Blue Bombers - 2023 Regular Season - Discussion Thread

JCon

12 minutes ago, Noeller said:

the biggest thing with the American DL coming in is the yard off the ball, right? 

Yea, for the interior guys that's a little strange to get used to, but for the DEs it should be easily overcome. Pre-snap motion is something to get used to as well.

Just now, GCn20 said:

Yea, for the interior guys that's a little strange to get used to, but for the DEs it should be easily overcome. Pre-snap motion is something to get used to as well.

for the ends...fast twitch guys and guys who can bend and get low....It's almost an advantage as they dont have the Tackles meat hooks into them immediately

3 minutes ago, Booch said:

for the ends...fast twitch guys and guys who can bend and get low....It's almost an advantage as they dont have the Tackles meat hooks into them immediately

Yea...for sure...getting that yard off the ball works for the DEs for sure. Interior guys not so much, they have to refine their technique a little more as bull rushing isn't as easy. Lots of distractions with the pre-snap for DEs though. Decisions on the fly based on motion.

Edited by GCn20

7 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

Yea...for sure...getting that yard off the ball works for the DEs for sure. Interior guys not so much, they have to refine their technique a little more as bull rushing isn't as easy. Lots of distractions with the pre-snap for DEs though. Decisions on the fly based on motion.

thats the one main thing with ends...if they can keep the contain...know when to crash nd recognize the pre-snap tendenciesthey can excel in no time...especially athletic ones

1 hour ago, Booch said:

thats the one main thing with ends...if they can keep the contain...know when to crash nd recognize the pre-snap tendenciesthey can excel in no time...especially athletic ones

It’s a bit different angle to the qb as well since you see much less te sets plus less running game in general. 
 A big under rated factor on D is you can see insanely long drives that you don’t see down south. 
 Football iq is a big factor. Guys have to be smart and disciplined. If they are they can perform at a high level almost right away. 

1 minute ago, Stickem said:

how about picking up some indepth on what's going on with the new arrival.....between munches of course...lol

thats the plan....I gonna go speak to a few peeps too if I get a chance...see if I can get something ol Tait and others won't put in print....maybe take a few snaps myself hahahahahaha

Edited by Booch

Wilson with helmet off...I assume non participant...but expected and he is fine..doing some maintenance stuff

Garbutt looks like a bit longer version of Haba... interesting to see his reps today

Fox so athletic for a bigger dude...if we would DA him instead of Jackson and give him reps...and use the Nationalized American rule and have sets with him and Walker together damn we would be in business..and so tough

Check that..Wilson is participating 

All offensive starters taking reps...shocked McRae is full participants too...swore he would have had a day off from what I saw his knee do in the game

Sorry to go off topic here and if this was already discussed my apologies, but it would not surprise me if we found out Walter's wanted to wait till next year to sign his deal. The trust factor imo is incredible. I do not think we will ever know the truth though one way or the other.😊

Did not see this elsewhere on MBB.  James Murphy is this year's Ring of Honor inductee. 

One of my earliest favorite Bombers, was crucial to our 1984-1990 Grey Cup wins, especially the 1988 one.  He is second only to Stegall as the Bombers's greatest receiver.

https://3downnation.com/2023/08/07/winnipeg-blue-bombers-to-add-james-murphy-to-ring-of-honour-at-ig-field/

Edited by johnzo

5 minutes ago, Noeller said:

My wife saw the post and asked me about it. Seemed really odd and out of character for WJ5. Still waiting for proof one way or another.

Several variations of the story. At the end of the day, it seems as though WJ bought a game for 15 bucks instead of 25 in exchange for an autographed poster. Not sure why the mom is so passed about this ALLEGED transaction

1 minute ago, Pepper_Brooks said:

And Trump won the election too right 😂 why even comment when your not applying critical thinking skills 

What a dumb take..smh. You are criticizing my refusal to entertain fake news by suggesting I listen to fake news...and you are criticizing my critical thinking? Smh

Edited by GCn20

10 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Strevy cut again. Looks like his thumb hit a helmet. At this point I think a return is just a matter of who and how much. Would love to have him back here running his package with prukop heading out. 

Dave Naylor is speculating that the injury will prevent his CFL return right now but next year is looking likely.

On 2023-08-07 at 3:29 PM, CFL Convert from Ohio said:

I'm sure that Strev has made more money flirting with the NFL, but it may have cost him an opportunity to have a long and successful CFL career. Presuming his fiery competiveness, though, it's easy to see how he would take the road he chose, and I doubt if he regrets it. 

He has and he finally qualified for his nfl pension. I suspect he will be ready to actually get to play again. 

On 2023-08-07 at 3:32 PM, Jesse said:

Dave Naylor is speculating that the injury will prevent his CFL return right now but next year is looking likely.

I think it makes things far more likely that he comes here to run the package. He ran roughshod on our gc run with a broken ankle. Thumbs hitting helmets generally recover in reasonable time as well. Plenty of time for him to be 100%. Doesn’t make sense for him to sign a big deal to be a teams starter, but a contenders package guys works and makes sense. 

On 2023-08-07 at 5:27 PM, wbbfan said:

He has and he finally qualified for his nfl pension. I suspect he will be ready to actually get to play again. 

I think it makes things far more likely that he comes here to run the package. He ran roughshod on our gc run with a broken ankle. Thumbs hitting helmets generally recover in reasonable time as well. Plenty of time for him to be 100%. Doesn’t make sense for him to sign a big deal to be a teams starter, but a contenders package guys works and makes sense. 

1. The one possibility would be to sign late in the year for a situation like that. Or perhaps jumping on with a play-off bound team with an injured starter. 

On 2023-08-07 at 5:36 PM, Jesse said:

1. The one possibility would be to sign late in the year for a situation like that. Or perhaps jumping on with a play-off bound team with an injured starter. 

He wouldn’t need to wait till late like the dead line. He could get on a roster by ld easily. 

7 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

He wouldn’t need to wait till late like the dead line. He could get on a roster by ld easily. 

the bombers broke the news with an announcement that he was suspended. It wasn’t broken by media. 

He certainly could. I just don't know how hurt he is or if he needs to wait for an injury settlement with the NFL to go through first.