2021 (??) CFL Season

Noeller

Nichols was an average QB on a team that only needed average QB play. He did his job for us and there is no need to crap on him. Fajardo is a one trick pony and was figured out in the last 3rd of the season where his production dropped off because teams had film and game experience against him. Did he do a fantastic job bailing out the RIders last year....sure did....far exceeded expectations. However, teams now know how to contain him and how to force him to make mistakes. He will have a much tougher season this season.....that and somehow the RIder OL has gotten even worse. If I were a betting man I would bet Jon Jennings v2.0 over Bo Levi v2.0 simply because he threw more 50/50 balls than any QB I've seen in a long time. That kind of gunslinging is unsustainable.

Edited by GCn20

53 minutes ago, Brandon said:

Yet Fajardo doesn't despite coming in as a back up and was one goal post away from taking his team to the Grey Cup despite playing behind a crap o line.    Double standards.  

One season.... and it wasn't even a terribly impressive season at that..  

My bad on saying the Grey Cup.

Also to point out I did say Fajardo does suck and is on the lower end of starting QB's in the league.  It's just that Nichols is even lower then that and it's not my opinion it's fact. 

We crap on the Rider fans board for being completely unrealistic with what they say... yet 17to85 is even worse then the typical riderfan forum troll.  Completely throws logic, facts, and actual proof out of the window and bases his opinion as being correct because he thinks it is and/or uses revisionist history.   Jeeze just re-read all the game threads over the last two seasons and how many times were the people on here saying positives on Nichols compared to negatives.

I'm hoping Fajardo falls flat on his face this season and will enjoy watching the Riders fizzle out and I think it's a very good possibility.  But if I'm a betting man and had to put money down on Farjado vs Nichols on who wins more games....  I'm putting money on Fajardo.  Without the best rb and o-line as a safety blanket,  Nichols is going to have a really rough go around (that's if he even makes it on the team).

5 hours ago, rebusrankin said:

He wasn't one goal post away, look at the replay, no Rider receiver was open but 2 Winnipeg DBs were in great position to make the pick. Oh and even if they had made the play it was OT, not a win.

Fair enough.  He did still out play Matt Nichols! 

That healthy Matt Nichols who doesn't get hurt often :)

11 hours ago, GCn20 said:

Nichols was an average QB on a team that only needed average QB play. He did his job for us and there is no need to crap on him. Fajardo is a one trick pony and was figured out in the last 3rd of the season where his production dropped off because teams had film and game experience against him. Did he do a fantastic job bailing out the RIders last year....sure did....far exceeded expectations. However, teams now know how to contain him and how to force him to make mistakes. He will have a much tougher season this season.....that and somehow the RIder OL has gotten even worse. If I were a betting man I would bet Jon Jennings v2.0 over Bo Levi v2.0 simply because he threw more 50/50 balls than any QB I've seen in a long time. That kind of gunslinging is unsustainable.

Mike Reilly says hi. 

See the source image

11 hours ago, Noeller said:

😂😂😂😂 You don't say...... 

well duhhh....doesn't take an "insider" to see that

A quarterback who has 1 yr of starter experience, averaged 239 yards a game with 1 TD pass and almost .5 INT's a game and never won a playoff game, is not worth 500k a year...christ thats barely a 300k a year salary

1 hour ago, M.O.A.B. said:

"Fajardomania" wow. Just wow.

overnight sensation..aka one year wonder or flash in the pan...by week 5 Franklin will be the starter, and build on their losing record...especially with one of the worst o-lines in the league, if not the worst

Fajardo has like 4700 career passing yards... 4300 of them last season. I just don't buy that the guy miraculously figured out how to be a passer after never having been one before. 

I really don't think Jason Maas is the right guy for him either as an OC. Rider fans loved to crap on mcadoo, but he was pretty good at putting his crappy qbs in a position to succeed. 

34 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

Cody Fajardo is Mike Reilly in mentality only. Mike is far more accurate. 

More accurate and doesn't have a limp noodle for an arm. Seriously fajardo won't have much long term success trying to challenge teams downfield. His passes hang and hang and hang. 

Literally all he has is the spin move away from pressure and throwing the short pass. That's it. And teams won't let him get away with that forvever. 

I would take Fajardo over Nichols. There's certainly no "Nichols derangement syndrome" for me. I liked him when he was here, and thought we could have won a Cup with him. He was never the beneficiary of defensive performances like Collaros got in the 2019 playoffs.

I know this is a Bomber board, but I'm surprised how many people don't just not like Fajardo, but think he's terrible. He had a very good season. Hopefully he's a one-hit wonder and doesn't do it again.

14 minutes ago, sweep the leg said:

I would take Fajardo over Nichols. There's certainly no "Nichols derangement syndrome" for me. I liked him when he was here, and thought we could have won a Cup with him. He was never the beneficiary of defensive performances like Collaros got in the 2019 playoffs.

I know this is a Bomber board, but I'm surprised how many people don't just not like Fajardo, but think he's terrible. He had a very good season. Hopefully he's a one-hit wonder and doesn't do it again.

Fajardo doesn't suck....but he's no 500k guy. Defences figured him out after Labor Day last year, and he did have an excellent defence too. The Riders D won them more games last year than their O did.

4 minutes ago, sweep the leg said:

Based on how 2019 fared for both, Fajardo would be the logical choice for a team going forward. He's younger, he's healthier, and his ceiling has maybe not yet been established. That's not a dig at Nichols or inflating Fajardo's ability, to be sure. Nichols is a known commodity, his age is a factor (he'll be 34 in March), and his injury history makes the risk factor higher with him as a starting QB. However, he established himself as a more than capable starting QB from 2016 until his most recent injury. That shouldn't be downplayed or diminished as it relates to the success of the Bombers during that time. Nichols Derangement Syndrome refers to revising history, making misleading claims, creating falsehoods, and otherwise shitting all over a player who gave his all to this franchise for a good while. Choosing to take Fajardo over Nichols at this point in time isn't NDS. Being petty, delusional, immature, and posting hateful and erroneous garbage about him on here is, though.

Fajardo more than likely doesn't get a MOP nod based on his statistics if every Western teams' starting QBs don't all get hurt at some point during the 2019 season. He performed competently but he didn't blow away the stats sheet consistently by any stretch of the imagination. He did, however, show that he is capable of being a starter and the Riders paid him to do so. Whether than pans out for either party remains to be seen. Now that opposing teams have more tape on him, we'll see how he does as a sophomore starter. The Riders' O-line is pretty lousy but having Powell in the backfield and some solid receivers, plus his ability to scramble will help his case.

And FWIW, this a Blue Bombers forum. It's more or less part and parcel to poke fun at our team's biggest rival and the personnel moves the Riders make. We're the last fanbase who should be throwing stones at other team's QB situations but our team's also the defending champs. So, it is what it is.