Week 10 - Non-Champ Edition

JCon

On 2021-10-13 at 3:54 PM, Goldkobra said:

I've always hated the "the draft is nothing but a crapshoot" line. Thats just an excuse for not doing your homework.  

Okay just for arguments' sake here is the current status of the entire first round of the 2019 CFL draft:

1. Shane Richards (OL) - Has played 9 games so far in 2021.
2. Jesse Gibbon (OL) - Played 9 games so far in 2021.
3. Mathieu Betts (DL) - 8 games in 2021, 8 tackles
4. Drew Desjarlais (OL) - 10 games in 2021
5. Jonathon Kongbo (DL) - 10 games in 2021, 5 tackles, 1 special teams tackle
6. Justin McInnis (WR) - 2 games in 2021, 2 catches on 3 targets for 17 yards, far as I can tell he's not injured
7. Alex Fontana (OL) - Currently not playing in 2021 due to personal reasons
(source: https://3downnation.com/2021/07/05/former-first-round-draft-pick-alex-fontana-will-not-play-for-redblacks-in-2021/)
8. Hergy Mayala (WR) - 9 games in 2021, 23 catches on 42 targets, 238 yards, 0 TDs.

So, I mean most of the guys above are contributing to their teams. I'm not a big trenches guy, so it's hard to say how good Richards and Gibbon are, but seeing as they've started every game for each team respectively, I'd assume they're valuable. Only ones that appear currently to be a bit of busts are McInnis and Fontana, but jury's still out on them, as it appears SSK is still developing McInnis, and Fontana may just be a short term thing as his absence is for personal reasons.

9 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Stamps are the heat team that isn't the Bombers but I still say they're not that good and don't worry me that much. When we're firing on all cylinders, we're just so much better than everyone. 

The great thing about us is a dominating D is so much more reliable than a dominating O. 

I watched the 2nd half of the Ottawa game... oh boy that Christison was absolutely awful... I had flashbacks of Alex Brink skipping balls into the dirt.   Dude ends up getting seriously hurt and I'd imagine their goes his football career.  That guy was awful.   

I don't see LaPolice lasting the season, he has to go that team looks just awful all around.    If I'm Ottawa I'm airlifting Harris in ASAP before the GM and HC lose their jobs.    

Montreal Shiltz is better then VA... but he's still not great by any means.

Pre Game for game #2... Barker says Reilly is MOP best QB in the league this year... I disagree.

BC Lions look flat as hell and are calling a terrible game on offense.

BLM is facing zero pressure and is throwing bombs with ease against a terrible BC defense.  

Calgary is definitely a threat IMO,   but I'll fully reserve judgement when they play outside in the cold against a defense who has some semblance of life.  

BC Lions looked completely un prepared and very lazy today,  not much effort at all after that long lay off.  

23 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

Calgary scares me with DD and BLM,plus a solid D and kicking game.

If it was supposed to be easy everyone could do it.

We went there for playoffs and won in 2019 and an Andrew Harris reception from possibly winning the West Final in 2018.

They can come here this time. 

Not scared of Calgary

The final reg season game will be a nothing burger in Calgary on Nov 20. We'll likely be resting starters and maybe they will too.... But it's curious because it'll also likely be a preview of the West Final, so the talking heads will try and make a really big deal out of it. 

Calgary looked like the Calgary of old last night because BLM looked like the QB he once was.

Calgary's definitively on the up swing. Gotta agree with others that they are the #2 team in the West and that they should host the semi. (Now that I've said it, watch the Riders go on a streak.)

14 hours ago, Noeller said:

Stamps are the best team that isn't the Bombers but I still say they're not that good and don't worry me that much. When we're firing on all cylinders, we're just so much better than everyone. 

They were also prevented the end zone and needed to kick 6 fgs against that putrid BC defense. 

Edited by Pete Catan's Ghost

14 hours ago, M.O.A.B. said:

Reilly will stay at BC. He is not interested in moving far away from home.

He may not have a year next year after the hits he's taken in bc. It might be a choice of football some place with a line and weapons or retirement. 

1 hour ago, rebusrankin said:

Calgary scares me with DD and BLM,plus a solid D and kicking game.

Not me. The 19 team was much better.