Sad Fact

I'm not going to point fingers at fans who say they are apathetic. That is their right. As a fan, everyone handles losing differently. It's a grieving process & what are there, four stages of grief? I know the last one is acceptance & the way people handle that is different for everybody. When the team shows signs of life, I know that the fans will return. I can understand how people are so turned off they don't care. Maybe I'm a glutton for punishment, I don't know. But for me I'm pissed off but I haven't given up. I never did in the past & I know I won't now. I still care if the team wins or loses. Like I said, to each his own. The Bombers will have to win back tens of thousands of disgruntled fans. The first & easiest way is to clean house in management, scouting & coaching. Keep Walters as the AGM but can everybody else.

im truly stunned that the concept of not caring, not watching, not paying attention are even being discussed, let alone acted upon.

its the bombers for christ sakes, the reason for this forum.. shitty, embarrassing or horrendous to bare thru, its our football team we claim to be fans of and love so much..

The fact that you say we "claim" to be fans implies that some of us are not meeting what your definition of a "fan" would be, which annoys me.

Just because I'm not willing to let the Bombers run their team like garbage and be accepting of it does not make me any less of a fan.

ok, lemme change the wording to devoted fan... better? thick and thin. i dont get how you guys can just walk away or turn it off..

It is cute how you think apathy is something one chooses.

its weird you think it isnt. This season has pretty much made me sick to my stomach at times and ive never once considered not going whenever i can, watching or taping when I cant or listening on the radio.. I chose to not be apathetic to my team... you telling me you and others are incapable of doing so?

It's not the losing. It's how they're losing, how things are continuing to be run, and how there's no certainty that things are even going to change come the off-season (yet alone before then).

All I can think of these days during Bomber games is what better things I could be spending those 3 hours on. And I'm a guy who my Bomber fan friends would consider the "hopeful" or "optimistic" one. But there comes a point where life is worth more than just spending 3 hours watching a sh*tshow with no accountability to the hard-earned money from the largest season ticket base this franchise has ever seen. It's sad, and that sadness leads to apathy.

Last Saturday I went out for dinner with my girlfriend and then watched some world-class improv. I listened to a few minutes of the game while I was in my car in between destinations, and that was enough. Frankly, I think I had a much better evening than any Bomber fan watching or listening to that football game. If that makes me less of a fan -- even though everyone I'm friends with knows I bleed Blue and Gold, I was first in line for the first round of license plates, I have been a season ticket holder for several years, and I proudly hang a 1984 team poster on the back of my bedroom door that I actually remember getting autographed by Chris Walby (which, at 2 years old, is one of my earliest memories as a human being), then so be it. I guess I'm not a devoted Bomber fan.

Unfortunately with as much apathy that I feel I still tune in every game. It would be nice to witness the turning point where the team actually starts performing. In the mean time, I'll watch, get frustrated and mad, but I'll still watch to the bitter end. I always have and always will. Something in the DNA coming from the province I think! I could become a Stamps fan since I live in the city and certainly have nore to cheer for, but the DNA won't let that happen.

Since week four the Bombers have lost by an average of 17 points a game.  For the whole season I believe it is 14 points per lose on average.

It feels like the Bombers are generally out of the game by the end of the first quarter.

I think apathy is understandable at this point.

The car might have been a clunker but it still ran with Lapo driving. The day he was fired, the wheels fell off completely.

I totally disagree

The team was very bad and only our rock solid defense kept us competitive.

The moment Burke left the defense to be hc and also the moment Harris passed away the teams defense took a massive nose dive.

Forget not our offense has sucked since Jules was traded and buck became really glass Joe from punch out.

Lapo sucked big time.

The car might have been a clunker but it still ran with Lapo driving. The day he was fired, the wheels fell off completely.

I totally disagree

The team was very bad and only our rock solid defense kept us competitive.

The moment Burke left the defense to be hc and also the moment Harris passed away the teams defense took a massive nose dive.

Forget not our offense has sucked since Jules was traded and buck became really glass Joe from punch out.

Lapo sucked big time.

Key word bolded. Lapo wasn't a great coach, I don't think he was even a good coach truthfully but he kept that team competitive, with Burke in charge the team rolls over and dies each week. 

Saturday was the first game in a long time where I found out the score by checking my phone.

I'll usually watch ANY Bomber game ... couldn't be bothered on Saturday.

Same here... I didn't even bother checking it on my phone until it was already over... found out the final from the news after.

I see I'm not the only one that has reached total apathy. Can't be bothered this year... following NFL more closely because of a couple fantasy pools and now NHL is back.

I didn't even know that they played in Montreal on Monday until I actually went to the CFL site.

It won't take much to get me back... I love my Bombers, but it feels like the team has given up on the year, and so have I.

Bomber fans want something to cheer about... we'll be back in droves when the time comes.

17 my point was that it was Burke's defense that kept us competitive.

Lapolices offense was terrible, almost as bad as it is today. Do we not remember how great our defense was and how they kept us in the game while Buck and Brink sputtered...

but the offense was never THIS bad. How come Burke can't get his defense playing up to that level again? Is that not part of a head coaches job? Getting coordinators in here who can get the most out of their respective areas of the team? That's why Lapo was fired after all. Burke hasn't put anything good on the field.

Lapolices offense was terrible, almost as bad as it is today. Do we not remember how great our defense was and how they kept us in the game while Buck and Brink sputtered...

but the offense was never THIS bad. How come Burke can't get his defense playing up to that level again? Is that not part of a head coaches job? Getting coordinators in here who can get the most out of their respective areas of the team? That's why Lapo was fired after all. Mack hasn't put anything good on the field.

It's well known that Creehan was Burke's buddy from their days going back to Calgary. Burke hired a friend. Not the best person available which is The Bomber Way. A defensive coordinator who was lousy last year in Hamilton. I remember how happy people here were when Burke hired him.

but the offense was never THIS bad. How come Burke can't get his defense playing up to that level again? Is that not part of a head coaches job? Getting coordinators in here who can get the most out of their respective areas of the team? That's why Lapo was fired after all. Mack hasn't put anything good on the field.

It's well known that Creehan was Burke's buddy from their days going back to Calgary. Burke hired a friend. Not the best person available which is The Bomber Way. A defensive coordinator who was lousy last year in Hamilton. I remember how happy people here were when Burke hired him.

Yeah, but Creehan has so much "fire." Who cares about how well his squads performed. He's fiery! That's what really matters. 

Yeah, but Creehan has so much "fire." Who cares about how well his squads performed. He's fiery! That's what really matters. 

He's a nutcase on the sidelines. Seeing him looking defeated says it all. The jig's up.

Jyles had 19tds his first year and we had about 26 in the air that year, that's 3 times better than this year. Not even close Brandon.

The year after jyles we sucked bad. I'm not saying in comparison To this season.

The offense sputtered badly the year after Jyles left.

Remember we started off hot winning lots of close games where our defense with Willis absolutely dominated. Then after labor day the defense got worn out and we lost many games and barely made it through the playoffs to the cup.

Jyles had 19tds his first year and we had about 26 in the air that year, that's 3 times better than this year. Not even close Brandon.

The year after jyles we sucked bad. I'm not saying in comparison To this season.

The offense sputtered badly the year after Jyles left.

Remember we started off hot winning lots of close games where our defense with Willis absolutely dominated. Then after labor day the defense got worn out and we lost many games and barely made it through the playoffs to the cup.

I feel that Buck was really overrated in 2011, at least he was decent unlike the last two years but even in 2011 was just average.

It's really disheartening. Usually there are a couple of really good teams, some average ones, and a couple of really bad ones (with Hamilton consistently being at or near the bottom).

This year we are the worst team by a mile. QB, O-line, secondary, coaching, GM. It isn't even up for debate.

I think Kent Austin is highly overrated but you put him as our HC and GM (a mistake by the way) and we would be pushing .500.

Austin like it or not has continually attempted to improve his roster both by bringing in vets from other teams and new players. That blows the ass out of the continued youth excuse. As for the vets we have brought in, Foster, Parenteau, Bo Smith, C Muamba any other slugs and duds I missed. So enough of the BS inheriting poor talent blah blah blah.....Austin could have said that but he actually did something to change it.