2021 (??) CFL Season

Noeller

11 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Our guys who took less money will all start whereas no guarantee Masoli will. Or if he does, that after a couple of bad games he won't be benched for Evans. That's when the unhappiness starts, Why not go where the money is & be the undisputed starter? At least listen to offers. 

Because the only availble options for starting QB are in places where the teams are in rebuild mode in which most likely he will get beaten down over and over again.   He enjoys playing in Hamilton and maybe is loyal to the franchise?  

6 hours ago, 17to85 said:

Maybe he just likes the situation he's in? Is that so wrong?

If you're happy at the job you're at would you not listen to any offers from competitors who wants you to work for them? It may take a lot for you to leave but what if a company met or exceeded those needs? It doesn't hurt to at least listen. The Ti Cats will still be there in a few days.

4 hours ago, Brandon said:

Because the only availble options for starting QB are in places where the teams are in rebuild mode in which most likely he will get beaten down over and over again.   He enjoys playing in Hamilton and maybe is loyal to the franchise?  

If I was going to wait this long to sign, I'd have waited 2 weeks longer. 

5 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

If you're happy at the job you're at would you not listen to any offers from competitors who wants you to work for them? It may take a lot for you to leave but what if a company met or exceeded those needs? It doesn't hurt to at least listen. The Ti Cats will still be there in a few days.

If I was happy and got what I wanted from my current employer why would I leave?

Just now, 17to85 said:

If I was happy and got what I wanted from my current employer why would I leave?

Lol because maybe I'd get more than he thought. My take is he could have signed with the Cats anytime, right? I'm just sayin'.  Truthfully, I'm just playing Devils Advocate here in the interests of discussion. If he wants to sign with the Ti Cats I could care less. 

1 minute ago, Noeller said:

Iso, your take on this seems very Chris Jones-ish. I'm not sure I get the mentality of "always on the lookout for the next opportunity". Sometimes it's nice to set down some roots, y'know? 

When you play football & are just one injury away from never playing again I think a player should listen to other offers & make a judgement from that. What's the average career something like 3.5 years? But like I said, it's ultimately Masoli's career & he can do what he likes as \i don't really care. #devilsadvocate

1 hour ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

When you play football & are just one injury away from never playing again I think a player should listen to other offers & make a judgement from that. What's the average career something like 3.5 years? But like I said, it's ultimately Masoli's career & he can do what he likes as \i don't really care. #devilsadvocate

Masoli can pull a pay cheque from Hamilton for 3 - 5 years as a back up doing limited reps compared to going to Toronto with a much higher chance of suffering long term injuries and only lasting 1 - 2 years.  

I think Masoli sees self-preservation here. He's getting way overpaid to be a back up for 1 year. Once the reigns are handed over to Evans and he signs his big extension next offseason Masoli will sign some place like Toronto for a starter's salary. With his injury history he knows he might only last a year or two as a starter. This maximizes his length of time in the league. If he was offered $125,000 he would have been as good as gone

I think this move his genius by him, tbh.

Edited by Dr Zaius

48 minutes ago, Dr Zaius said:

I think Masoli sees self-preservation here. He's getting way overpaid to be a back up for 1 year. Once the reigns are handed over to Evans and he signs his big extension next offseason Masoli will sign some place like Toronto for a starter's salary. With his injury history he knows he might only last a year or two as a starter. This maximizes his length of time in the league. If he was offered $125,000 he would have been as good as gone

I think this move his genius by him, tbh.

Or Wpg....

https://leaderpost.com/sports/football/cfl/saskatchewan-roughriders/rob-vanstone-saskatchewan-roughriders-tied-for-league-lead-in-quarterbacks?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Bad news guys, the Riders have "so much quarterback wealth it may cause a quarterback quandry"

It's all over fellas. Game over man. Fajarado, Franklin and Harkins are "tied for the league lead in quarterbacks"

1 hour ago, Dr Zaius said:

https://leaderpost.com/sports/football/cfl/saskatchewan-roughriders/rob-vanstone-saskatchewan-roughriders-tied-for-league-lead-in-quarterbacks?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Bad news guys, the Riders have "so much quarterback wealth it may cause a quarterback quandry"

It's all over fellas. Game over man. Fajarado, Franklin and Harkins are "tied for the league lead in quarterbacks"

Yeah I read that headline and laughed. The story is more about having to release a couple before training camp. But they make it seem like other teams are going to be clamouring for their scraps haha

12 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

Hey Harker threw 3 interceptions and no TDs in his limited time in 2019, who wouldn't clamour to add that dude?

If you were to read the game day threads on riderfans when he played... you would believe that this guy was the next chosen one and the next all star in the league.   

2 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Trevor Harris should have 45 TDs a year with the receivers he's always had & yet he seems to underperform at critical times in a game. Missing open receivers in the end zone, picks at inopportune times & not seeing receivers open. I mean, Collaros would be drooling if he had the weapons this guy always seems to have. 

Can't speak to the Edmonton o line but I imagine what he's missing in weapons to throw to, he's getting in extra seconds on the internal clock.

If I'm ZC I'm taking the extra 1.5 second in the pocket over the flashy wide receivers

Just now, CodyT said:

Can't speak to the Edmonton o line but I imagine what he's missing in weapons to throw to, he's getting in extra seconds on the internal clock.

If I'm ZC I'm taking the extra 1.5 second in the pocket over the flashy wide receivers

We really need another legit deep threat to with Adams. Lawler showed flashes but isn't re-signed.