Covid-19

JCon

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgary/alberta-icu-fourth-wave-internal-modelling-icu-capacity-1.6174329

Alberta's fourth wave of COVID-19 has put the greatest strain on its health-care system to date, with about 200 patients now in intensive care units and internal modelling suggesting the situation could get worse for weeks to come.

Modelling by Alberta Health Services (AHS) obtained by CBC News suggests that, by early October, there could be as many as 365 patients in need of the province's current 286 ICU beds. 

That's under the model's "high" or worst-case scenario. The "mid" scenario puts the number of patients at 280; the "low" at 191. The number of ICU beds could also fluctuate. 

covid-19-icu-model-ahs-internal.jpg

But didn't Kenney and co. declare the pandemic was over...?

2 minutes ago, blue_gold_84 said:

we're aware......... some of us have to live through this hell, thanks very much......

Just now, Noeller said:

we're aware......... some of us have to live through this hell, thanks very much......

I'm ripping on his shitass leadership and ongoing politicization of a global health crisis, to be clear. If you think I'm sharing a news article to poke fun at Albertans suffering because of his clown antics, you're sorely mistaken.

1 hour ago, blue_gold_84 said:

I'm ripping on his shitass leadership and ongoing politicization of a global health crisis, to be clear. If you think I'm sharing a news article to poke fun at Albertans suffering because of his clown antics, you're sorely mistaken.

Well said and spot on. 

The politicization is a Huuuuuuge problem. These individuals who are continuing to politicize the pandemic need to suffer serious consequences 

Unvaccinated conservative pastor who successfully sued Colorado over mask mandates dies of COVID-19

A conservative pastor who adamantly opposed mask mandates and vaccinations to combat the spread of COVID-19 has died from complications of the virus.

On Monday, September 13, Fred Williams, who co-hosts on the conservative radio show The Real Science, confirmed Pastor Robert "Bob" A. Enyart's death in a Facebook post, according to The Denver Post.

Back in October, Enyart won a lawsuit after challenging the state's COVID mitigation efforts At the time, the state of Colorado required all individuals to wear masks indoors and limitations were placed on gathering sizes. After successfully challenging the state's order in court, a federal judge ruled that churchgoers at Colorado churches would no longer be required to wear masks indoors or limit their gathering size.

"We were so thankful that a federal court would recognize our God-given right to worship him, our creator, without the government interfering," said Enyart to KMGH-TV.

"We can actually sing congregational singing and we can gather and we're very thankful for that," Enyart continued. "We hope other churches will join us and our sister church [Community Baptist Church] up north in Brighton in worshiping God as he calls us to do, with congregational singing and no artificial limits on how many can come together."

In reference to the COVID vaccine, Enyart "stated on his show that scientists tested the Pfizer, Moderna, and Johnson & Johnson vaccines on "the cells of aborted babies," according to Newsweek.

Unvaccinated conservative pastor who successfully sued Colorado over mask mandates dies of COVID-19 - Alternet.org

Israel’s Top COVID Truther Claimed COVID That Killed Him Was ‘Poison’ Attack

One of Israel’s top anti-vaxx activists has died of COVID-19, two days after posting a final message to his followers that ordered them to “keep fighting” against the shot that could have saved his life.

Hai Shoulian, 57, spent much of the pandemic organizing protests against coronavirus rules—including mask mandates and Israel’s vaccine-passport scheme, the Green Pass. He lost his life to COVID-19 on Monday morning after spending 10 days at Tel Aviv’s Wolfson Medical Center.

His brother, Avi, told The Daily Beast that his family felt like they had been torn apart, as he headed to his brother’s funeral on Tuesday. “Our dad used to say that every table has four legs and we were four, that was our family motto,” he said, tearfully. “And since yesterday we’re three.”

Avi said his brother’s death certificate lists the coronavirus as the cause of death. He said he decided to speak to the media to encourage his brother’s followers to take the vaccine “and save their lives.” The brother added: “I wish I managed to convince him to save his own life.”

In his last Facebook post, Hai Shoulian complained about how awful his symptoms were, but remained defiant against the vaccine.

In a video showing him receiving oxygen support, he wrote: “I’m in a very bad shape, it is serious... If I take the oxygen out I can’t walk three meters. I can’t talk or respond to people. It took me about an hour to figure out who I am. Where am I and what am I doing here... Lack of oxygen is a terrible thing.”

Despite his condition, he managed a final stand against Israel’s Green Pass, saying: “It has nothing to do with the coronavirus. It has nothing to do with vaccines. It has to do with coercion... Keep fighting.”

The anti-vaxxer’s traditional name, Hai, is intended to protect its bearer—it means “alive” in Hebrew. In his final message, he signed off: “I believe that I will make it through this, with God’s help. In my estimation it will take another two weeks, maybe three.”

Two days later, he died from the virus.

When he first fell sick last week, Shoulian claimed that police had poisoned him after he was arrested during a protest against the Green Pass. “I’m telling you, this is an attempt to wipe me out and if something happens to me know that’s exactly what happened,” he said.

Hai Shoulian, Israel’s Top COVID Truther, Claimed COVID That Killed Him Was ‘Poison’ Attack (thedailybeast.com)

Edited by Tracker

so in the babiest of baby steps, Alberta announced this morning that you can now print off a little card that shows your vaccination record (up til now, we've only had a big 7x11 piece of paper from our second vaxx appointment). They say they're working on a QR code that will be available "in the coming weeks".......still no word on an actual mandate for "passports" to access non-essential services. They are, however, having an emergency meeting of the AB COVID "Task Force" (government committee that votes on changes to protocol) today......soooooooooooooooooo.............maybe? 

On 2021-09-11 at 8:29 AM, WildPath said:

I know I, and some others on here, have lamented losing empathy for the unvaccinated. I found this story touching and hopefully helpful for not covering the unvaccinated with a blanket of hate.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmonton/icu-doctor-letter-to-patient-1.6171187

Just want to test this here to see if I'm asking relevant questions to hardcore freedom of choice lurkers here.

To any anti-vaccine lurkers whose main argument it's their individual right not to take it and no one can regulate them taking it, where's your line when you acknowledge regulating something is more important than your individual rights? Drunk driving, seat belt wearing what?

How do you determine that line of yours or is your line determined based on your hopes and beliefs even when facts contradict them? What's your definition of critical thinking? Don't be a sheep, do your research, wake up? Did I do that right?

How do you determine what a fact is? 

If you're so committed to not taking this FDA approved vaccine to help curb this pandemic are you willing to tell healthcare teams what healthcare you need when you need it?

Step up.

32 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

Just want to test this here to see if I'm asking relevant questions to hardcore freedom of choice lurkers here.

To any anti-vaccine lurkers whose main argument it's their individual right not to take it and no one can regulate them taking it, where's your line when you acknowledge regulating something is more important than your individual rights? Drunk driving, seat belt wearing what?

How do you determine that line of yours or is your line determined based on your hopes and beliefs even when facts contradict them? What's your definition of critical thinking? Don't be a sheep, do your research, wake up? Did I do that right?

How do you determine what a fact is? 

If you're so committed to not taking this FDA approved vaccine to help curb this pandemic are you willing to tell healthcare teams what healthcare you need when you need it?

Step up.

I share your frustration.  I know of a person who has had necessary heart surgery delayed due lack of ICU beds caused, in part, by COVID patients, many of whom are anti-vaxxers.  Those who say their vaccination status affects only themselves have their heads buried so far up their ass they'll never see daylight.

1 hour ago, Sard said:

Apparently you can get it now.  Someone I know just got the third dose earlier today at the Supersite in Brandon.

The third inoculation will be administered only at doctors' office and only to those with compromised immune systems and/or those who have received a non-approved vaccine.

54 minutes ago, bustamente said:

Time after time politicians keep showing us how incompetent they are, the evidence of this is staring Albertans right in the face and it didn't have to be this way. Stay safe Albertan Brothers and Sisters this to will pass but unfortunately many will die

The hammer came down pretty good tonight. State of emergency declared. Reduced capacity at stores. A half assed vaxx passport system. I'd call it 3/4 measures.... 

The most encouraging news is the mlas angry at kenney  I hope he throws a fit at the revolt and calls an election like he has threatened in the past. It sucks. I don't need a federal election, I don't want to lose nenshi or the councilor for my ward (they're both not seeking reelection) but the only government that desperately needs tossed on its ass we don't get the chance to do it.

The thing that bothers me is that this was largely preventable if they had done things properly from the get go, or announced some restrictions a few weeks ago instead of trying to bribe a few people to get a 2nd shot. Typical Bumbles,  waits until it's already a crisis to actually act rather than showing leadership and acting before it gets to a critical point.

32 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

The thing that bothers me is that this was largely preventable if they had done things properly from the get go, or announced some restrictions a few weeks ago instead of trying to bribe a few people to get a 2nd shot. Typical Bumbles,  waits until it's already a crisis to actually act rather than showing leadership and acting before it gets to a critical point.

If we'd followed the same path as Manitoba has, this wouldn't be happening. Going "Full Moron" July 1st brought us here, and everyone knows it. Once the numbers come back down again, we HAVE TO come back very gingerly...babiest of baby steps.