Week (7) of E(l)ks at Bombers

JCon

57 minutes ago, Jesse said:

Why would you want a DB playing WIL?

I don't honestly care where Exume plays but as a Natl. who is athletic and has a nose for the ball he has the potential to be a ratio changer.  I think he's worth developing and shouldn't expect to waste his entire career chasing down punts like Derek Jones did. 

Edited by Fatty Liver

2 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Eli started 4 or 5 games at C in 2021 when couture was hurt. 

Couture didn't get hurt until last season when Eli wasn't here.  Started all 14, West Final and Grey Cup in 2021.

Speller started the 19 playoffs when Couture got hurt and Eli was the 6th OL for 19 playoffs and Grey Cup.

Edited by JuranBoldenRules

56 minutes ago, Jesse said:

Why would you want a DB playing WIL?

Wil is more of a strong saftey position these days in the cfl. Clements is 216 Cole is 207 kyrie is 215 Briggs is 211. More and more teams are going to bigger sams and smaller wils to the point where soon you won’t see much of a physical difference. 

1 minute ago, wbbfan said:

Wil is more of a strong saftey position these days in the cfl. Clements is 216 Cole is 207 kyrie is 215 Briggs is 211. More and more teams are going to bigger sams and smaller wils to the point where soon you won’t see much of a physical difference. 

None of those weights is really a DB size though. 

1 minute ago, Fatty Liver said:

I think Neufeld missed some games in 2021 and Eli filled in.

This seems most likely 

3 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Couture didn't get hurt until last season when Eli wasn't here.  Started all 14, West Final and Grey Cup in 2021.

Speller started the 19 playoffs when Couture got hurt and Eli was the 6th OL for 19 playoffs and Grey Cup.

Couture was hurt in 21. speller moved to C for the play offs he was at G before that. 
 We also used to use Eli at C and guard on the heavy set and kick the smaller inside guys out side. 

2 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

He missed most of 19 which opened the door for Gray.  You guys might forget that Cody Speller was the starting guard over Desjarlais for half that season.  Eli was hardly on the roster.

Speller was a good one. Went to Toronto and disappeared after I think. Injuries maybe? 

1 minute ago, Booch said:

I'd like to see when everyone is healthy a trio of Wilson - Biggie - Cole to be honest...with Clements as the DA rotating in...he's actually really excelled this yr off the edge in some sets too...that would be a trio with phenomenal sideline to sideline coverage

That probably takes Darby out of the lineup?

1 minute ago, Booch said:

I'd like to see when everyone is healthy a trio of Wilson - Biggie - Cole to be honest...with Clements as the DA rotating in...he's actually really excelled this yr off the edge in some sets too...that would be a trio with phenomenal sideline to sideline coverage

Any thing that involves pro football quality players on the roster would make me happy. 

2 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Couture was hurt in 21. speller moved to C for the play offs he was at G before that. 
 We also used to use Eli at C and guard on the heavy set and kick the smaller inside guys out side. 

Speller was a good one. Went to Toronto and disappeared after I think. Injuries maybe? 

2019 Couture went down in Game 18.  Speller came in at centre and also started half that season over Desjarlais.  The most common OL we used in 19 was Bryant-Speller-Couture-Gray-Hardrick with Desjarlais as the 6th.

Different team when they inserted Desjarlais.  Neufeld came back at the end of September.

2 hours ago, Geebrr said:

None of those weights is really a DB size though. 

This seems most likely 

Bigger dbs these days yeah. Darby is 206 des Lawrence is 6’0 202 Karamoko is 6’2 213. Every team has a couple dbs like that now. Lots of guys filling that moncrief type role, who as the Sam for the riders is bigger than our wils. 6’ 200 will probably the about the average size of the elks dbs tonight. 

17 hours ago, wbbfan said:

McManus

Konar

Judge

Lokombo

Lawrence

Teitz

Aren't exactly smaller Wills.  They the same body type, WLBs usually are.

15 hours ago, wbbfan said:

Bigger dbs these days yeah. Darby is 206 des Lawrence is 6’0 202 Karamoko is 6’2 213. Every team has a couple dbs like that now. Lots of guys filling that moncrief type role, who as the Sam for the riders is bigger than our wils. 6’ 200 will probably the about the average size of the elks dbs tonight. 

I’m not saying they don’t exist but I don’t think they’re the norm. 6’2 is a really big DB and he doesn’t play. 

Chris Jones has a body size fetish - they also aren’t a good secondary. 

6 hours ago, Geebrr said:

I’m not saying they don’t exist but I don’t think they’re the norm. 6’2 is a really big DB and he doesn’t play. 

Chris Jones has a body size fetish - they also aren’t a good secondary. 

It is though. Every team has a couple now. 

On 2023-07-20 at 2:47 PM, Fatty Liver said:

I don't honestly care where Exume plays but as a Natl. who is athletic and has a nose for the ball he has the potential to be a ratio changer.  I think he's worth developing and shouldn't expect to waste his entire career chasing down punts like Derek Jones did. 

I honestly had to double check to see if this was posted in 2019. I would hazard a guess that Exume is maybe our 14th string WIL

8 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Depends if Damian Jackson is dressed that week or not.

for all the good and the way he busts his ass and does his role well...that is just such an epic waste of a DA and we totally dodged a bullet...If say Walker had went down...Or one of Jeffs...Biggie...we would have been so f#$@#!d

29 minutes ago, Booch said:

for all the good and the way he busts his ass and does his role well...that is just such an epic waste of a DA and we totally dodged a bullet...If say Walker had went down...Or one of Jeffs...Biggie...we would have been so f#$@#!d

More chance for Bennett to look over the shoulder of the lineman carrying him downfield and yell to his teammates where the ball is headed.