2024 Blue Bomber Training Camp

23 hours ago, Mike said:

Bighill out to start the year and not a peep about any of the new linebackers.

Two offensive line spots open and no clue who is out in front of the competiton.

A full draft class and no idea how they’re slotting in yet.

Is Haba/Fox starting just a closed case already? Does anyone want to talk about it?

KJ Hill cut and as per the reporters, he was “a hyped rookie” but absolutely no mention of who may lock that spot down now.

It gets worse every year. @DTonOB explain yourself 

Sure. There's a good 30-45 minutes a day on the 680 CJOB Sports Show with Christian. Plus training camp hits in sports at 625, 725, 825, 925am and 325, 425 and 525 pm. And we'll have two hours pre-game Monday starting at 1:00pm. We've hit all those topics over the first 10 days.

Since I've got some time sitting in Regina:

1) We've seen Shayne Gauthier + Kyrie Wilson / Kyrie + Brian Cole as the LB combos post-Bighill. John Petrishen + Tre Thomas has been another duo from the start. Anyone else isn't getting a ton of work.

2) Liam Dobson at left guard and Eric Lofton at right tackle every day so far. I think Ted Wyman was the first to touch on it on May 12. The only time it wasn't Dobson a LG was the last day because of injuries to Eli and injury/day off for Kolankowski. Dobson shifted to center for that one.

3) Michael Chris-Ike is slowly getting more action in a FB/TE roll after his late arrival. Gabe Wallace was getting first-team reps with the injuries to Neufeld and Eli. They are by far the closest to making an impact early in the season. Clercius is down around the 3rd group of receivers. Kalra is much closer than Vlahogiannis. And Leroux is 100% going back to school, so apart from 1 day where we talked about him, we'll catch up with him next year. Gassama and Hubert appear far down the pecking order.

4) 1st team has been Haba and Fox since day 1.

5) KJ Hill never seemed to get above the third group. And when he got hurt and wasn't going to recover in time, they released him. Had he appeared with the first team like a Ravi Alston, Ontaria Wilson or Myron Mitchell there would have been more talk about Hill.

There were roughly 8 guys vying for return spots. They *might* be down to 4, but there are virtually no returns in camp. Without full-speed contact, they aren't worth much. Pre-season games are where we'll see who's who.

Bombers that aren't playing in the first pre-season game:

Zach Collaros 8 QB A 

Brady Oliveira 20 RB N   Injured Veteran 

Dalton Schoen 83 WR A  
Nic Demski 10 WR N   Injured Veteran 
Ronnie Blackmon 15 WR A  
Tyler Adams 74 WR A
Keric Wheatfall 79 WR A
Josh Johnson 84 WR A
Isaiah Coulter 73 WR A 
Josh Vann 81 WR A

Patrick Neufeld 53 OL N   "retired"
Tui Eli 65 OL N

Jake Thomas 95 DT N                                          

Adam Bighill 4 LB A   6 game injury
Kyrie Wilson 19 LB A
Max Charbonneau 39 LB N

Deatrick Nichols 1 DB A  
Brandon Alexander 37 DB A 
Jamal Parker 7 DB A   6 game injury
Evan Holm 31 DB A
Noah Hallett 23 DB N   6 game injury 
Patrick Rogers 3 DB A
Michael Griffin 38 DB A 

3 hours ago, DTonOB said:

Sure. There's a good 30-45 minutes a day on the 680 CJOB Sports Show with Christian. Plus training camp hits in sports at 625, 725, 825, 925am and 325, 425 and 525 pm. And we'll have two hours pre-game Monday starting at 1:00pm. We've hit all those topics over the first 10 days.

1) We've seen Shayne Gauthier + Kyrie Wilson / Kyrie + Brian Cole as the LB combos post-Bighill. John Petrishen + Tre Thomas has been another duo from the start. Anyone else isn't getting a ton of work.

2) Liam Dobson at left guard and Eric Lofton at right tackle every day so far. I think Ted Wyman was the first to touch on it on May 12. The only time it wasn't Dobson a LG was the last day because of injuries to Eli and injury/day off for Kolankowski. Dobson shifted to center for that one.

3) Michael Chris-Ike is slowly getting more action in a FB/TE roll after his late arrival. Gabe Wallace was getting first-team reps with the injuries to Neufeld and Eli. They are by far the closest to making an impact early in the season. Clercius is down around the 3rd group of receivers. Kalra is much closer than Vlahogiannis. And Leroux is 100% going back to school, so apart from 1 day where we talked about him, we'll catch up with him next year. Gassama and Hubert appear far down the pecking order.

5) KJ Hill never seemed to get above the third group. And when he got hurt and wasn't going to recover in time, they released him. Had he appeared with the first team like a Ravi Alston, Ontaria Wilson or Myron Mitchell there would have been more talk about Hill.

There were roughly 8 guys vying for return spots. They *might* be down to 4, but there are virtually no returns in camp. Without full-speed contact, they aren't worth much. Pre-season games are where we'll see who's who.

Mike says thank you. At least I think he would. Your efforts are appreciated. 

8 hours ago, DTonOB said:

Bless your heart

13 hours ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

Did you ever think that maybe it’s you?

nope....not in the least....U tho....another story..along with about 4...maybe 5 other choice posters....it's interesting and funny, via PM how many will message but wont post it publically....dont wanna hurt fragile feelings and ruffle lil feathers...and will leave it to me and a few others...but they agree with the fraction here that cant see forest thru the trees, and will contimually bring up..ya but...we won most games...ya but...we been to 4 cups....ya nut...ya but...well ya but we 0 for 2 in the last 2....and lucky to have won the second one....so to each his own.

I embrace the good qualities/triats/ideals....etc.....but will speak out against the faults...nobody is perfect and I dont boot lick like many.....opinions vary....and like it...dislike it....question it....debate it with actual knowledge.....or douchenozzle it...doesnt effect me one way or another, and I expect it...and it humous me more than anything.....

12 hours ago, Atomic said:

I wish I could give a camp report. Tough to find the time these days. Maybe I try to get out on Wednesday, if they are practicing.

I'd giuve a good one....but posters such as the one who posted just above you would make a mockery of it...or say its a personal soap box speach....and ruin it for people who appreciate it....so why bother....

Edited by Booch

11 hours ago, DTonOB said:

and sadly....both should have been such last yr as well....well Haba in for rotation but u know what I mean....Both didnt just learn things this camp and a light came on

Just now, Mike said:

Booch, please consider this your notice that if you don’t start sending me these top secret reports, I will finally figure out how to ban someone after almost 11 years 

hahah.....reach out....I choose now not to share much openly as it not worth the hassle...Others message.......and it's hardly top secret....tho I can offr some insight...

Edited by Booch

It's a shame @Booch doesn't make some of his thoughts public. I'd much rather have real opinions on here than parrotted thoughts from the media folk.

I will never shy away from giving my opinion, and usually mine are horrible. You at least have some real football knowledge. I just see a guy run fast and I'm like WOAH 

1 minute ago, BBlink said:

It's a shame @Booch doesn't make some of his thoughts public. I'd much rather have real opinions on here than parrotted thoughts from the media folk.

I will never shy away from giving my opinion, and usually mine are horrible. You at least have some real football knowledge. I just see a guy run fast and I'm like WOAH 

I just pick my favourites based on their names

that’s why I’m out on Chris Smith no matter what Booch says 

Just now, BBlink said:

thing is...no opiniin is horrible....but basing opininion on ya buts....and past history.....means diddly...especially in football

Just now, Mike said:

I just pick my favourites based on their names

that’s why I’m out on Chris Smith no matter what Booch says 

hahaha....yeah....It's a very generic and non sexyname thats for sure...If he gets the touches today...real legit ones....he gonna impress....

@DTonOB I’m curious - can’t say I’ve consumed every ounce of content you’ve put out, I may have missed it somewhere

Has anyone ever asked O’Shea point blank why he ignores some of the competitive advantages we have available to us? I just get this weird feeling we’re on pace for another season of MOS using our roster as his own personal soapbox to sing the praises of Canadian talent and I’m wondering if he’s ever been called out for it 

6 minutes ago, Mike said:

@DTonOB I’m curious - can’t say I’ve consumed every ounce of content you’ve put out, I may have missed it somewhere

Has anyone ever asked O’Shea point blank why he ignores some of the competitive advantages we have available to us? I just get this weird feeling we’re on pace for another season of MOS using our roster as his own personal soapbox to sing the praises of Canadian talent and I’m wondering if he’s ever been called out for it 

I don't think any of th media have the kajonies to do that...and I have the same feeling....

3 hours ago, Mark H. said:

Yep, the Sports Show is worth a listen, most nights.

I usually listen most nights on my Google mini while I'm making supper in West Central AB... There's some non local sports stuff that he covers which aren't really "for me" but they do a really good job of covering all the bases to reach as many potential listeners as possible. 

58 minutes ago, Mike said:

Booch, please consider this your notice that if you don’t start sending me these top secret reports, I will finally figure out how to ban someone after almost 11 years 

I can attest that Booch will send his insights if you pm him. All I needed to send was a credit card number, my banking info and my social security number. No different than my dealing with those 6 Nigerian Princes and that lovely 20 year old from Moldovia who is madly in love with me.

2 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

I can attest that Booch will send his insights if you pm him. All I needed to send was a credit card number, my banking info and my social security number. No different than my dealing with those 6 Nigerian Princes and that lovely 20 year old from Moldovia who is madly in love with me.

Worth it 

Just now, Mike said:

Worth it 

Just deposit that cheque I send you for 380k....transfer me 300k immediatley and u get the 80k....thats a good deal lol

1 hour ago, Mike said:

I would also like to subscribe to the Booch super secret newsletter…

12 hours ago, DTonOB said:

So it sounds like the middle linebacker spot is going to be Gauthier, Wilson or Petrishen to start the year… I’ll be a little disappointed if it’s Gauthier because that feels too much like a “we’re familiar with him” type of pick… I hope Petrishen or Moses really stands out and forces the coaches to start one of them game 1

26 minutes ago, bearpants said:

I would also like to subscribe to the Booch super secret newsletter…

So it sounds like the middle linebacker spot is going to be Gauthier, Wilson or Petrishen to start the year… I’ll be a little disappointed if it’s Gauthier because that feels too much like a “we’re familiar with him” type of pick… I hope Petrishen or Moses really stands out and forces the coaches to start one of them game 1

So Gauthier could be the day 1 starter to give the others a chance to get more familiar. Don't see them doing it permanently for the year though. First 2 weeks of the season are basically just preseason games that count.