Three-peat Kickoff Countdown

12 hours ago, Noeller said:

So, speaking of "Countdown To Kickoff..." Just picked up our tix for the home opener on June 10th vs Ottawa. Already had the flights booked, so now we're all set. Going to be a hell of a weekend, with some brewery touring and maybe even wet a line in the river while we're home. Counting down the days, indeed......

I used to fish the Red River when I was a kid. We lived in Riverview so the river was very close. One time, I caught a 6 or 7 lb Silver Bass. I was so proud & I wanted my dad to see it. I thought he'd want to smoke or fry it up. He was heavily into fishing. He took one look at that fish & buried it on the spot in our garden. He wanted no part of any fish caught in the Red River.

Edited by SpeedFlex27

So Doug MacIver, Bob Molle, Moe Eliwonibi, Dan Goodspeed, Chris Greaves, Garry Sawatzky and Cornell Piper among others, but two stand above the rest:

aa9150bcdc94d56c7dfb1fe430968941.jpg

1 (a) Buddy Tinsley, who excelled on both sides of the ball after arriving from Baylor and the Pittsburgh Steelers, and was a team captain for 10 years and legend has it almost drowned in the infamous Mud Bowl, and this beast at #1:

f3681e9468906f97a7b5d8c627e3c216--canadi

Bill Frank.

I’ll let Speedflex offer up the bio to give him his proper due, since he witnessed his play live and I could not do it justice. But the dude was a behemoth for the time, towering over others. 
C94II79V0AAlwWQ.jpg

Edited by TrueBlue4ever

3 hours ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

So Doug MacIver, Bob Molle, Moe Eliwonibi, Dan Goodspeed, Chris Greaves, Garry Sawatzky and Cornell Piper among others, but two stand above the rest:

aa9150bcdc94d56c7dfb1fe430968941.jpg

1 (a) Buddy Tinsley, who excelled on both sides of the ball after arriving from Baylor and the Pittsburgh Steelers, and was a team captain for 10 years and legend has it almost drowned in the infamous Mud Bowl, and this beast at #1:

f3681e9468906f97a7b5d8c627e3c216--canadi

Bill Frank.

I’ll let Speedflex offer up the bio to give him his proper due, since he witnessed his play live and I could not do it justice. But the dude was a behemoth for the time, towering over others. 
C94II79V0AAlwWQ.jpg

Bill Frank: Eastern Conference All Star (Argos) 1966. 67, 68

Western Conference All Star (Bombers) 1970, 71, 72. 73

All Canadian: 1966, 67, 68, 70, 71, 72. 73

Member of Canadian Football Hall Of Fame.

19 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Duke played at Alabama & came into the CFL as a rookie with the Riders in 1970. He then played one season with the Lions in 1971. He played 4 seasons for the Bombers from 1972-75. Never missed a game. 

Kinda thought he was a homebrew. I recall when they tried him out at MLB. 

22 minutes ago, Noeller said:

You know what's awesome about that picture? Look at that helmet and the war(s) that it's been through........

Too bad his hands aren't in the picture. They could have called this guy Knuckles

Just now, TrueBlue4ever said:

You should see his fingers. 

LOL beat me to it

20 minutes ago, MOBomberFan said:

Too bad his hands aren't in the picture. They could have called this guy Knuckles

LOL beat me to it

Warning: the following contains graphic images some may find disturbing (especially Rider fans, who cannot boast a single player in their 112 year history with 3 rings):

DN1BnoCVoAALZOA?format=jpg&name=large

http://d3ham790trbkqy.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/sites/6/2017/04/1372786310-237x300.jpg

Pin on CFL vintage

MS-396 Edmonton Eskimos Football Club fonds City of Edmonton Archives 10440  108 Ave NW Edmonton Alberta Canada T5H 3Z9 Telephone: 780-496-8711 Fax:  780-496-8732 Email: cms.archives@edmonton.ca www.edmonton.ca/archives  2018-06-21 ...

Roger Savoie #62. Born in Winnipeg. He played his high school football at Provencher High School & played his junior football with the Winnipeg Rods. Savoie played 14 seasons with the Bombers from 1951-1964. He played in 7 Grey Cup games, winning four. Savoie was a 1962 Western Conference All Star at Offensive Tackle. He was a member of the Manitoba Sports Hall Of Fame.

Edited by SpeedFlex27

JamesWest_HOF.jpg

I like the action shots of players, but this photo of James West just perfectly encapsulates the man. He was a beast on the field and took his job seriously, but never seemed to take himself too seriously and always made every day a fun one. Always grinning or smiling for the cameras. Boundless spirit. One of my favourite players ever. 

7 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

JamesWest_HOF.jpg

I like the action shots of players, but this photo of James West just perfectly encapsulates the man. He was a beast on the field and took his job seriously, but never seemed to take himself too seriously and always made every day a fun one. Always grinning or smiling for the cameras. Boundless spirit. One of my favourite players ever. 

at 2019 GC in YYC..... a very very nice man! 

No photo description available.