Random Jets News

5 minutes ago, BomberBall said:

Yes, there’s definitely contact in practice, but guys are generally not trying to put each other through the boards.

Really hope Ehlers can play tonight, for obvious reasons, but also because I hate the 11 - 7 lineup.

Yeah don’t think they going all out against each other but in the past there have been fights amongst team mates at practice. Chiarot vs Wheeler was a thing. 

2 hours ago, Goalie said:

Yeah don’t think they going all out against each other but in the past there have been fights amongst team mates at practice. Chiarot vs Wheeler was a thing. 

Still remember that training camp after we signed Brendan Dillon.  Dillon was going around hitting guys in the scrimmages and then Wheeler took him aside and told him to stop doing that.  You could see the bewildered look on Dillon's face, like "what kind of country club of a team is this?"  I knew when I saw that happen that Wheeler had to go.  You have to hit guys in training camp, you're all fighting for a job.  Can't play it at 3/4 speed.

15 hours ago, kelownabomberfan said:

Still remember that training camp after we signed Brendan Dillon.  Dillon was going around hitting guys in the scrimmages and then Wheeler took him aside and told him to stop doing that.  You could see the bewildered look on Dillon's face, like "what kind of country club of a team is this?"  I knew when I saw that happen that Wheeler had to go.  You have to hit guys in training camp, you're all fighting for a job.  Can't play it at 3/4 speed.

My only issue with those who have an issue with Wheeler was that it wasn’t like he ever dogged it out on the ice. He ruptured a test-icle (really censors, that word gets blocked, but motherfucker slides right through??????)  blocking a shot, and was always pushing hard in games, even when the skills eroded. If anything, I could see teammates chafing under his surly demeanour for being a hard ass and maybe pushing them too hard (now I am not in the dressing room so this is pure speculation, but I say boo-hoo to any pro athlete who didn’t like how tough their captain was being on them for demanding effort if that is the case), but hard to imagine a country club atmosphere during his time if he is leading by example. I guess one day the full story will come out. 

Edited by TrueBlue4ever

17 hours ago, kelownabomberfan said:

I thought it was Adam Lowry.  And the reason was because he was hitting guys very hard and almost injuring him.  Lowry basically said to him "We need these guys for the season" .  I'm fine with ramping up intensity in camp, but these guys need to respect each other to not injure them before the season starts.

3 hours ago, captaincanuck12 said:

I thought it was Adam Lowry.  And the reason was because he was hitting guys very hard and almost injuring him.  Lowry basically said to him "We need these guys for the season" .  I'm fine with ramping up intensity in camp, but these guys need to respect each other to not injure them before the season starts.

I saw Wheeler do it. Dillon wasn't a rookie, he'd been through several camps. It's one thing if the coaches tell guys don't hit but other players? In training camp? I don't like that.

• 2 weeks later...