Jump to content

2024 Blue Bomber Training Camp


Recommended Posts

10 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

I am not concerned about Zac in any way. He will be just fine, and I don't think rust will be an issue. It would be nice to get our starting O a quarter but it's not really a big deal that we aren't imo. Rather have our guys healthy.

You want to show off every big play. 

Nah...these guys will have it down after the first practice. There is very little to do except to fine tune the timing again and that can be done very quickly with all the vets we have.

I think this is sort of a naive take. If what you’re saying is true, why do they participate in camp at all? Save the reps for the young guys. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

I am not concerned about Zac in any way. He will be just fine, and I don't think rust will be an issue. It would be nice to get our starting O a quarter but it's not really a big deal that we aren't imo. Rather have our guys healthy.

You want to show off every big play. 

Nah...these guys will have it down after the first practice. There is very little to do except to fine tune the timing again and that can be done very quickly with all the vets we have.

I get why you say that, but the lack of preparedness and execution in the biggest games gives me pause. In  general he has been we prepared to start the season as a bomber, but also flat starts has been a problem on this squad especially post 21. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Mike said:

https://www.bluebombers.com/2024/05/29/48-hour-primer-preseason-2/
 

i honestly can’t imagine this being less informative … it feels like a real deliberate thing the Bombers are doing to provide as little information about camp as possible at this rate. If it’s on purpose for gamesmanship, ok I can respect it but it sure sucks as a fan

 

”here’s your primer for the final preseason game: Collaros will not play, Demski likes to practice and we’ve had some injuries in camp”

That's not really written for us is the problem. It's for the filthy casuals who only care about the names, like local boy demski.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

I get why you say that, but the lack of preparedness and execution in the biggest games gives me pause. In  general he has been we prepared to start the season as a bomber, but also flat starts has been a problem on this squad especially post 21. 

Really? Check our first few games offence of both 22 and 23. Early season has not been our problem at all on offence. What happened months ago in a highly charged playoff atmosphere in cold weather does not equate to this situation at all. Just as a game played in June does not matter come November.

21 minutes ago, Mike said:

I think this is sort of a naive take. If what you’re saying is true, why do they participate in camp at all? Save the reps for the young guys. 

I think this is sort of a naive take. They take reps because that is where they will get their timing down. None of these guys need to see the bullets flying in order to do that. We have a very veteran offensive group, they will be just fine and really don't need the live action of pre-season to be prepared for game 1. Starting O's don't get much out of preseason games contrary to popular belief on this thread. 

Edited by GCn20
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

Really? Check our first few games offence of both 22 and 23. Early season has not been our problem at all on offence.

I think this is sort of a naive take. They take reps because that is where they will get their timing down. None of these guys need to see the bullets flying in order to do that. We have a very veteran offensive group, they will be just fine and really don't need the live action of pre-season to be prepared for game 1. Starting O's don't get much out of preseason games contrary to popular belief on this thread. 

Both those games zach took considerable snaps in the pre season, check it out.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Youre looking at the end of the quarter, not the start. He lead TD drives in the 2nd quarter of pre season games both those years. 

He played a grand total of one Q of football in each of those seasons. He had a grand total of 6 pass attempts in preseason 2022 and 7 in 2023.  Are you guys seriously suggesting that those half a dozen passing attempts each year made a lick of difference come game 1 of the season? C'mon....you guys are bitching just for the sake of bitching on this one. Zac not playing is a giant nothing burger.

Edited by GCn20
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I question the readiness of our OL... Neufeld has been on the shelf and I'm not convinced that Lofton is the guy at RT. I'm not even convinced that all the interior spots are locks, yet. Better to test the OL in front of Streveler and the rookies, perhaps.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

He played a grand total of one Q of football in each of those seasons. He had a grand total of 6 pass attempts in preseason 2022 and 7 in 2023.  Are you guys seriously suggesting that those half a dozen passing attempts each year made a lick of difference come game 1 of the season? C'mon....you guys are bitching just for the sake of bitching on this one. Zac not playing is a giant nothing burger.

Check the play by play, he was in for the 2nd Q of both those games and they were closed out by other qbs lol

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

He played a grand total of one Q of football in each of those seasons. He had a grand total of 6 pass attempts in preseason 2022 and 7 in 2023. 

Last year against Edmonton, he played the entire first quarter and then the first 5 minutes of the second.  He was the busiest QB with 8 attempts while the other 3 QB's had a combined total of 12.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Collaros also did not play at all in the 2022 pre-season so this isn't the first time they've done this.

https://www.winnipegfreepress.com/breakingnews/2023/05/30/collaros-to-sit-out-preseason-tilt-vs-riders

Quote

It was the first preseason game Collaros has been a part of since joining the Bombers late into the 2019 season. The club has only had two prior preseason games with Collaros on the roster, with both coming in 2022, as there were no games played in the COVID-19-shortened 2021 campaign and the 2020 season was completely wiped out.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think the whole unit in the last pre-season should get at least a few series....yeah they all vets..etc....but still you just don't turn it on and off...you need some live fire regardless of how long you have played in the league.

There will be likely 3 new moving parts on the offence....so get that familiarity now, even for just a few series before trying to find it in skelly next week...which isnt the same....It's just askibg for a big miscue or 2 in forst game, and possible injury risk...I think it's foolish to not dress....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, bigg jay said:

Last year against Edmonton, he played the entire first quarter and then the first 5 minutes of the second.  He was the busiest QB with 8 attempts while the other 3 QB's had a combined total of 12.

Yea, Ok one quarter and a series. I stand corrected. Those 8 passing attempts had a profound impact on his game 1 play? Nah....not buying it. A veteran the calibre of Collaros does not need to play the preseason really. If the Bombers feel comfortable not playing him, I am perfectly fine with that. 

Just now, Booch said:

I think the whole unit in the last pre-season should get at least a few series....yeah they all vets..etc....but still you just don't turn it on and off...you need some live fire regardless of how long you have played in the league.

There will be likely 3 new moving parts on the offence....so get that familiarity now, even for just a few series before trying to find it in skelly next week...which isnt the same....It's just askibg for a big miscue or 2 in forst game, and possible injury risk...I think it's foolish to not dress....

I would agree if we didn't have Strev, who can easily step in while all the other guys knock off the rust. Zac doesn't really need to do so.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...