Covid-19

JCon

This is a story from a ICU in Ontario. In it they are talking about using an ECMO machine. It removes the blood near your groin then removes the CO2 and adds Oxygen and pumps it back into you at your neck. I haven't heard them talked about before and I'm wondering if Manitoba has them and how many. They said Ontario has a limited number. Only for the most desperate with nonfunctional lungs.

https://www.ctvnews.ca/health/coronavirus/inside-an-ontario-icu-where-the-covid-19-patients-are-largely-young-and-all-unvaccinated-1.5587419

7 minutes ago, Noeller said:

If we'd followed the same path as Manitoba has, this wouldn't be happening. Going "Full Moron" July 1st brought us here, and everyone knows it. Once the numbers come back down again, we HAVE TO come back very gingerly...babiest of baby steps. 

And yet we both know Bumbles is going to throw the doors wide open again and this time probably will do away with testing so we don't see how bad things are.

8 minutes ago, Noeller said:

If we'd followed the same path as Manitoba has, this wouldn't be happening. Going "Full Moron" July 1st brought us here, and everyone knows it. Once the numbers come back down again, we HAVE TO come back very gingerly...babiest of baby steps. 

It's got to be one of the stupidest things I've seen any government in Canada do in my 60 some years. This wasn't only predictable but it was guaranteed to happen

44 minutes ago, the watcher said:

It's got to be one of the stupidest things I've seen any government in Canada do in my 60 some years. This wasn't only predictable but it was guaranteed to happen

Everything the UCP has done has been a spectacular failure. Their new K-6 curriculum is so bad there are only like 2 school boards even willing to pilot it. They invested a billion dollars into keystone XL which was canceled as soon as Biden took office. They're trying to claw back doctors and nurses salaries still even while we have a pandemic going on. Just the absolute worst and I don't forgive anyone who willingly voted for these clowns. They bear responsibility for this too.

2 minutes ago, bustamente said:

Manitoba is not even close to being out of the woods, yes we have vaccinated for the most part and restricted where the non vaccinated can go but we have our share of incompetence and stupidity here

Thankfully the stupidity seems to be more strong outside Winnipeg 

Just now, Noeller said:

As long as Manitoba keeps the measures they currently have, I think you're going to be okay....

Eventually you gonna run out of ppl in the southern district so I agree 

21 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Everything the UCP has done has been a spectacular failure. Their new K-6 curriculum is so bad there are only like 2 school boards even willing to pilot it. They invested a billion dollars into keystone XL which was canceled as soon as Biden took office. They're trying to claw back doctors and nurses salaries still even while we have a pandemic going on. Just the absolute worst and I don't forgive anyone who willingly voted for these clowns. They bear responsibility for this too.

To be honest I wasn't following what or how things were going to closely in Alberta pre Covid.  My years of heading west to work in the winter are far behind me. So my impression of Kenny and crew  is based mostly during the pandemic. It's pretty hard to say anything positive other than this should kill  any rumors of him entering Federal politics.

4 minutes ago, the watcher said:

To be honest I wasn't following what or how things were going to closely in Alberta pre Covid.  My years of heading west to work in the winter are far behind me. So my impression of Kenny and crew  is based mostly during the pandemic. It's pretty hard to say anything positive other than this should kill  any rumors of him entering Federal politics.

He would probably do less damage there as a small frog in a big pond.

1 minute ago, Tracker said:

He would probably do less damage there as a small frog in a big pond.

His whole plan was to be premier in Albert's when oil and gas rebounded and take over as leader of the cpc when they blew another election and be prime Minister.  He is ambitious, but thankfully he has failed so spectacularly in Alberta his government career should be over.

I'm getting off the Covid subject a bit  but I've always been impressed with leaders who can set aside their personal or party idealology and do what they know to be right for the good of the country or province. 

I think what we are seeing in Alberta is what can happen  if a leader can't or won't do that. In this case it is deadly .

34 minutes ago, the watcher said:

I'm getting off the Covid subject a bit  but I've always been impressed with leaders who can set aside their personal or party idealology and do what they know to be right for the good of the country or province. 

I think what we are seeing in Alberta is what can happen  if a leader can't or won't do that. In this case it is deadly .

Jason Kenney thinks the Reform movement is still alive, and to a certain extent it is, but even Alberta is a lot more moderate than it was a couple decades ago.

45 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

Jason Kenney thinks the Reform movement is still alive, and to a certain extent it is, but even Alberta is a lot more moderate than it was a couple decades ago.

In the cities for sure...Calgary and Edmonton are much more moderate........rural AB......straight up 1950s Alabama.

2 hours ago, Noeller said:

As long as Manitoba keeps the measures they currently have, I think you're going to be okay....

They seriously need to consider regional measures for places like the Bible Belt in the South.  The pandemic is almost 2 years old, vaccines have been administered since December 2020(!) and some people still choose to endanger others.

Time to stop coddling the fools.  If Manitoba can lead on Vaccine Passports, they can lead on this as well.

Health Canada has authorized brand name changes for three COVID-19 vaccines. The Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine will now be named Comirnaty, the Moderna vaccine will be named SpikeVax, and the AstraZeneca vaccine will be named Vaxzevria, Health Canada said in a tweet Thursday.

I can see the commercials on CNN now....Vaxzevria may be right for you!

Edited by FrostyWinnipeg