GDT - Week 3 - The Champs @ Argos

JCon

Just now, Goalie said:

Back to back isn't easy in any sport. Today was an example of why. But it was also a very unbomber like game with all the penalties called. Not saying most weren't deserved but.. when the penalties are so 1 sided.. well.. it's a bit odd 

It's hardest in football too. 

Great teams don't get beat by chance. We had lots of opportunity to win the game despite the bs reffing. 

It's been shades of bad all year but this was an epic stinker for the refs. 3 flags on the argos. 2 no yards. 0 on there offense. Joke. 

6 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

Perspective. 

It’s one game. We were never as good on offence or special teams as the 2-0 start suggested, and not as bad on defence as the 30 points today suggest. One game does not “expose everything” on this team. 

Perhaps,  but it sure as spit exposed Miller, Crapigna, Nelson and Bailey.  Maybe even Pierce.

1 minute ago, Tracker said:

Perhaps,  but it sure as spit exposed Miller, Crapigna, Nelson and Bailey.  Maybe even Pierce.

Not really tho. I mean ppl all knew Nelson and Crap weren't great. Bailey didn't do much but nobody on O did. Miller missed a tackle and got beat by a guy who bests lots of guys. Exposed? Lol. Why so dramatic 

Just now, Goalie said:

Not really tho. I mean ppl all knew Nelson and Crap weren't great. Bailey didn't do much but nobody on O did. Miller missed a tackle and got beat by a guy who bests lots of guys. Exposed? Lol. Why so dramatic 

Bailey was awful. Darvin was worse but still awful. 

Miller missed 6 tackles in 2 games. 

Just now, Brandon said:

A thing to note from listening to Irving last week... he went out of his way to mention how Bailey is a very emotional guy and how the team ribs him and how he's very animated.  I usually associate those type of players with really high highs and really low lows if that makes any sense.   

His yt channel is all motivational speeches which are confusing and none sensical for the most part. Worth a look  

7 minutes ago, Goalie said:

I'll take a wait and see with our secondary - there was good and bad... I mean its still Richie Hall - when he doesn't dominate the line, its a 300+ yard game - we've seen it for years...

I wasn't sold on Josh Johnson but we need a SAM and we need a WIL desperately - the talent gap at those positions changes the way Hall calls the game and not in a good way...

Just now, Brandon said:

A thing to note from listening to Irving last week... he went out of his way to mention how Bailey is a very emotional guy and how the team ribs him and how he's very animated.  I usually associate those type of players with really high highs and really low lows if that makes any sense.   

Waiting for a high, any high he can demonstrate.

Just now, Floyd said:

I'll take a wait and see with our secondary - there was good and bad... I mean its still Richie Hall - when he doesn't dominate the line, its a 300+ yard game - we've seen it for years...

I wasn't sold on Josh Johnson but we need a SAM and we need a WIL desperately - the talent gap at those positions changes the way Hall calls the game and not in a good way...

Jj was poor but the rooks have been good. Darby in would be huge. 

I'm less worried about wil than our use of bighill. When we drop him back he is soo effective in the run and pass game. We need to stop sending him to eat up a tackler. 

3 minutes ago, Tracker said:

They were exposed before this game. Or was I wrong to say the coaches did not trust the kicking game? Miller has missed tackles for 3 games now with Josh Johnson injured. Nelson was proven to be an emergency back-up as a returner and receiver last year. Bailey has exposed how thin the receiving corps may actually be with one injury at any time. Pierce is learning to be an OC, I would give him some more time. 

6 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Jj was poor but the rooks have been good. Darby in would be huge. 

I'm less worried about wil than our use of bighill. When we drop him back he is soo effective in the run and pass game. We need to stop sending him to eat up a tackler. 

This is my point - Harris sends the LBs in pressure almost every down when the talent level is lower... and they get eaten up in the line

When Wilson is in and has the option to rush, Bighill drops back - I don't know if its the players choice or Hall's but there's a noticeable difference

7 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Truth. If we hit the 2 fgs it's 29 30. A 2 point conversion puts us in ot. 

We get points off of one missed FG, so we would have picked up 5 points, not 6. So still down by 1 even with a 2 point convert. And irrelevant since we couldn’t stop that last Argo drive and get the ball back. I have no faith in Crapigna, but we lost this game with terrible play along both the o and d-lines and our secondary playing soft on quick passes. 

1 minute ago, Floyd said:

This is my point - Harris sends the LBs in pressure almost every down when the talent level is lower... and they get eaten up in the line

When Wilson is in and has the option to rush, Bighill drops back - I don't know if its the players choice or Hall's but there's a noticeable difference

It's Hall. The adjustment late last year was coaching too. They don't send a lber to get pressure they sacrifice one to eat up a blocker and make the ol man up the Jeffs. I haven't seen a db blitz yet this year. Or a delay or a shift to get the lber off the edge. 

Just now, TrueBlue4ever said:

We get points off of one missed FG, so we would have picked up 5 points, not 6. So still down by 1 even with a 2 point convert. And irrelevant since we couldn’t stop that last Argo drive and get the ball back. I have no faith in Crapigna, but we lost this game with terrible play along both the o and d-lines and our secondary playing soft on quick passes. 

You're right we got 1 single. A lot of blame to go around. And despite that nearly won. 

10 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

It's Hall. The adjustment late last year was coaching too. They don't send a lber to get pressure they sacrifice one to eat up a blocker and make the ol man up the Jeffs. I haven't seen a db blitz yet this year. Or a delay or a shift to get the lber off the edge. 

My autocorrect must wish that Richard Harris was our DC... I do too.

The adjustment last year was that Kyrie Wilson or Bighill were the one's spying...  Hall sends an LB with an option to blitz but he needs top notch game sense to decide what option to take. A split second makes a huge difference in gap coverage.

Anyway, I really like Briggs but he's just not a starting WIL.

4 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

You're right we got 1 single. A lot of blame to go around. And despite that nearly won. 

I'm back- the dog is relieved and I am not. The score flattered the Bombers and Collaros looked like he should be a backup somewhere. We are going to go through some teething problems with a new OC, but Collaros' passes were the poorest I've seen since he became a Bomber and the receivers were of little help.

Wolitarsky showed last season that he could both catch and punish DB's but, IMO, he is wasted at wideout.

This is the game where the offense needed to shine and they didn't.  Make no mistake that a healthy Andrew Harris makes the defenses respect the run game more.  It's that simple.  He gets in the lineup we have a 2-dimensional offense.   Olivera might be able to get to that level but he won't be there for a couple years at least.  Defense is the only reason we are 2 and 1.  And the d kept us close all game... Despite the lopsided time of possession..  it's probably going to be some growing pains with Buck as OC.  I'm always hopeful that we sweep the back-to-back against the riders but I have a feeling labor Day is going to really be bad .

21 minutes ago, Tracker said:

I'm back- the dog is relieved and I am not. The score flattered the Bombers and Collaros looked like he should be a backup somewhere. We are going to go through some teething problems with a new OC, but Collaros' passes were the poorest I've seen since he became a Bomber and the receivers were of little help.

Wolitarsky showed last season that he could both catch and punish DB's but, IMO, he is wasted at wideout.

Agree on all points. 

I'm soo pissed at our execution and play calls the slipped disc in my back is secondary.  

Mos gonna tear the paint off some walls I'm sure. I expect the team to be angry and sharp vs cal. 

23 minutes ago, Floyd said:

My autocorrect must wish that Richard Harris was our DC... I do too.

The adjustment last year was that Kyrie Wilson or Bighill were the one's spying...  Hall sends an LB with an option to blitz but he needs top notch game sense to decide what option to take. A split second makes a huge difference in gap coverage.

Anyway, I really like Briggs but he's just not a starting WIL.

The adjustment was from mos keeping bighill in rather than having kyrie chase the 6wo or rb