Bombers @ LOLKs: Week Of Aug 10 Thread

Noeller

2 minutes ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

My buddy was in Ottawa for the epic collapse. He was giving it to them pretty hard, even starting a key gingling "Beat The Traffic" chant midway through the 4th lol. And then had to sit there and get back slaps and taunts from dozens of Redblack fans as they left the stadium lol.

This was me in Regina in 07, ******* Joseph.

11 minutes ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

My buddy was in Ottawa for the epic collapse. He was giving it to them pretty hard, even starting a key gingling "Beat The Traffic" chant midway through the 4th lol. And then had to sit there and get back slaps and taunts from dozens of Redblack fans as they left the stadium lol.

this is my nightmare!! It's a big part of why I've never gone to a game in IGF West. I couldn't handle losing to those assholes among those "fans"...Mentally, I just couldn't handle it, so I don't go. Calgary and Edmonton is bad enough.... sat through so many beatings. One year at Commonwealth, we had the stupid ******* mascot all over us beaking and what not...... thought i was going to die from rage overload. 

49 minutes ago, Noeller said:

I have to head up by Edmonton for work on Friday, so I decided to switch some things around and head up for the game Thursday night. I am forever terrified of being the guy in the opponents jersey when the home team embarrasses us. Like, I don't want to be the guy in the jersey of the team that finally let Edm finally win a home game.... ugh. I have spent enough time in both Commonwealth and McMahon where the Bombers got embarrassed and I had to hear all about it. Terrified of that tomorrow......but still have confidence in the fact that we're just flat-out a much much better team than Edmonton, so it SHOULD be okay........ 

Difference is: you can have a whole section to yourself...downside being, you would absolutely be a camera magnet for TSN should the unthinkable happen. 

4 minutes ago, Pete Catan's Ghost said:

Difference is: you can have a whole section to yourself...downside being, you would absolutely be a camera magnet for TSN should the unthinkable happen. 

Curious what the crowd is like tomorrow night. I have a ticket in the nosebleeds behind the Bombers bench, but I suspect that I can move way down as the game goes along...

1 minute ago, Stickem said:

I think Noeller should get himself a 'Don't Blame Me' tee shirt .........that would cover everything

Honestly thought my "Puts up the GDT a day early" snafoo last week was going to get me banned from here when we inevitably lost to BC........but the fellas bailed me out. Hopefully this week my presence at Commonwealth isn't a curse............ 

58 minutes ago, Noeller said:

I have to head up by Edmonton for work on Friday, so I decided to switch some things around and head up for the game Thursday night. I am forever terrified of being the guy in the opponents jersey when the home team embarrasses us. Like, I don't want to be the guy in the jersey of the team that finally let Edm finally win a home game.... ugh. I have spent enough time in both Commonwealth and McMahon where the Bombers got embarrassed and I had to hear all about it. Terrified of that tomorrow......but still have confidence in the fact that we're just flat-out a much much better team than Edmonton, so it SHOULD be okay........ 

I have been in alberta for 16 years and have witnessed a lot of losses haha.  But over the last few years I haven’t seen a loss live so I really want it to stay that way tomorrow!

4 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Curious what the crowd is like tomorrow night. I have a ticket in the nosebleeds behind the Bombers bench, but I suspect that I can move way down as the game goes along...

We had 5 tickets right behind the bench and I added another 7 without any questions.  I talked to the sales rep about getting 7 more and he didn’t even charge me for them because they are just wanting to get fans in the crowd 

5 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Honestly thought my "Puts up the GDT a day early" snafoo last week was going to get me banned from here when we inevitably lost to BC........but the fellas bailed me out. Hopefully this week my presence at Commonwealth isn't a curse............ 

I feel like there will be more bombers fans than Elks fans 

Do the Elks have a home win in their brief history? I feel like they haven't for some reason.  I'm 80 percent confident we win tomorrow regardless and I say 80 cuz there's always a chance we could lose, turnovers, penalties, distracted by the huge empty looking stadium. 

Edited by Goalie

here's hoping fellas! Got a fun couple of days with "work" east of Edmonton, and would love to kick it off right with a great time at Commonwealth tomorrow night... super weird going by myself. Wife and various buddies have to stay home for work, so going solo on this one. Can't remember the last time I ever did that. 

2 minutes ago, Noeller said:

here's hoping fellas! Got a fun couple of days with "work" east of Edmonton, and would love to kick it off right with a great time at Commonwealth tomorrow night... super weird going by myself. Wife and various buddies have to stay home for work, so going solo on this one. Can't remember the last time I ever did that. 

I gave you the trophy because going by yourself means you a winner bro.  Champ. For real. No BS. You better be loud n proud. There will be lots of bombers fans in Edmonton tho 

Edited by Goalie

1 minute ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

I was at the Bomber game last Thursday and I was disappointed by the lack of “BC sucks” Chants. They were hilarious to me every time we got one going but after a huge lead no one seemed to want to do them anymore.

Could hear it on TV at times earlier 

1 minute ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

I was at the Bomber game last Thursday and I was disappointed by the lack of “BC sucks” Chants. They were hilarious to me every time we got one going but after a huge lead no one seemed to want to do them anymore.

Yeah, they just couldn't get it going. It was odd because BC does suck and they sucked the suckiest suck sucks last Thursday. 

34 minutes ago, Noeller said:

I dont think I've ever met a more Nervous Nellie than you, Noeller. 

Edited by Piggy 1

3 hours ago, bearpants said:

the lack of DL rotation makes me nervous... not just for in-game replacement... but for wearing out Jeffcoat (and Willie, for that matter) in the early-mid season... I'd rather Jeffcoat take lots of snaps off now and be ready to go 100% in November...

As for the NA rule... let me see if I have this correct... from Edmonton's perspective (because they are actually using it)... Ealy will "start" the game (i.e. play one snap) then sub out for Ceresna... then throughout the game, the can run Ceresna and Ealy for 23 snaps, as Ceresna would technically be subbing in for Canadian starter Nelson at that point... seems like something we should be using...

Flipping that over to us... we could list Walker as the NA... "start" Fox... then play 23 snaps with both of them as Walker would be subbing for Thomas... 

Walker doesn't have the tenure to be nationalized.  They should be doing it with Bailey and Jeffcoat though.

2 hours ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

I was in BC for the big playoff collapse in 2016, the Medlock 61 yard fg attempt one where we blew a 25-6 halftime lead.

as the kick landed 5 yards short, some drunk BC fans actually apologized to me with genuine sadness because I guess I looked that devastated. I have seen the bombers lose sooooo many close games in BC....

15 minutes ago, johnzo said:

I was in BC for the big playoff collapse in 2016, the Medlock 61 yard fg attempt one where we blew a 25-6 halftime lead.

as the kick landed 5 yards short, some drunk BC fans actually apologized to me with genuine sadness because I guess I looked that devastated. I have seen the bombers lose sooooo many close games in BC....

That hit by Loffler on Arceneaux was clean and the penalty changed the game.