Free Agency Day - Non-Bombers CFL News

2 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

He doesn’t have Dunigan’s arm, McManus’ arm. 

Those are exceptional arm strengths. 

We weren’t talking accuracy. 

Quite frankly he has a long wind up as well. 

Heavy balls Cornelius probably had better arm strength. 

I realize that, I was just pointing out strength means nothing if accuracy aint there.

Just now, blue85gold said:

Ray had the timing down and nobody said he had a big arm.

and he could put it right where it needed to be, and in a spot where if the receiver didn't get it...it most times fell to the ground...big difference from a jump ball thats up for grabs with a stationary receiver waiting on it

5 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

His NFL scouting reports, Bengals TC reports, and pretty much every article written about him all suggest otherwise. The guy has a very good arm. Just doesn't know how to use it.

16 minutes ago, blue85gold said:

That's it right there. He can get it deep it just takes a while to get there. 

Dolegala's arm strength is the only reason he is still in this league. He has a 2 cent brain and accuracy problems, but the guy can throw hard.

Just now, GCn20 said:

His NFL scouting reports, Bengals TC reports, and pretty much every article written about him all suggest otherwise. The guy has a very good arm. Just doesn't know how to use it.

Well quite honestly IDGAF about those — I’ve seen it live and on TV enough to not have my hair blown back by it. 

1 hour ago, Geebrr said:

Well quite honestly IDGAF about those — I’ve seen it live and on TV enough to not have my hair blown back by it. 

Don't mistake throwing style for throwing strength. The guy has a cannon. Yep he put a lot of air on deep throws but that's more a function of not being able to throw accurately on a rope so he intentionally gives it air so the receiver can adjust.

Edited by GCn20

2 hours ago, Geebrr said:

No, he had a stronger arm than either. It’s not even close. They weren’t throwing 60-70 yards with ease while falling on their ass or from their knees. Bishop did in game for and against us in fact. 
 The very few guys who could legitimately claim a spot above him in all of pro sports are nfl outliers like Jamarcus Russell. 
 At the bishop level you are talking about QBs who break WRs fingers with max velocity. 

36 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

No, he had a stronger arm than either. It’s not even close. They weren’t throwing 60-70 yards with ease while falling on their ass or from their knees. Bishop did in game for and against us in fact. 
 The very few guys who could legitimately claim a spot above him in all of pro sports are nfl outliers like Jamarcus Russell. 
 At the bishop level you are talking about QBs who break WRs fingers with max velocity. 

I’m not talking about Michael Bishop. 

Im talking about Dolegala. 

1 hour ago, GCn20 said:

Don't mistake throwing style for throwing strength. The guy has a cannon. Yep he put a lot of air on deep throws but that's more a function of not being able to throw accurately on a rope so he intentionally gives it air so the receiver can adjust.

I’m not mistaking anything. His  arm strength is not exceptional. There have been plenty of guys who are said to have strong arms, they get up here and they don’t. 

IDGAF what some random scouting report online  said. Most of them have stuff that contradicts itself within the same report. 

42 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

I’m not talking about Michael Bishop. 

Im talking about Dolegala. 

I’m not mistaking anything. His  arm strength is not exceptional. There have been plenty of guys who are said to have strong arms, they get up here and they don’t. 

IDGAF what some random scouting report online  said. Most of them have stuff that contradicts itself within the same report. 

It's not one scouting report, it's all of them, along with numerous coaches quotes, and articles from his time in the NFL and CFL all stating he has a cannon for an arm. Just telling you what virtually everyone in the football world says about him, You, of course, are entitled to your own opinion.

https://leaderpost.com/sports/football/cfl/saskatchewan-roughriders/sports-col-davis-riders-qb-issue

https://local12.com/sports/bengals/bengals-rookie-mini-camp-undrafted-qb-dolegala-shows-off-arm-strength-finley-struggles-cincinnati-ryan-jake-zac-taylor-jonah-williams-rodney-anderson-colton-schmidt-drew-kaser

https://centralrecorder.org/67439/sports/jake-dolegalas-road-to-nfl/

Some articles detailing his arm strength including direct quotes from the Bengals scout that recruited him. I am not doubting what you saw, JD did not showcase his arm strength very much with the Riders however he does possess well above average arm strength.

Edited by GCn20

7 minutes ago, bluto said:

Bishop isn't part of the 1-10 scale.

Tom Brady was quoted saying "It is the strongest arm I've ever seen." 

(which means a bit more than just having me say that I watched him at practice effortlessly tossing 50 yard darts.)

Bishop and Brock are not fair comparisons for any QB. They were outliers.

37 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Yeah if dolegala has an exceptional arm then so does everyone in the cfl minus faj. 

He does have above average arm strength. He has a live arm. That's not to say he uses that attribute well or often.

24 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

He does have above average arm strength. He has a live arm. That's not to say he uses that attribute well or often.

That doesn't make it exceptional. 

Let's even leave off bishop who is just a freak... dolegala isn't a comparion doe a guy like Burris who I would say had exceptional arm strength. 

No one is saying dolegala has a limp arm like faj, but exceptional? Nah just your standard arm on a qb. 

2 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

That doesn't make it exceptional. 

Let's even leave off bishop who is just a freak... dolegala isn't a comparion doe a guy like Burris who I would say had exceptional arm strength. 

No one is saying dolegala has a limp arm like faj, but exceptional? Nah just your standard arm on a qb. 

He is well above average in the CFL right now. If i called his arm strength exceptional than my bad, just a bad phrasing. Just saying he is not a noodle arm nor does he have below average arm strength as was originally suggested. The guy has a good arm. That is not his problem.

Edited by GCn20