to get those non-hardcore fans back.

Picked a bad year to open a new Bomber site.....

I was telling people at work today the same thing. This is the first time since I started following the Bombers closely that I felt...nothing...while watching a game. I was so detached, I might as well have been watching baseball. I took the dog for a walk in the third quarter. I have done it before, but out of disgust or anger. This time? I literally even forgot the game was even still on.

My wife always knows to stay away from me for days after a Bomber loss, but this week she knew she was safe. When I don't even care enough to be angry/disappointed, you know it is bad.

Exactly my predicament. We were over at friends and the game was on, but it was just background noise. I can't remember the last time I've done that. I am stoked about the off season. Plenty to do, lots of decisions, no where but up, right?  

Ah. Wasn't sure if Kelly was done.

*sarcasm on*

But still 2 head coaches, we should be 18 and 0 every year with that much noodle talent.

*sarcasm off*

You do make a good point.  I just end up shouting at the TV "why didn't you do that when you were our coach" during the first segment of half time when Randorf comes on with Lapo, and Lapo gushes over the "creative play-calling" of whatever team is winning. 

Ah. Wasn't sure if Kelly was done.

*sarcasm on*

But still 2 head coaches, we should be 18 and 0 every year with that much noodle talent.

*sarcasm off*

You do make a good point.  I just end up shouting at the TV "why didn't you do that when you were our coach" during the first segment of half time when Randorf comes on with Lapo, and Lapo gushes over the "creative play-calling" of whatever team is winning. 

Because the pressure isn't there for him and he knows he has no accountability or control tied to this  'creativeness'. It's like how some people are brave behind keyboards but once the keyboard is gone and the light shines on them, they either play neutral, wilt or just simply disappear.

Looks like everyone finally agrees on what Joe Mack's legacy will be.

I actually still pin this on lapo and Burke more so then Mack.

It all goes back to poor offense and sticking with buck for two seasons to many.

A huge part of the problem was Lapo and his vanilla offense and the two seasons of patchwork of then trying to repair it.

It all goes back to poor offense and sticking with buck for two seasons to many.

A huge part of the problem was Lapo and his vanilla offense and the two seasons of patchwork of then trying to repair it.

The GM is the architect. And Mack is the one who designed this mess. As bad as Burke is, Bud Grant couldn't have won with this group.

im truly stunned that the concept of not caring, not watching, not paying attention are even being discussed, let alone acted upon.

its the bombers for christ sakes, the reason for this forum.. shitty, embarrassing or horrendous to bare thru, its our football team we claim to be fans of and love so much..

Don't put any of that blame on the apathetic fans. If people on a forum like Morning Big Blue are apathetic towards this team, that falls completely on the Bombers.

If, God forbid, Tim Burke is back as head coach next season, I know I'm not alone as a diehard fan and season ticket holder in saying I'm completely done with this team. I'll watch the CFL, because I love the game of Canadian football, but I won't be cheering on this insanity. That itself would be insane!

im not saying the fans are to blame for the teams struggles.. that would be stupid. im saying that for a fan site, there is a metric **** ton of detractors..

The fact that you say we "claim" to be fans implies that some of us are not meeting what your definition of a "fan" would be, which annoys me.

Just because I'm not willing to let the Bombers run their team like garbage and be accepting of it does not make me any less of a fan.

ok, lemme change the wording to devoted fan... better? thick and thin. i dont get how you guys can just walk away or turn it off..

Don't put any of that blame on the apathetic fans. If people on a forum like Morning Big Blue are apathetic towards this team, that falls completely on the Bombers.

If, God forbid, Tim Burke is back as head coach next season, I know I'm not alone as a diehard fan and season ticket holder in saying I'm completely done with this team. I'll watch the CFL, because I love the game of Canadian football, but I won't be cheering on this insanity. That itself would be insane!

im not saying the fans are to blame for the teams struggles.. that would be stupid. im saying that for a fan site, there is a metric **** ton of detractors..

I know a lot of people don't like or agree with my opinions but I have never been apathetic. I've loved this team since 1965 & been thru more than a few losing seasons since. I may give up on the players playing  & the coaches coaching on this team but I'll never give up on the team. Never. Players & coaches can be replaced but the team can't.

The GM is the architect. And Mack is the one who designed this mess. As bad as Burke is, Bud Grant couldn't have won with this group.

Lapo won with this group for a while, Bud Grant obviously could. Macks biggest failing was not finding the right man at head coach. Good coaches make everything look better. Hell look no further than Brendan Tamans time here, good coaches and the team did well bad coaches and it looked terrible. 

The fact that you say we "claim" to be fans implies that some of us are not meeting what your definition of a "fan" would be, which annoys me.

Just because I'm not willing to let the Bombers run their team like garbage and be accepting of it does not make me any less of a fan.

ok, lemme change the wording to devoted fan... better? thick and thin. i dont get how you guys can just walk away or turn it off..

It is cute how you think apathy is something one chooses.

It is cute how you think apathy is something one chooses.

its weird you think it isnt. This season has pretty much made me sick to my stomach at times and ive never once considered not going whenever i can, watching or taping when I cant or listening on the radio.. I chose to not be apathetic to my team... you telling me you and others are incapable of doing so?