2021 (??) CFL Season

Noeller

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

Imagine going all in on Cody Fajardo.......

After we went all in on Matt Nichols for the last few years.... and that was after years of a rotation of questionable qbs.   I won't be shitting on other teams any time soon.   

I like me some Zach Collaros but odds are heavily in favour of him getting hit cleanly and then getting up dazed and missing a large chunk of the season.  

Edited by Brandon

1 hour ago, Brandon said:

After we went all in on Matt Nichols for the last few years.... and that was after years of a rotation of questionable qbs.   I won't be shitting on other teams any time soon.   

I like me some Zach Collaros but odds are heavily in favour of him getting hit cleanly and then getting up dazed and missing a large chunk of the season.  

are you seriously comparing Cody Fajardo to Matt Nichols? C'mon now......

3 hours ago, Noeller said:

are you seriously comparing Cody Fajardo to Matt Nichols? C'mon now......

At this point yes, Nichols is brittle as can be and in 2019 was definitely inferior to Fajardo. Sorry but the truth hurts the guy is and was done and was done two injuries ago.

Every Bomber fan in the last two seasons held our breathe each time he got hit because we knew the guy can't take a hit at all. 

For such a bum Fajardo did a whole lot more then Nichols despite being surrounded by far inferior talent and a much inferior special teams and defense.

Truth hurts.

3 hours ago, 17to85 said:

Nichols derangement syndrome is a thing.

If he is so good then why is he even doubtful of being a starter while Fajardo is getting paid big? 

At this point Nichols is only better then Davis and for only as long as he stays upright. Remember the last two years Nichols "bulked up" in the off season and put on muscle only for him to get hit a few times and crumble. Guy is completely done.

3 hours ago, 17to85 said:

Like I said, Nichols derangement syndrome. Guy was leading the top team in the league when he got hurt. 

And hey, every qb got hurt last year.

So are you trying to say that Nichols is at this point a healthy and viable starting qb with zero questions on his ability to stay upright after taking a hit.     

Once again... if the guy was so good then why did the Blue kick him to the curb and why didn't other teams fight each other for his services.   

Like I said.... some people are living in the past.   

Do I need to bring up my old posts showing how is production dropped sharply after his 2nd big injury with the club and his inability to even hit the 250 yards mark in a game and how he panic throwed dink and dunk?  You will then blame LaPolice and then I bring up Zach being able to come in from nowhere and immediately out perform him despite having very little time with the club.  

It's ok to admit that at this point Nichols succcccccccccccks and Fajardo who also sucks is still a better qb then him.     

5 hours ago, 17to85 said:

Like I said, Nichols derangement syndrome. Guy was leading the top team in the league when he got hurt. 

And hey, every qb got hurt last year.

We had the choice of signing Nichols or Collaros and chose Collaros despite the obvious injury issues. Why? Because the offense looked way better being run by Collaros. Quite frankly, Streveler would have won most of the games that Nichols won in the last 2 years and Streveler's not even a true starting QB yet. As I always point out wins are not a QB only stat.

29 minutes ago, Brandon said:

Like I said.... some people are living in the past.   

Nah, just one. Nichols is still living seemingly rent free in your head despite the fact he's not a part of the WFC anymore. You were the one who chose to bring him up in this thread, for no apparent reason other than to deflect from the Riders' going all in on Fajardo. Hell, it would've made more sense to bring up Collaros considering the Bombers "went all in" on him despite his injury history.

With Nichols, the Bombers didn't "kick him to the curb," unless you think letting a free agent walk qualifies as such. In which case that would also apply to Nevis and Roh who were not re-signed. But that's total nonsense. The Bombers had to choose between him or Collaros and they chose the latter. Whether or not it was the correct decision remains to be seen. It isn't like Collaros is the model of QB health, either.

In four games played, Collaros didn't outperform Nichols. The former averaged 213 passing yards, 69.1 comp. %, and 1 TD per game in 2019. He was brought in to solidify the QB position because Streveler alone wasn't getting the job done through the air. Competent QBing is all the team needed on its championship run and that's what Collaros provided.

What's to be gained by posting such bullshit revisionist history and derailing this thread with such useless comments?

7 hours ago, TBURGESS said:

We had the choice of signing Nichols or Collaros and chose Collaros despite the obvious injury issues. Why? Because the offense looked way better being run by Collaros. Quite frankly, Streveler would have won most of the games that Nichols won in the last 2 years and Streveler's not even a true starting QB yet. As I always point out wins are not a QB only stat.

We can always reference Micheal Bishop and his Argos run.  

Anyways my main point was Fajardo does suck but at least he's not the worst qb in the league (Davis/Nichols/MBT) for the last many years we fielded crappier qbs so no reason to puff our chests and act all high and mighty.  

https://3downnation.com/2021/01/20/insider-talk-adam-bighills-pay-cut-the-cap-crunch-greg-ellingson-to-saskatchewan/

I don’t see Edmonton bringing back (Almondo) Sewell. They paid (American defensive tackle) Mike Moore a lot of money and they’ve got better Canadian talent on D-line than any other team in the league. There’s just no room for him anymore.

Jefferson, Thomas, Sewell and Jeffcoat in the same line.... 🤔

(Saskatchewan Roughriders’ offensive coordinator) Jason Maas is banging the table for Greg Ellingson. He loves him and has let that be known throughout their front office.

Temper tantrum of Jason Maas - RiderFan Forums

Here's Maas seen talking to O'Day 😂

15 hours ago, Jpan85 said:

Really the play for the Darvin Adams TD is the one that sets them apart. Collaros has that pocket presence to get out of the pocket and make a play down the field.

That and the deep rail shots that Collaros completed at a high rate while Nichols' just missed' most of the time.

1 hour ago, TBURGESS said:

That and the deep rail shots that Collaros completed at a high rate while Nichols' just missed' most of the time.

Yeah and collaros wasn't as good at hitting the short passes to Harris, ya know the bulk of our lapo game plan. 

Look when they're healthy collaros is a better qb because he's more agile in the pocket, but the constant downplaying of Nichols that people do is disgusting. That guy did a hell of lot to get this team to the point where they are now he deserves some respect.

35 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Yeah and collaros wasn't as good at hitting the short passes to Harris, ya know the bulk of our lapo game plan. 

Look when they're healthy collaros is a better qb because he's more agile in the pocket, but the constant downplaying of Nichols that people do is disgusting. That guy did a hell of lot to get this team to the point where they are now he deserves some respect.

Yet Fajardo doesn't despite coming in as a back up and was one goal post away from taking his team to the Grey Cup despite playing behind a crap o line.    Double standards.  

Nichols was good pre 2018...   no one is denying that.  But 2018 - 2019 he was very mediocre.   It's ok at say when a QB is no longer good,  damn Khari's last hurrah was absolutely dreadful.  It doesn't take away that when he was healthy he was awesome.   Also stop blaming LaPo... watch the games he called plays where receivers went mid/deep and they were open but Nichols was so scared that he locked in on Harris so many of the times.  It was night and day different with Collaros who actually took his eyes off Harris and went for a 2nd and 3rd read.    Strev in his first season did the same thing,  his 2nd season Strev wanted to run it himself a bit to much.