3 stars plus hh down town Dru brown

wbbfan

Why do folks believe they know more than Refs about how to interpret the rules? If it wasn't challenged, then you could say it should have been a penalty, but this one was challenged and it still wasn't a penalty. Obviously the refs interpreted the rule is differently than most of the fans here do. 

That's not to say that the Refs are perfect. For example the Bighill hit last game was a terrible call. If it had been challenged, I expect it would have been overturned. 

On 2023-08-11 at 10:56 AM, rebusrankin said:

I'm not a ref but I can google search and read. By my count, there a 4 clear violations of the rule on that play. I'd be curious to hear from @Booch or @JuranBoldenRules or @wbbfan on my analysis.

You nailed it. Easy rtp. 
 A bomber fan did a screen grab where you can see the ball out of collaros hand and not by a small margin and ealy was still on his feet. He took atleast a step then dove. Then he dropped his full body weight on a defenceless downed collaros, targeting and hitting his head. Game speed, fast forward, pause, slow mo doesn’t matter. That was a penalty several times over. 

On 2023-08-11 at 2:44 PM, Sard said:

Contact with the QBs head when he's the one who caused it by ducking into the contact has been called before, so I don't buy that excuse from the offical/command centre.

exactly. Jeffcoat has been called twice for rtp on sacks where the qb ducks and goes head first into his arm. If that’s a flag every time then hitting a downed defenceless qb in the head is one too. 
 That part should’ve been a misconduct. They should’ve penalized him twice on the play. 

No interpretation is needed. No speed matters. zero tolerance on hits to the head of the qb. Thats the rule. 

They called a horse collar on us the previous week that goes entirely against the spirit action and intent of a horse collar as well. But collaros was spun by an arm inside his name plate in the exact motion of a horse collar. If he didn’t slip out of that it could’ve been a career ending  injury. 

18 minutes ago, Booch said:

Yeah ..can't see much diff in both

Sure you can.  

One is a marquis quarterback and the reigning most outstanding player and the other is a guy you wouldn’t miss if he wasn’t in your lineup each week.

The CFL made a huge mistake Thursday and it’s not a good look.

5 minutes ago, voodoochylde said:

Sure you can.  

One is a marquis quarterback and the reigning most outstanding player the other is a guy you wouldn’t miss if he wasn’t in your lineup each week.

Yes. The league made a mistake. Confirmed by the fine that will be leveled against the Edmonton d man. 

1. Dru Brown

I give Collaros a lot of latitude based on what’s he’s done with the team since he’s been here but he didn’t look sharp and I’m not sure we win if he stayed in the game.  Dru gets my first star for being calm, composed and for being efficient with the ball (not to mention leading us to a win and overcoming a 22 point deficit).

2. Kenny Lawler

Second star for the simple fact his play making ability is a difference maker.  With a man draped all over him, he makes a one handed grab in the end zone when we needed it. 

3. Evan Holm

I’ve been beating this drum since the preseason and while he hasn’t been spectacular, he’s been one of our better DBs all year.  His pick was what I’ve been waiting to see out of him .. he can run, is positionally sound and is growing as a player each week but hasn’t turned the ball over. This week, we needed a play on defence to get some momentum and swagger back and Holm delivered.

Happy Honker.  Brady Olivera

Hard running and good chunks of yardage when we needed it, especially in the fourth.  He may not have the short area burst that SOME backs have but he’s a guy who can salt a game away if given a chance.

2 hours ago, voodoochylde said:

Sure you can.  

One is a marquis quarterback and the reigning most outstanding player and the other is a guy you wouldn’t miss if he wasn’t in your lineup each week.

Well...other than that lol

On 2023-08-13 at 5:12 PM, voodoochylde said:

Sure you can.  

Obviously your comment is tongue in cheek… but there is one major difference… the BC player still had the ball in his hand, thus making him eligible to be hit… still kid of amazed it wasn’t called on Collaros