GDT 3 pm: Victory Day

11 minutes ago, Mike said:

I bet they still go 500

Their backup Dukes didn't look out of place when he did play but to be thrown in as the starter after such little playing time last season will be a tough situation. The Argos didn't have the time to sign a potential starter as the Chad kelly suspension happened so late in the off season. We're finally going to see just how good a head coach Ryan Dinwiddie is. 

Edited by SpeedFlex27

8 hours ago, wbbfan said:

I mean mbt came back, ancestral spirits and all. But yeah brown is the only blue chip in league next guy we’ve seen in a while. Last couple flopped hard. 
 Personally, I’d go heavy sets with a really good running qb and pound with some option and simple passing package. Play some bully football. Wils and macs are smaller than ever. Athletic big tes are more available than ever and don’t have a real market value up here. Run 21 and 22 form sets and make a bunch of 200 lbs guys try to get off the blocks of 250+ lbs guys. 

I'm surprised we haven't seen more of this honestly.

10 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

I'm surprised we haven't seen more of this honestly.

Same. Soo much room for innovation on both sides of the ball but no one has interest in trying any thing different. 
 Qb talent is in a serious dip, and has been for a while. But every one is still trying to get the same qb. 

7 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Toronto is in big trouble. They may only win 3 games. 

My view is Arbuckle was brought in to back up Dukes.  In that division I could see the Argos still winning close to half their games with Dukes and then they get their start back for most of the second half of the season. The Argos are a good team and Dinwiddie is a great coach. 

Edited by Colin Unger

25 minutes ago, Jesse said:

I honestly don't think Chad Kelly is that good.

Toronto is a stacked team and I think Dukes will carry them just fine.

Agree with the first part, not sure about the second part. I think Mike's right that they'll maybe go 500 because the East is no hot ****. Everyone is in play over there...

56 minutes ago, Jpan85 said:

Arbuckle looked good in their inter-squad scrimmage. 

Maybe Arbckle will have a resurgence like Nichols did when he came to Wpg., he was on his last legs in Edmonton after being demoted to play behind phenom James Franklin, just before he was traded to the Bombers.

Edited by Fatty Liver

2 hours ago, Wanna-B-Fanboy said:

No kidding, it's not like they are in the same division of the Grey Cup champs are anything. 

Speaking of which, got my ticket for the home opener, so psyched to see the Bombers take out their rage for losing last year out on CoFaj and pound the Als into the ground....

8 hours ago, Jesse said:

I honestly don't think Chad Kelly is that good.

Toronto is a stacked team and I think Dukes will carry them just fine.

I don't think Dukes can pass.

Like most backup QB's we somehow landed on playing soft coverage instead of challenging his accuracy.

3 hours ago, HardCoreBlue said:

His horrible locker sideline presence and it’s influence on others is underestimated by some imo.

Absolutely. But I’m solely talking about the on field performance.

51 minutes ago, Jesse said:

Absolutely. But I’m solely talking about the on field performance.

He was good but then figured out but keep in mind he beat up on the Hamilton and ottawas last year. Think he’s seriously overrated. If he didn’t play in Toronto the hype wouldn’t have been there. 

Edited by Goalie

On 2024-05-24 at 9:10 AM, Colin Unger said:

My view is Arbuckle was brought in to back up Dukes.  In that division I could see the Argos still winning close to half their games with Dukes and then they get their start back for most of the second half of the season. The Argos are a good team and Dinwiddie is a great coach. 

I have my doubts that Kelly will be back at all. 

7 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

I have my doubts that Kelly will be back at all. 

Agreed. When an incident like this spills out of the closet, it is typically followed by other examples. We will never hear about most of these, Bottom line: Kelly is just not worth the looming risks.