Covid-19

JCon

10 minutes ago, Mark F said:

alberta doctor asking public for donations of equipment to treat pregnant women with covid symptoms

https://twitter.com/DrStephanieCoo1/status/1439094592075288578?s=20

This is from a few days ago and she did get a ton of response. Just very sad that it had to come to that. Thankfully so many people responded and they got what they needed. 

https://www.cbc.ca/news/health/pfizer-biontech-covid19-us-vaccine-childen-1.6182150

Pfizer Inc. and BioNTech said on Monday their COVID-19 vaccine induced a robust immune response in five- to 11-year-olds, and they plan to ask for authorization to use the vaccine in children in that age range in the United States, Europe and elsewhere as soon as possible.

The companies said the vaccine generated an immune response in the five- to 11-year-olds in their Phase II/III clinical trial that matched what they had previously observed in 16- to 25-year-olds. The safety profile was also generally comparable to the older age group, they said.

America’s Cops Are Throwing a Sick COVID Temper Tantrum
-Getty 
The coronavirus killed more police officers in America last year, 145, than the 135 who were killed on the job in 2019 by gunfire, heart attacks, car crashes and everything else combined.

This year, COVID-19 is on track to again be the leading cause of death for cops, though the still-climbing death toll could be significantly slowed by the vaccine, which is widely available, highly effective and, not for nothing, a solution the National Fraternal Order of Police asked their 350,000 members be given early access to back in January.

But cops around the country are not only refusing to wear masks where they’re required and when they’ve been ordered to, they’re also vocally opposing vaccine mandates—threatening walkouts, demanding exemptions on specious grounds, and, in many places, filing lawsuits. The grim reality that one out of every 500 people in the U.S. have died of COVID since the pandemic began isn’t apparently enough to motivate many police to get vaccinated.

There have been a couple of ugly incidents reported in Winkler. In one a woman in a store was photographing maskless shoppers, one of whom tried to run her off the road when she left. In the other, a maskless person reported that a masked person pushed a shopping cart and swore at him. No arrests have been made as yet. I guess this sort of thing was bound to happen.

29 minutes ago, Tracker said:

There have been a couple of ugly incidents reported in Winkler. In one a woman in a store was photographing maskless shoppers, one of whom tried to run her off the road when she left. In the other, a maskless person reported that a masked person pushed a shopping cart and swore at him. No arrests have been made as yet. I guess this sort of thing was bound to happen.

https://www.steinbachonline.com/local/we-are-better-than-this-winkler-police-chief-addresses-growing-community-divide

Winkler's police chief has had enough. It was funny I was taking to my grandmother who was born south of Winkler. I got a good laugh when she said to me that she is glad her parents moved to Morden when they were kids. She was happy that they did not turn out like those hicks down there.

1 minute ago, Jpan85 said:

https://www.steinbachonline.com/local/we-are-better-than-this-winkler-police-chief-addresses-growing-community-divide

Winkler's police chief has had enough. It was funny I was taking to my grandmother who was born south of Winkler. I got a good laugh when she said to me that she is glad her parents moved to Morden when they were kids. She was happy that they did not turn out like those hicks down there.

The shopping cart incident was bad enough, but the road rage incident was downright scary and is a good indication of the degree of fanaticism in the anti-vaxxer camp.

Anti-vaxx couple dies of virus after claiming they survived pandemic despite being unvaccinated

Another day, another anti-vaxxer death. As the delta variant continues to spread across the country, anti-vaxxers are not only filling up hospitals but facing death. Almost every day, news of a popular anti-vaxxer being hospitalized or dying as a result of COVID-19 seems to make headlines.

In the most recent incident, two YouTubers from Alabama who were popular for online resale tips died as a result of COVID-19 days after they posted a video confirming they would never get vaccinated, AL.com reported. "We are ALIVE and still Reselling on eBay," the couple said in their last video.

The couple, Dusty Graham and Tristan Graham, known as "Alabama Pickers," posted quite a few videos on their YouTube channel denying COVID-19.

The channel has since then been taken down, but their last video remains online reposted through other accounts, including the channel "Vaxx Mann." That channel belongs to the website sorryanitvaxxer.com, which is dedicated to resharing social media posts from people who publicly opposed the COVID-19 vaccine only to later die from the virus.

According to a GoFundMe page set up by their children, Dusty died Thursday after battling COVID-19 for three weeks. His wife had "passed suddenly in her sleep" weeks earlier due to coronavirus complications on Aug. 25.

"Unfortunately Dusty and Tristan have both passed away," the couple's daughter, Windsor Graham, said. "Thank you for all the kind words and helping us during this difficult time. We will be using the money to pay for funeral expenses." The announcement of their deaths follows an announcement from Dusty weeks earlier that he was in the ICU "battling it [COVID-19] out."

The 90-minute video came days before his announcement and addressed in detail why the couple would never get vaccinated and their stance on other COVID-19 measures. "Still haven't gotten the you know what," Dusty said before mimicking a syringe jab. "Still not planning on getting it."

Anti-vaxx couple dies of virus after claiming they survived pandemic despite being unvaccinated - Alternet.org

6 minutes ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

Things holding remarkably steady so far. Two weeks into school, halfway through the CFL season...

We is fracking lucky so far. Just heard 2vax cousin in AB got it. Teacher in school with 6 unvaccinated staff.

Edited by FrostyWinnipeg

15 minutes ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

Things holding remarkably steady so far. Two weeks into school, halfway through the CFL season...

200.gif

This is probably the new baseline and there will probably be a few spikes. I am most concerned by the number of patients in the ICUs. If they drop, it would be a great sign.

First world problems so my apologies.

Anti-vaccers but not all vaccines, do your own research yea sheep wakeup, muh liberties, muh individual rights, muh choice to choose whatever I want, free speech, freeeeeduuuumb people are continuing to be responsible in restricting my movements i.e., office gym temporary closed and presently not seeking exemption to allow double vaxxed people, certain stadiums not allowing spectators to my son's high school football games and presently not seeking exemption to allow double vaxxed people.

Well done Mother F'rs.

10 minutes ago, Noeller said:

again, MB is going to be just fine as long as you maintain the current measures through the winter. Come next spring, I think things will be a lot better and you can gradually start easing some restrictions...

And as a vaccinated person here in MB life is pretty much normal at this point. 

36 minutes ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

200.gif

I have a thought on why the Southern Health area may not be raising the numbers in Manitoba in general. There is a large part of that population that stays within that zone. They have limited movement outside the area. Secondly and more importantly my quess is a very high percentage of the people that traveled I to the area are no longer willing to do so. We are 40 minutes from Winkler and I would quess %80 to %90 of the people we know are no longer willing to go there.  Personally we have switched grocery stores, equipment dealers, parts dealers, ...... to other areas. I now only go there if there is absolutely  no other option.  Perhaps it is slowing transmission. At least I hope so.

I still live in a bit of a bubble. Kids being under 12, means that I am more careful about my interactions. My riskiest behaviour has been to take the park and ride to and from the game, plus using the WCs at the stadium. Funny how it revolves around the Bombers!

Had to take both boys for Covid tests this morning due to them both having developed colds (hopefully). 

Edited by JCon