Bombers @ LOLKs: Week Of Aug 10 Thread

Noeller

4 minutes ago, greenrider55 said:

God was that awesome. Ever since Betts sacked Fine on a meaningless last play of the game and was dancing around like an idiot… no time for him. It’s a shame as I think Ryan Phillips is a smart coach.

Yup...waving and being a moron...never have liked him .. apparently Lotsa players don't either...

3 hours ago, Rod Black said:

That penalty call was the worst of all time. Timing couldn’t have been lousier. 

The hit was clean(point of contact was not the head), but i think it fell into that whole defenseless player rule. Here is the NFL definition for a receiver, i would imagine ours is similar:

1. A receiver attempting to catch a pass who has not had time to clearly become a runner. If the player is capable of avoiding or warding off the impending contact of an opponent, he is no longer a defenseless player. So the way i read that is Arceneault was reaching out and attempting to catch the pass, the ball was not caught so he never established himself as a runner(having possession), and during this catch attempt did not have the time to avoid Loffler, hence he was still in a defenseless position, there for it was a penalty.
Edited by Bubba Zanetti

10 hours ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

The hit was clean(point of contact was not the head), but i think it fell into that whole defenseless player rule. Here is the NFL definition for a receiver, i would imagine ours is similar:

1. A receiver attempting to catch a pass who has not had time to clearly become a runner. If the player is capable of avoiding or warding off the impending contact of an opponent, he is no longer a defenseless player. So the way i read that is Arceneault was reaching out and attempting to catch the pass, the ball was not caught so he never established himself as a runner(having possession), and during this catch attempt did not have the time to avoid Loffler, hence he was still in a defenseless position, there for it was a penalty.

The NFL rule might have been in place already at that time but I am pretty sure the CFL didn't adopt their version of that rule until a couple seasons later. 

Just now, bearpants said:

no, the penalty against Bighill last week may have ben one of the worst of all time... luckily it had zero impact on the game

yeah...that was just pathetic.....worst call have seen in a long time....and we have seen so may pathetic calls thats saying something

17 hours ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Walker doesn't have the tenure to be nationalized.  They should be doing it with Bailey and Jeffcoat though.

fair... I thought Walker being in his third year had enough time... but anyways, I was just using a quick example to mirror what Edm is doing... you are right that Jeffcoat would probably be the ideal candidate,

On 2023-08-09 at 9:53 PM, Bubba Zanetti said:

You could be right. A Morningbigblue video review might help. But it sure felt like the worst call of all time cuz we, the underdogs, were going to win. 

13 hours ago, bearpants said:

no, the penalty against Bighill last week may have ben one of the worst of all time... luckily it had zero impact on the game

Biggie didn’t get upset one bit either. He knew it was a dumb call and just kept playing. Being ahead hugely allows a guy to stay cool. 

The reffing in Edmonton was one of -the- all time worst officiating performances I’ve ever witnessed.  Thinking back, I could almost believe this crew took issue with Bighill and Lawler’s criticisms last week.  Sure looked like they were out to prove a point at the Bombers’ expense… usually incompetence of that magnitude goes both ways in a game.