Bombers @ TiCats: GDT

Noeller

1 minute ago, 17to85 said:

Disagree with your disagreement.  If collaros has a weakness it's the short game. Yeah he can do it, but he lacks the touch on some of it and is usually looking further downfield. Just who he is as a qb. It's half the reason he hated his time in sask. Mcadoo was all short passes all the time. 

And that's what coaching is.  Building up your team and your players, building from their strengths to improve their weaknesses.

Teams are sitting on the 4-5 concepts Collaros loves.  Need adjustment.

2 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

And that's what coaching is.  Building up your team and your players, building from their strengths to improve their weaknesses.

Teams are sitting on the 4-5 concepts Collaros loves.  Need adjustment.

I felt they went away from the run game too quickly too. Likely because the D was **** to start, but still it was all bombs away after the first couple series. 

2 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Rambling nonsense?  Ha, ha. Sure, like you saying that Matthews didn't win much without a HOF qb? He won 236 games over 25 seasons in the CFL as a HC which is second all time behind Wally. He won 5 Grey Cups with 4 different teams & won COTY 5 times. Yeah, he sure didn't win much without a HOF qb. Neither did any HOF Head Coach. Like Cal Murphy with Tom Clements. Frank Clair with Russ Jackson. Eagle Keys with Ron Lancaster. Bud Grant with Ken Ploen & Hugh Campbell with both Tom Wilkinson & Warren Moon. Rambling nonsense. Lol. 

Buono developed a bunch of QB's.  Almost won with Danny Barrett who was not a great QB, Flutie, Garcia, Dickenson, Printers, Lulay.  Matthews didn't.  All vets all the time.  DeWalt, Austin, Ham, Flutie, Calvillo...all at their peak.

25 minutes ago, MOBomberFan said:

We'll never know til he gets a shot. Eli's mass alone probably stops that one sack where they blasted between Kola and Gray

Eli is simply a more physical player and is a NI to boot.  Starting him just gives you more freedom to dress playmakers in positions of need.

Just now, 17to85 said:

I felt they went away from the run game too quickly too. Likely because the D was **** to start, but still it was all bombs away after the first couple series. 

Don't think it was there, Hamilton was in bear fronts all night.  The pass heavy stuff was smart, just need to attack width as well as vertical.  Can get Oliviera the ball out wide too around the front.

58 minutes ago, Booch said:

Hmm....have been saying that for weeks if nothing was changed....is it clear now??

Not get rid of a few...shuffle the deck....we have guys inhouse who would help bigtime...but we continue to hamstring roster with poor player management..and not using the nationalized American ain't helping either...all teams use it....but us....why?

Oh, I know we do…. But I’d be shocked if anything changed.

Just now, JuranBoldenRules said:

Buono developed a bunch of QB's.  Almost won with Danny Barrett who was not a great QB, Flutie, Garcia, Dickenson, Printers, Lulay.  Matthews didn't.  All vets all the time.  DeWalt, Austin, Ham, Flutie, Calvillo...all at their peak.

So what? He won. How he did it or how he won is immaterial. His style of coaching won him games. And the fact that he was a player's coach & buddy buddy with his players until they didn't perform. Then it was all business. They were gone. You ask anyone who played for him. They loved the guy but they knew they better play hard for him or else. Players knew they had to perform so the fear factor was always there. I don't think any of us have that feeling about O'Shea. The same players always play other than returners. No matter how they perform. 

Just now, JuranBoldenRules said:

I don't see any risk in dressing that returner they just signed for a look.  Maybe put in a play or two for him on O too.  They don't even use Jackson on O.  Losing a 260 lb guy chasing kicks shouldn't hurt if you keep Parker on to do that as well.

I agree but why doesn't O'Shea actually do that??

1 minute ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

I don't see any risk in dressing that returner they just signed for a look.  Maybe put in a play or two for him on O too.  They don't even use Jackson on O.  Losing a 260 lb guy chasing kicks shouldn't hurt if you keep Parker on to do that as well.

No but, if we take off Jackson our special teams will collapse…..  Oh wait, check that….

3 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

So what? He won. How he did it or how he won is immaterial. His style of coaching won him games. And the fact that he was a player's coach & buddy buddy with his players until they didn't perform. Then it was all business. They were gone. You ask anyone who played for him. They loved the guy but they knew they better play hard for him or else. Players knew they had to perform so the fear factor was always there. I don't think any of us have that feeling about O'Shea. The same players always play other than returners. No matter how they perform. 

Matthews was basically Chris Jones dealt a better hand.  His Grey Cups were DeWalt, Ham (team of all imports), Flutie, Flutie, Calvillo.  All guys in their absolute prime.  As soon as the situation turned, Matthews was gone.  He never built anything is what I'm saying and had a lot of mediocre teams, parachuted into amazing circumstances.  Buono built everything.

O'Shea built everything here.  Don Matthews is not someone I respect.

10 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

When isn't our defense ****? We can't rush & therefore we can't cover. We knew our DL was garbage & nothing has been done to improve it. 

1 minute ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Matthews was basically Chris Jones dealt a better hand.  His Grey Cups were DeWalt, Ham (team of all imports), Flutie, Flutie, Calvillo.  All guys in their absolute prime.  As soon as the situation turned, Matthews was gone.  He never built anything is what I'm saying and had a lot of mediocre teams, parachuted into amazing circumstances.  Buono built everything.

O'Shea built everything here.  Don Matthews is not someone I respect.

Well 236 wins & 5 wins says otherwise. He still won. And like I said every HOF coach won with HOF qbs. In the CFL & NFL. But this isn't about how Matthews won. It's how he made his players accountable & the consequences of playing badly.

Same with Wally & Cal Murphy. You better perform or else. One of my Facebook friends named Paul Clatney played for both. He told me that Murphy could be mean & cruel to his players. Guys were afraid of him. Yet, he won.

Anyway, we're just going around in circles here. You don't like Matthews. I don't either but I respect the fact he did win. We can leave it at that if you want & move on. 

6 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

When isn't our defense ****? We can't rush & therefore we can't cover. We knew our DL was garbage & nothing has been done to improve it. 

Hyperbole. I am not a huge fan of Ritchie halls bend but don't break D, but it doesn't usually look like it did today. They've been among the top defenses most of the year.

Just now, SpeedFlex27 said:

Well 236 wins & 5 wins says otherwise. He still won. And like I said every HOF coach won with HOF qbs. In the CFL & NFL. But this isn't about how Matthews won. It's how he made his players accountable & the consequences of playing badly.

Same with Wally & Cal Murphy. You better perform or else. One of my Facebook friends named Paul Clatney played for both. He told me that Murphy could be mean & cruel to his players. Guys were afraid of him. Yet, he won.

Anyway, we're just going around in circles here. You don't like Matthews. I don't either but I respect the fact he did win. We can leave it at that if you want & move on. 

Don Matthew's was a spot picker. Massively over rated *******.

Just now, 17to85 said:

Hyperbole. I am not a huge fan of Ritchie halls bend but don't break D, but it doesn't usually look like it did today. They've been among the top defenses most of the year.

They look more like 2017 now than 2021. We need a pass rush Yey we do nothing to improve it. So frustrating.

Don Matthew's was a spot picker. Massively over rated *******.

Not about that. About how he treated his players. 

2 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

I could have coached the 96-97 Argos to Grey Cups and I wasn't even in junior high yet.

21 minutes ago, voodoochylde said:

Eli is simply a more physical player and is a NI to boot.  Starting him just gives you more freedom to dress playmakers in positions of need.

I believe you when you say he's more physical, he has demonstrated that, but Kola is also a NI, that's who he'd be replacing, there is no added flexibility unless I'm missing something (totally possible)

2 minutes ago, MOBomberFan said:

I believe you when you say he's more physical, he has demonstrated that, but Kola is also a NI, that's who he'd be replacing, there is no added flexibility unless I'm missing something (totally possible)

They're both NIs so upgrading the position is just a straight upgrade and instead of having 7 OL on the roster (plus a DI FB) we could have another useful body on STs?

They're both NIs so upgrading the position is just a straight upgrade and instead of having 7 OL on the roster (plus a DI FB) we could have another useful body on STs?

Is Kola really the problem? I think he's doing okay. That safety blitz they missed was between him & Neufeld. They both didn't see him coming but neither did Zach.