week four games

Mark F

21 minutes ago, Mark F said:

watching the lapo offence here, I am thinking we were lucky to win the grey cup.

this ottawa offence is not good.  seems to be playing to get field goals.  I guess it was harris that made it possible.

It may have been a confluence that may not be easy to repeat- Harris having a career year, the arrival of Collaros and the defence coming together at exactly the right time.

1 hour ago, Mark F said:

watching the lapo offence here, I am thinking we were lucky to win the grey cup.

I guess it was harris that made it possible.

yeah, don't overlook how bad Ottawa's talent on O is ... look at their O roster compared to the 2019 Bombers ... compare them position to position, there's not many positions where Ottawa has the superior talent.  I count zero but I might be missing someone.

They had two years to recruit and came up with Flanders as their starting tailback and Dom Davis (!) as their QB2, not to mention busted-up old guys like Nichols and Coombs. Their only real dangerous receiver is a holdover from 2019.  Just really brutal player personnel work there.  Lapo ain't helping them any but I don't think Don Matthews himself could win with that bunch.

Edited by johnzo

Ottawa likes to shoot themselves in the foot... earlier in the game they had two drives killed by terrible drops from the receivers.  The one time Nichols goes somewhat deep and Harris drops an easy one.    Later on Nichols looks absolutely foolish on the sack which killed the drive and the interception either slipped his hand or the arm strength just plain sucks and he throws a lame duck.

Also LaPo with the most obvious gameplan.  

I'm beginning to think that Ottawa may be better off with Jennings throwing bombs in hopes that at least 1/3 of them are completed because Nichols and the rest of company are just so mediocre.

18 minutes ago, Brandon said:

Ottawa likes to shoot themselves in the foot... earlier in the game they had two drives killed by terrible drops from the receivers.  The one time Nichols goes somewhat deep and Harris drops an easy one.    Later on Nichols looks absolutely foolish on the sack which killed the drive and the interception either slipped his hand or the arm strength just plain sucks and he throws a lame duck.

Also LaPo with the most obvious gameplan.  

I'm beginning to think that Ottawa may be better off with Jennings throwing bombs in hopes that at least 1/3 of them are completed because Nichols and the rest of company are just so mediocre.

371 yards 0 tds 2 picks in 3 starts. Brutal. They gotta do some thing. Trade for mbt or Masoli sign Jennings or at this point air lift some one in. 

Actually Brian Bennett might be a decent pick up. 

1 hour ago, 17to85 said:

Shame that the schedule makers didn't give us that free space on the bingo card 

Early season with an even longer layoff. Offenses were bound to come out of the gate slower.

Plus a lot of oc turn over from 2019. Lots of new systems. 

1 hour ago, 17to85 said:

Shame that the schedule makers didn't give us that free space on the bingo card 

Early season with an even longer layoff. Offenses were bound to come out of the gate slower.

Plus a lot of oc turn over from 2019. Lots of new systems. 

2 hours ago, Nolby said:

Nichols is fading,Lapo's check down offense continues to annoy another fan base,Ottawa is in trouble outside of their defense.

The thing was that he did have protection,  BC didn't bring much heat on Nichols at all.  Nichols seemed to have thrown better then his previous starts,  but yikes they have absolutely zero deep ball threat what so ever. 

37 minutes ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

Reading all the articles decrying Ottawa's conservative, check down offense...yikes. One article was blaming Nichols for being too conservative. News flash! He wasn't always that way...I wonder what it could be?

Spending so much time in winnipeg and Saskatchewan allowed lapo to skate by without actual real criticism. Now he will be seen for what he is.

PLAP's offence works when you have a decent QB, a good RB and a great O Line. Ottawa has none of those. Once they get behind, they can't open up the offence because Nichols deep ball accuracy is sub par. All they can do it the same thing and hope for zero drops. I'm surprised they even have 1 win this year.