2023/2024 CFL (Non Bombers) Off Season News

Noeller

46 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

If you were a Western team you would have yourself a 250k running back then. Good luck with that. You think that the Riders offering something ridiculous moves us off our SMS? Ask Kenny Lawler if it will.

And, a starting Canadian. I don’t know if he leaves for that tbh. I think he’s likely to get some thing 180k or higher from us. The real league mop, the best back, an all round guy who blocks great catches well and is a starting Canadian. Look at what drew desjarlais got from ott. 

19 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

I doubt he even gets that. Harris kind of set the bar during his success at 165k and the cap hasn't really moved much since then....and definitely Wade opened up the toolbox and cash to help make this the best organization in the CFL. It was his vision for sure in so far as player treatment.

just responding to the idea that someone is going to make a blindside 250k offer to BO that drives our price way up. Nope, it won't. Bombers will shake hands with BO and wish him luck and whatever team makes said ridiculous offer will be holding the bag on that one....and in a year from now when he wants to come back we will get him at a proper price. It would be a Kenny Lawler situation all over again and I think every team in the CFL knows that.

That was a while ago. Drew desjarlais got 260+ incentives. In both guys you’re talking about the best at their position, absurdly young for their success, and Canadians. 

1 minute ago, GCJenks said:

How am I here posting Walter’s two year extension before  anyone else. Does no one listen to radio anymore?

https://www.bluebombers.com/2023/11/28/blue-bombers-and-general-manager-kyle-walters-agree-to-terms-on-two-year-extension/

We've talked about it since last night?

5 minutes ago, GCJenks said:

How am I here posting Walter’s two year extension before  anyone else. Does no one listen to radio anymore?

https://www.bluebombers.com/2023/11/28/blue-bombers-and-general-manager-kyle-walters-agree-to-terms-on-two-year-extension/

Thank ******* God this got done. Our Commish says the cap pn coaches & management will remain in place for the foreseeable future. Seems that the CFLPA was unhappy that salaries were outstripping that of the Players so the cap won't be lifted. It's time to tell the CFLPA to go shove it. Stay in your lane & just play football.

28 minutes ago, GCJenks said:

Thread title: 2023/2024 CFL (Non Bombers) Off Season News.

Lots of talk about it in this and other threads.

3 minutes ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

Unpopular opinion, but I am more comfortable keeping Zach if we are getting a new OC. Some fresh ideas couldn't hurt.

I truly believe that Pierce was a big part of the collaros resurgence.  Not sure who to trust as an OC now. Guess we trust these guys to make the right call.

13 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Dunk I trust more than Ball....

poor Buck....but good on the payday for him

9 minutes ago, blueingreenland said:

Riders would do well to hire Pearce. But it would be a big loss for us...and I don't want to lose Dru Brown.

I still dont see how u think Brown will follow...Buck may want that vet in Harris....and Brown may not want to risk losing the shine off his star going into a total unknown rebuild and becoming the next Arbuckle...Franklin..Jennings

Just now, 17to85 said:

I truly believe that Pierce was a big part of the collaros resurgence.  Not sure who to trust as an OC now. Guess we trust these guys to make the right call.

Get a defacto "co-ordinator" and let the QB take control...with some input....Worked for decades and seeing as ZC is such a student of the game, and had input into creation of plays and schemes.....let er rip....sometimes people put too much emphais on a co-ordinator.....also they are times given several options to run based on what the see pre-sanp....its not call a play...run that play by any stretch

I don't think Lapo will be an option if Buck goes to be honest.....and like mentioned earlier...if he does go....he doesn't get the play book...and any new guy won't be overhauling a totally new system....verbage will be changed, and some wrinkles added...some plays they may not particularly like removed, and input will be used from QB's still here, as well as play makers...Its really a total non-issue

2 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

I honestly think the smart move is Mace. That guy is an excellent coach and I hope he's on the Bomber staff one day. Nothing against Buck of course. He's been good too.

Smart move...Sask...Oday.......now go think about what you just said and maybe have a drink hahahaa

2 hours ago, Noeller said:

Dunk I trust more than Ball....

True. 

2 hours ago, Bigblue204 said:

I honestly think the smart move is Mace. That guy is an excellent coach and I hope he's on the Bomber staff one day. Nothing against Buck of course. He's been good too.

that’s the move I’d make if I was picking between the two. 

3 hours ago, bigg jay said:

Thread title: 2023/2024 CFL (Non Bombers) Off Season News.

Lots of talk about it in this and other threads.

Thank you. I was rushing on a quick lunch break and had just heard the news on the radio and the first thread was the Move on From. Collaros and it was “Hot” and nothing in there and grabbed the wrong one after that. 

2 hours ago, Noeller said:

I'm curious if Costello is ready for the role. I don't know enough about him, but I know he is beloved by the offense...

It’d be bourgoin not costello. I was postulating that if buck leaves he might try to take costello since he would run the offence in Regina any way. 
 I think highly of bourgoin as a player coach and developer. If he’s got the x n o strategic side idk but I think we are going to find out.