Which Vets do we cut next season

Brandon

Just now, Noeller said:

Is out success more to do with a lack of talent in the rear of the league? Like are we only looking great in comparison to some really bad teams...? Just questions.

Obviously we've taken advantage of some weak teams. 

2021  was entirely because we brought back our Grey Cup roster while everyone else was staggering. 

2 minutes ago, Jesse said:

Yes, they have to make some changes, but do you want to start a rebuild or reload?

no one said rebuild, but you have to make more than 1 or 2 changes at this point. more importantly they need to clear some cap space to get better depth. ANd that likely includes a lot of the older depth players. Not just the starters. 

Edited by 17to85

Just now, 17to85 said:

have you looked at the average age of the team though? They avoided making changes this season to run it back, fine, but that means you gotta do more this offseason. Yes they still had succes and yes not everyone needs to go... but they gotta make some changes or they'll just keep getting older and older. 

yup....only a few minor ones required...some are already in house

Our main issue is we need to get away from this mindset of targeting these special team only guys, who basically offer no real use on our actual defensive and offensive units

And we need to get back to the days of guys earning the spot...not inheriting it....Like when we cut was it Bryant...or Poop Johnson for stove...everyone was like wtf?!?!?

We built a winner and grabbed some cups with a good group....but now country club life is over....need to fill in some gaps for the new breed to augment our core we maintain

1 minute ago, Goalie said:

If ppl want it to continue, it's time to get younger in certain spots . If not it's gonna all coming crashing down hard. 

This is exactly it. franchise best team last season and 1 point grey cup loss, yeah I can get behind running it back this year, but this was the only year you can really do that. age happens fast in football and if you don't actively get younger right now you will find yourself in a bad spot pretty quick. 

4 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Is our success more to do with a lack of talent in the rest of the league? Like are we only looking great in comparison to some really bad teams...? Just questions.

Interesting question. It's what everyone has been saying about the Als.  I'd guess right now, they are more than ok with people having that opinion of them.

1 minute ago, 17to85 said:

no one said rebuild, but you have to make more than 1 or 2 changes at this point. more importantly they need to clear some cap space to get better depth. ANd that likely includes a lot of the older depth players. Not just the starters. 

Yeah, sure. I just don't care about them mostly. 

Not what cost us today. Today was the failure of the starting crew.

Our line is good enough. We have some up and comers to push. Our receiving core should be great. Our RB has been great. 

Our DL has the starters but we need to go back to rotating quality depth. Our LBs should be good if our depth takes the next step. We have an abundance of DBs.

There's no one position group where we're too old. It's just a few guys who should be forced to earn their spots. 

1 hour ago, Booch said:

I dont feel vindicated either, as I would rather eat crow, but I will also say I told you so...I took barbs all yr, but seen this song and dance before, and the longer it festered...I knew it would become a huge issue.

I'm more pissed because it didn't have to be as so......and that they allowed the complacency to continue because the win's glossed over a lot of the little issues....and yeah they were little, but at the same time huge, but easily fixed....and we didn't

I like Osh as a coach, but he needs to evolve a bit, and also put his stubborn personal biases to the side for the better of his team, and sometimes not be the buddy, but the guy who makes the hard decisions even tho its the tough one

Hard to believe that Osh being the player that he was wouldn't have put the Team first but it is what it is. Thing is, whose going to tell him to change if walters doesn't come back? 

2 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

This is exactly it. franchise best team last season and 1 point grey cup loss, yeah I can get behind running it back this year, but this was the only year you can really do that. age happens fast in football and if you don't actively get younger right now you will find yourself in a bad spot pretty quick. 

Yes. We ran it back after a 15-3 year.

We did 14-4 and came up 4 points short. There are some things that hurt us and hopefully some quality recruiting shores those spots up. 

1 minute ago, Jesse said:

Not what cost us today. Today was the failure of the starting crew.

Depth is what wins you games. You have small rosters in the CFL. You need backups who can play, who can spell off people to keep them fresh. 2019 and 2021 this team had thebest depth and won because of it. THis year not so much. We played most games short handed. 

Just now, Goalie said:

Sp teams sucking was the only consistent thing other than Oliviera feasting 

and we were told it was due to a new scheme they changed for no apparent reason...so after 3/4 of yrs of it sucking...maybe go back to what worked?...call me crazy  but.....

Just now, 17to85 said:

Depth is what wins you games. You have small rosters in the CFL. You need backups who can play, who can spell off people to keep them fresh. 2019 and 2021 this team had thebest depth and won because of it. THis year not so much. We played most games short handed. 

That is such a generic thing to say though.

Today, in this game, our starters did not win this game. Zach didn't sustain drives. Our D let CoFaj walk all over them.

Just now, TBURGESS said:

Was watching the pre-game show. Naylor and Farhan said that MOS was making all the decisions since the middle of the yrear & that Walters hadn't been offered a new contract yet. IF that's the case, then I could see Walters moving on.

yeah I caught that too....and I think thats why Osh seemed to have to answer to nobody in regards to his poor roster moves

Just now, Booch said:

and we were told it was due to a new scheme they changed for no apparent reason...so after 3/4 of yrs of it sucking...maybe go back to what worked?...call me crazy  but.....

yeah that always sounded like an excuse to me. Depth is gone and getting old and when the roster guys who don't play anywhere...... this was a poorly built roster with enough star power to overcome it most weeks

Just now, Jesse said:

Yes. We ran it back after a 15-3 year.

We did 14-4 and came up 4 points short. There are some things that hurt us and hopefully some quality recruiting shores those spots up. 

Problem is the guy who gets paid the most sucks absolute donkey balls in the playoffs and has for some time now. Reality, we win with Fajardo tonight 

1 minute ago, TBURGESS said:

Was watching the pre-game show. Naylor and Farhan said that MOS was making all the decisions since the middle of the yrear & that Walters hadn't been offered a new contract yet. IF that's the case, then I could see Walters moving on.

That is shocking, if true. This team could fall off a cliff next season. 

Just now, Jesse said:

That is such a generic thing to say though.

Today, in this game, our starters did not win this game. Zach didn't sustain drives. Our D let CoFaj walk all over them.

u keep goiung back to the same argument....and this occured all yr...but when the starters were not getting it done...we had nobody to come in to kick start it...or we had a coach who refused to make that call