Winnipeg Versus the Ponies Aka Battle of the Reserves GDT

rebusrankin

Just now, wbbfan said:

He makes 100k and can’t contribute any thing on teams blocking or catching. He’s got no consistent ability to grind out tough yards either. It’s not a myth. We need a young cheap ni rb who can contribute to a game day roster. 

He grinded out yards in this game and has a 6 yards per carry average this season,  you are 100% incorrect in your assessment.       

Now if you are suggesting that we use Demski as our back up RB and cut him then maybe I can understand,  but why cut a guy who has proven that he can play for a rookie only to save maybe $20 grand?  

1 minute ago, Brandon said:

He grinded out yards in this game and has a 6 yards per carry average this season,  you are 100% incorrect in your assessment.       

Now if you are suggesting that we use Demski as our back up RB and cut him then maybe I can understand,  but why cut a guy who has proven that he can play for a rookie only to save maybe $20 grand?  

The only reason I might agree with losing him is to scavenge every penny to keep schoen. We will have to lose some.  

2 minutes ago, Brandon said:

At the beginning of this season I was told Houston was a top 3 DB in this league from people on this board.    Do people still feel this way about him?

I remember that....yeah, you were roundly mocked by all and sundry for suggesting he was not good.

Edited by Mark F

3 minutes ago, Brandon said:

More like 40 grand.  And you make 3-4 of those decisions you can keep all the receivers.

Augustine only plays in situations that don't matter, so that tells you something about how he's valued, along with how much you should value his stats.