Sad Fact

This isn't the first losing season we've had. 

However, I can not recall a season where I felt this much apathy. Its not even like I "can't wait till it's over" -- I just don't care. 

And yes, I am a season ticket holder. 

I'm pretty sure I'm not alone in that sentiment, so I'm concerned about the long-term viability of the club if they do not make really big changes in a few months. 

It won't take much to get true fans excited again, but many will choose to wait to see what the club does this offseason. 

It better include a winning GM, a hungry, sharp up and coming coach, and a legit QB. 

Saturday was the first game in a long time where I found out the score by checking my phone.

I'll usually watch ANY Bomber game ... couldn't be bothered on Saturday.

I watched, but made good use of my PVR. With free Centre Ice right now, I was channel surfing between hockey games on Saturday. I'd go through the PVR of the Bombers game to see what was happening, but that was it. I blew through the entire game in maybe an hour, skipping ahead for most of the time we were on D.

Saturday was the first game in a long time where I found out the score by checking my phone.

I watched, but made good use of my PVR. With free Centre Ice right now, I was channel surfing between hockey games on Saturday. I'd go through the PVR of the Bombers game to see what was happening, but that was it. I blew through the entire game in maybe an hour, skipping ahead for most of the time we were on D.

I did the same thing.  Watched the first quarter PVRd the rest and went to the movies with the kids.  Came back and just skipped through.  First game I can remember truly not caring about....sad really!

And BTW wow do you get free center ice?!?

I did the same thing.  Watched the first quarter PVRd the rest and went to the movies with the kids.  Came back and just skipped through.  First game I can remember truly not caring about....sad really!

It's free for everyone until Oct. 19. I frickin' love it, but it may cost me my family if I keep it past then...

It's free for everyone until Oct. 19. I frickin' love it, but it may cost me my family if I keep it past then...

On Shaw? I don't think I get it on Bell.  Maybe I do IDK!  I know it didnt get the last two Jets games damn BELL!!

On Shaw? I don't think I get it on Bell.  Maybe I do IDK!  I know it didnt get the last two Jets games damn BELL!!

I have MTS, but I'm guessing it's free for everyone. Check it out tonight and see.

I watched the entire game. I wasn't upset as I expected a blowout. I'm with BriceDream. It won't take much to get the fans back IF,,, they bring in an experienced GM, hire a legitimate head coach with a vision as to where he sees this team going & we go out get a qb & make a splash in free agency. The fans are willing to give this team a chance if they don't screw up again but I believe they will.

What I don't like is the penchant for the Bombers to lie to their fans. Take Miller & Walters. If the BOD have no intention of hiring anyone else & end up keeping them then remove the interim tags from their titles immediately. Don't wait until December or January to do it when fans start speculating even more who the new president or GM may be. Personally, I have my doubts as to whether the board is ever going to hire anyone else besides those two to run the club. I hope I'm wrong at least when it comes to Kyle Walters but I doubt it.

So then, do it. Make it official & take the Interim titles away from them both. And fire Tim Burke the split second the last game of the season is over. There should be absolutely no speculation about him coming back to be our head coach next year. We need a clean slate to start over but the way this team works? Unfortunately, I believe the decision's been made already,

Haha, case in point: 2/3 of the posts in this thread are about the Jets!

I wish I could be "stoked" about the next GM hire but I'm really jaded. 

I bought into Mike Kelly hook line and sinker and felt a little duped they way that all went down. 

I then bought into Mack pretty good (despite pulling for Barker) and lasted a whole season before I started to have my doubts. 

I basically expect the next hire to be a convenience (or cheapskate) hire. Its sad that this is now the Bomber status quo. 

The worst type of fan is an apathetic one.  That is what I am right now.  If the Bombers were anywhere close to decent I would watch them.  Right now school and other things take priority, and giving up valuable time to watch them not do anything is not my preferred strategy.

I'm not apathetic. Just because I didn't get  upset watching the Bombers being schooled by the Stamps doesn't mean I'm not angry, sick & tired of the way this team is run. I've been thru 3 waves of this in the past... The Joe Zaleski Years from 1967 thru 1969, the Reinbold Years 1997 thru 1998 & now The Joe Mack Years pushing forward. All were equally abysmal. They all had two things in common, bad head coaching & no qbs. Fortunes all turned around as soon as that was rectified. Just hope that this club starts making some right decisions instead of always wrong ones.

I still watch the games, but at this point it's more out of habit than because I care. I know they're going to find new ways to make fools of themselves. Very much a sense of apathy set in. Thank god hockey is back, much more invested in that than the CFL. I hate that it's come to that. the CFL is my favourite league by far and the Bombers are so terrible I just don't care. **** you Tim Burke. 

**** you Tim Burke. 

Nah, Burke can't wear it all. Some, but not all.

More like f-- you Burke, f-- you Joe Mack, f-- you Casey Creehan, and especially f-- you BOD for hiring Burke and Botch Co.

Hell, while I'm at it  f-- you Lyle Bauer for starting this implosion by hiring your clown shoe of a friend 5 years ago.

Go Offseason Go!

Best running attack all season with some exceptional pulling and blocking by the line but my expectations are low so it doesn't take much improvement to get me excited.

See? Someone already found a positive. Give us a winning team & IGF is sold out every game.

The worst part of all this is that not only do the Blue Bombers absolutley suck, they have the worst uniforms in the CFL. Someone at the BOD needed to stand up against rebook for wanting to give us this abomonation.

On the field... yep, I dont care. I drove to Edmonton and back in one night to see the Jets play and paid way more for the ticket. Winnipeg was in town and I didn't bother driving 15 mins to the stadium and pay 20 bucks for a cheap ticket. Why go? So I  can be ashamed in person?

F*** you Burke, and more importanly, f*** the BOD and the clowns who put this mess together. I hope you all never work in football again.

**** you Tim Burke. 

Nah, Burke can't wear it all. Some, but not all.

Tim Burkes record as a head coach is 6-12, his teams have scored 479 points and given up 746 points.  in those 24 games they have scored over 30 points (arbitrary number) 3 times, they have given up over 30 points 13 times. Going with some other arbitrary numbers they have lost by 20 points or more 7 times, that's nearly  30% of the games Tim Burkes teams go into they get blown away! He in no way has his teams prepared to play and the results bear that out. Yeah I'll stand by the **** Tim Burke. Lapo at least kept games close.