Burke

Adrenaline_x

3 imports on the oline is just crazy enough to work and more evidence just how woeful the depth is.

Or more accurately, how stupid Tim Burke is.

The depth on this team isn't good, but there are 4 or 5 different ways to work the lineup better than putting in three import OL. What is his plan here? It can't be talent evaluation or MSW would be in to see what we have there and Pencer would continue to get a shot. But we can't actually be trying to win, right? And if we were trying to win, wouldn't we want to play a guy like Ian Wild, who has been a significant bright spot on the team? Sure doesn't seem worth starting an ineffective Will Ford at his expense. 

The funniest part about this is that the run game will still suck.

That's what drives me nuts the most.

If we're evaluating, he's doing it wrong.

If we're trying to win, he's doing it wrong.

The only way he's right is if we're just throwing darts at a dartboard to fill roster spots because hey, nobody can be wrong that way.

3 imports on the oline is just crazy enough to work and more evidence just how woeful the depth is.

Or more accurately, how stupid Tim Burke is.

The depth on this team isn't good, but there are 4 or 5 different ways to work the lineup better than putting in three import OL. What is his plan here? It can't be talent evaluation or MSW would be in to see what we have there and Pencer would continue to get a shot. But we can't actually be trying to win, right? And if we were trying to win, wouldn't we want to play a guy like Ian Wild, who has been a significant bright spot on the team? Sure doesn't seem worth starting an ineffective Will Ford at his expense. 

The funniest part about this is that the run game will still suck.

That's what drives me nuts the most.

If we're evaluating, he's doing it wrong.

If we're trying to win, he's doing it wrong.

The only way he's right is if we're just throwing darts at a dartboard to fill roster spots because hey, nobody can be wrong that way.

I hope Pencer is at least dressing as the 6th OL...at least then making a ratio change is possible...

But why would u want someone to be a coach if they have no drive to do so?

He could tank the teams he is coaching and force their hand

That's a good point, but if it were obvious, I wonder if he could be fired with cause and the contract voided?

It's not employment law, it's contract law. And CFL coaching contracts are guaranteed, as long as they're abided by.

The judge asks, "Did you, or did you not contract this person, to this position, for this time frame?" The 2nd question is "Has he or has he not abided by the terms of the contract?" In other words, has he or has he not been the Head Coach for this period... not how well has he performed. Guaranteed contracts suck... performance doesn't even enter the equation. He gets paid whether he rocks or sucks.

Deliberately tanking a team would be next-to-impossible to prove in court... so voiding is highly unlikely. Highly risky for us though... he can do a lot of damage as a dead-duck head coach. To our reputation, to the players, to their attitudes... to everything. Be sure that Wade Miller and Kyle Walters have a good thorough pulse on this, and will not hesitate to pull the plug if they think he's blowing up the ship before jumping overboard.

Then yes that sucks. Thanks for the explanation though!

Burke is being influenced by his offensive coaches. He's a clueless puppet.They tell HIM what they want & he just does it. A HC that knows **** about offense??? Unbelievable. I thought HC's were well rounded & were supposed to know all 3 aspects of the game. Not Burke & we're stuck with him.

Woah woah woah...there are THREE aspects to football?

no-way-tell-me-more.jpg

...my impression of Tim Burke ladies and gentlemen.  Thank you, thank you...I'm here all week.

Why not develop Pencer? He wasn't that bad last game. Morley and Sorenson got away with more than one bad game.

According to Burke, Pencer was terrible last week because he quits moving his feet...but he still has potential. You would think with a very good offensive line coach, that could have been overcome some time ago injury to shoulder or not.

It's hard to know what is true or not, from Burke, he is just bus throwing almost every day now...

This three import thing is ridiculous, it just prevents them from making better moves elsewhere...

Still a Goltz fan, he won the Banjo Bowl, our Grey Cup.  Probably the last Q.B. to win for us in 2013, that's epic!  Also a major factor in our other win as well.

Without his T.D's this team would be 0 and whatever.   

Wonder if we see him or Da'Bolt once Hall goes down again?  Like to see Da'Bolt as well in 2013.   

How can a pro head coach not know all three parts of the game??? Mind boggling!

I know, I've wondered that since the beginning.  How can you, as a defensive coach, not know offence when the whole point of defense is to plan your attack on how the offence works.  WOULDN'T YOU HAVE TO KNOW HOW THE OFFENCE FRIGGEN WORKS!?!!!???

No. But much like disagree with a lawless article doesn't mean he's a fat bald ugly stuttering hack with no writing ability, calling Burke a **** idiot coward is emotional. Does anyone truly believe Burke the man is a coward? Or that he knows nothing about football.

I guess I much prefer the intelligent football discussion that this board was created to promote not the name calling.

Having said that, if he bombers had won in overtime I do believe people would still be upset with the knee. But Burke isn't paid to "go for it". He's paid to win and he felt the knee have them the best chance. I don't agree

Even the best people get upset sometimes, it happens.

And there is they key word. If however that's replaced with always or most times, then it becomes an issue imho.