Blue Bombers - 2024 Regular Season - Discussion Thread

14 minutes ago, BigBlue said:

How many of this years draft picks made the club?

4 - OL Gabe Wallace, WR Kevens Clercius, RB/FB Michael Chris-Ike, DL Kyle Samson. That's all four second round picks.

DE Owen Hubert made the practice roster. He was our 8th round pick .

They also put Ian Leroux on the suspended list as he is going back to school. He is probably our next long snapper after Benson retires.

2 minutes ago, Atomic said:

4 - OL Gabe Wallace, WR Kevens Clercius, RB/FB Michael Chris-Ike, DL Kyle Samson. That's all four second round picks.

And 1 back to school right. The long snapper. 

also who the **** is Michael Griffin. 

Edited by Goalie

2 minutes ago, Atomic said:

They also put Ian Leroux on the suspended list as he is going back to school. He is probably our next long snapper after Benson retires.

so about 80% ???

Mitchell don’t come across as FIFO tho. Mr bright shoes number zero yapping after 2 yd gains. But maybe that’s what they like. I mean for the 5th receiver, don’t think you need the next dalton Schoen either tho.  Maybe Mitchell is a grade A blocker like sheed was. 

Edited by Goalie

1 minute ago, Goalie said:

Mitchell don’t come across as FIFO tho. Mr bright shoes number zero yapping after 2 yd gains. But maybe that’s what they like. 

...the ol squeaky wheel trick.....someone noticed😉

Just now, Goalie said:

It’s a hot take. 

It’s a hot turd.

What does FIFO even mean? Willie Jefferson is one of the biggest trash talkers in the world. Kenny Lawler loves to celebrate 3 yard catches and drink behind the steering wheel. Are they also not allowed in this club? Is Myron Mitchell not allowed because of the colour of his shoes? What if the reason he gives is because he’s financially responsible and didn’t want to buy blue shoes until he made the team? Does that allow him back in the club? 

13 minutes ago, Mike said:

It’s a hot turd.

What does FIFO even mean? Willie Jefferson is one of the biggest trash talkers in the world. Kenny Lawler loves to celebrate 3 yard catches and drink behind the steering wheel. Are they also not allowed in this club? Is Myron Mitchell not allowed because of the colour of his shoes? What if the reason he gives is because he’s financially responsible and didn’t want to buy blue shoes until he made the team? Does that allow him back in the club? 

It’s just marketing. lol. 

cuz honestly I have no idea. No idea what O’Shea actually does either ;) 

Edited by Goalie

23 minutes ago, Mike said:

Kenny Lawler loves to drink behind the steering wheel. 

You've mentioned this a couple times recently. Let's maybe not say "loves to"... It happened once that we know of. We don't know if it was drink or smoke.  No question he should be held to account and it absolutely doesn't FIT IN..... but let's not take it to the extreme of "Kenny Lawler is always drinking and driving" which is sort of implied here. 

The FIFO thing has become somewhat of a marketing thing among a certain group of fans and now that it's popular, it isn't cool anymore... I get it..... 

...But I still like that there's a code of conduct within the team which is seemingly self policed among the veterans/leaders. It doesn't mean there won't be mistakes made and guys slipping a bit... But I like knowing that guys are at least seemingly being held to account.

34 minutes ago, Mike said:

Myron Mitchell not allowed because of the colour of his shoes? What if the reason he gives is because he’s financially responsible and didn’t want to buy blue shoes until he made the team? Does that allow him back in the club? 

Yeah honestly when I saw a guy wearing bright shoes my assumption was they were just his lucky shoes or something. Are people actually mad about them?

6 minutes ago, Noeller said:

You've mentioned this a couple times recently. Let's maybe not say "loves to"... It happened once that we know of. We don't know if it was drink or smoke.  No question he should be held to account and it absolutely doesn't FIT IN..... but let's not take it to the extreme of "Kenny Lawler is always drinking and driving" which is sort of implied here. 

The FIFO thing has become somewhat of a marketing thing among a certain group of fans and now that it's popular, it isn't cool anymore... I get it..... 

...But I still like that there's a code of conduct within the team which is seemingly self policed among the veterans/leaders. It doesn't mean there won't be mistakes made and guys slipping a bit... But I like knowing that guys are at least seemingly being held to account.

I mean we criticize other players on other teams for similar slip ups, so I’m not going to pretend our players don’t have slip ups as well. It is what is.

I'm not a fan of the FIFO thing as people use it too much as the deciding factor in why a guy played...didnt...gets cut etc...etc.....As long as a guy has noi serious character flaws and issues and is doing selfish things to hurt the team then that should be it. If yhour good enough and have the talent....nuffsaid

This mantra of maybe he didnt fit in in some regard that we as fans don't see....thats why....is load of crap....some guys who were cut....not utilized were soley due to coaching bias and the same ol same ol....believe it if you want...or don't....No skin off my hiney but untill you have actually been in a room as a player...coach...or otherwise....and seen all the dynamics its just running on hyberbole and going with the narrative.

Been on and een many teams where at times half the team doesnt know one another from dirt, other than name and number....and are highly succesfull and have the tight room....we have a great culture and room...and been succesful for sure....but that isnt the whole reason...nor should be the deciding factor in talent