Game 23: vs Bedard

iHeart

On that first goal, not sure what Samberg was thinking putting a soft pass right up the slot.  I thought we coached our D men to NEVER do that, unless you have a guy who is VERY open.  We just handed them that opening goal, but tightened up after that, good to see Vilardi with the magic hands setting up that Scheif goal.

1 hour ago, bb1 said:

You know i don't get the hate on Bedard ,great young Canadian player, i guess it is all the hype, saw him booed in his opening game on the road, never seen an 18 year old generate so much hate. Envy i guess? Hope he has a great career becomes one of the great ones....

Gonna be a special player .

I have never heard a single negative thing about Bedard from anyone. Strange. The only thing I would say is that the "New McDavid" thing is overblown. The kid is really good and has a lethal shot, but he's on the smaller side and isn't the total package that McJesus is. Still, going to be an elite NHL talent....

2 hours ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

Now if Team Canada only had a goaltender. 

Comrie? Lol or Jamie Reimer. Pretty slim picking.

2 hours ago, Mark H. said:

Morissey and Nurse puck moving on the back end.

And Cale Makar too.

Who would Nylander from T.O. play for?

Edited by kelownabomberfan

Nurse is very very good. His contract is absurd and WAY more than he should be making but it WAS the going rate at the time. While not a lock, I'd think he would be in the running for the Top 9 on a Canada Only team. As has been mentioned, the issue is goaltending. What happened to our factory that produced crazy french guys that were extremely good goalies???