Back 2 Back Losers @ Back 2 Back Champs - Pre-Game Thread

Noeller

5 minutes ago, Booch said:

5 yr starter at smaller school, and rookie camp invites nope dont excite me...not one bit...all kinds of slugs get those invites....cripes he was cut originally and brought back when we had an injury concern....prob cause he was still haNging around in city as he is buds with BO

He was cut but he was also a very late add to camp (he was signed on May 23rd, played in the preseason game on the 27th and then released on the 30th) so maybe they wanted to give him some more time to see what he can do?

7 minutes ago, Blueandgold said:

Haven’t been keeping up much this year, but when the hell are we going to replace our kicker? He sucked last year, and he sucks this year. I miss Medlock and Castillo.

Yeah, I can tell.

He hasn't missed a FG yet.....and he's been punting great. He missed two 1pt-ers......... so what? 

Edited by Noeller

33 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Yeah, I can tell.

He hasn't missed a FG yet.....and he's been punting great. He missed two 1pt-ers......... so what? 

^

His punting has been generally acceptable (some really nice punts, mostly average, relatively few stinkers)

4/4 on FG and 2/4 on converts - 75% ain't great but at least his misses have all been for 1 pt

52 minutes ago, BomberfanMKS said:

^

His punting has been generally acceptable (some really nice punts, mostly average, relatively few stinkers)

4/4 on FG and 2/4 on converts - 75% ain't great but at least his misses have all been for 1 pt

His punting and kick offs have been greatly improved over last year. I’m more than happy to take some lumps with him kicking 70+% and do the other jobs well. 

4 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

His punting and kick offs have been greatly improved over last year. I’m more than happy to take some lumps with him kicking 70+% and do the other jobs well. 

Agreed, but with the expectation he’ll continue to improve and start feeling more comfortable … Upping his consistency and percentage.

and the misses.... it's not like he's missing wide on good clean kicks.....the misses have been shitty kicks where he didn't get the ball clean off his foot. That's really easily fixable. I can't remember last week's, but in Week 1, his missed convert was just because he "chili-dipped" it as they say in golf.....got way under it. When he kicks it clean, he kicks it well. I have all the faith in the world in this kid, who kicked 93% in college. He'll be fine. 

1 hour ago, BomberfanMKS said:

^

No field goals over 39 yards. 

I just want Lieggs to be pushed and to learn. Can Mourtada push Lieggs? I don't see it. 

On 2022-06-23 at 1:40 PM, JCon said:

It's disappointing that it's going to rain tomorrow night (probably). This will mean the crowd will be wearing jackets and you won't see the white in the lower bowl. 

I'll be dry under the awning, in case you were worried. 

Is it going to rain?? The seats in section 232 are always dry!

28 minutes ago, Noeller said:

and the misses.... it's not like he's missing wide on good clean kicks.....the misses have been shitty kicks where he didn't get the ball clean off his foot. That's really easily fixable. I can't remember last week's, but in Week 1, his missed convert was just because he "chili-dipped" it as they say in golf.....got way under it. When he kicks it clean, he kicks it well. I have all the faith in the world in this kid, who kicked 93% in college. He'll be fine. 

I agree....but I don't know how long we can wait. And right now, if the game is on the line....I'm very nervous.

4 minutes ago, ddanger said:

Is it going to rain?? The seats in section 232 are always dry!

I agree....but I don't know how long we can wait. And right now, if the game is on the line....I'm very nervous.

The mid field upper deck seats are the best. Great view good access reasonable protection from the weather just the best. 

4 hours ago, Noeller said:

Yeah, I can tell.

Oh I’ve watched all of the games, I just haven’t followed the practice reports.

He’s 4/4 on FGs but his longest one is 30 yards and he’s 1/3 on converts. 70% isn’t a good percentage at all. It’s certainly not from 35 yards and under. He was a bad kicker last year and he’s still bad this year. 

Edited by Blueandgold