2021 Blue Bombers Training Camp/Pre-Season Stuff

Noeller

6 hours ago, kelownabomberfan said:

Legs needs to figure out the Medlock method for consistency.  So easy to get the Yips as a kicker....and then you are screwed.  How many did Lirim miss for us in that one game a few years ago?

Bombers kicker Lirim Hajrullahu apologizes to fans for Saturday's game | CBC News

Lirim  should have attempted them from the roof of IG Field. When he made that video of trick kicks just for fun, I knew nothing good would come of it if he missed when they counted on the field. His kicking fail that game was about as epic as it could get. I think he even shanked a punt that game as well. He's never made another trick video since. Hard lesson learned for Lirim. As a kicker, do your talking on the field which he now does. I think as bad as that day was for Lirim, it ultimately made him a better player mentally. He is now helluva kicker who doesn't need to do trick kick videos. What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. 

Edited by SpeedFlex27

4 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Lirim  should have attempted them from the roof of IG Field. When he made that video of trick kicks just for fun, I knew nothing good would come of it if he missed when they counted on the field. His kicking fail that game was about as epic as it could get. I think he even shanked a punt that game as well. He's never made another trick video since. Hard lesson learned for Lirim. As a kicker, do your talking on the field which he now does. I think as bad as that day was for Lirim, it ultimately made him a better player mentally. He is now helluva kicker who doesn't need to do trick kick videos. What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. 

It was a league wide thing that TSN did. It’s not like he one day woke up and said I am making a video. 

7 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

It may have been but sometimes these promo ideas aren't very good. 

Not the point. You have slagged Liram for making the video like he was showboating for personal glory and “running his mouth”  with a vanity video of his own design, and then got richly deserved comeuppance with his struggles. Doing the video was not his idea, and it was done to promote the league, not him personally. 

13 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

It may have been but sometimes these promo ideas aren't very good. 

5 hours ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

Not the point. You have slagged Liram for making the video like he was showboating for personal glory and “running his mouth”  with a vanity video of his own design, and then got richly deserved comeuppance with his struggles. Doing the video was not his idea, and it was done to promote the league, not him personally. 

Yeah, that's fair. 

8 minutes ago, bigg jay said:

I think meredith on the PR is mostly based on his health and maybe needing a bit more practice time. Other wise not many surprises. 

James tyrell (ni), kelvin mcknight and ardarius stewart make the wr core. Im sure we will see agudosi and meredith at some point. 

Antigua and rocquemore both on the roster as imp lbers is interesting, I think some thing will give there. 

Casey sayles makes the roster, and im sure we will see rose and his speed at dt at some point. 

12 dbs, 9 of which are imp im sure will see some movement there too. Probably going to be a couple guys on the IR to start. 

Edited by wbbfan

4 minutes ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

No big surprises

No, I think the surprises will be based on who is healthy to start out. Im betting we have guys on the pr/taxi who will be on the gameday roster. Theyre just giving a little extra time for vets to heal or make the decision and maybe protecting a couple vets from poachers aka the argos. 

https://winnipegsun.com/sports/football/cfl/winnipeg-bluebombers/receiver-mcknight-survives-bombers-cut-down-day-after-making-strong-impression-under-difficult-circumstances?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Edited by wbbfan